Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st January 2008, 02:17 PM

Cool Gold Coast Punters meeting

Gold Coast Punters meeting!
Exchanging ideas on how to make money on horse racing, with a special guest from WA, who is experience Punter.
Go to other forum (Cy) and click on the post-dated 28/12/07 (pffa)
There are the details where the meeting will be as well as a contact email address.
I have nothing to do with it just happened to find out about it on the net.
Hope I didn’t break the rule.
Old 7th January 2008, 07:23 PM

Smile

Hi all,
It’s good to see there was some interest in this post, 114 viewers, no bad.
Hopefully some of you will take this seriously and try to come to the meeting.
Those of you that do come ,will get to know the punter that does not use systems,
and yet is very successful in making money betting horses.

B
Old 9th January 2008, 04:16 PM

Wink Interesting read.

This article is from previous meeting

The November Meetings"
I promised after the Melbourne meetings to say more about them. I apologise for the long delay in doing that which reflects a busy time of the year. And also I seem to get writer's block when the pennies keep dropping about what it all means.
The following is not terribly well sequenced, but is there as I wrote it.
One of the outstanding things I saw at the meeting was Chris’s graphing tool which enables you to monitor visually the performance of a system which can tell you at a glance a great deal about a system's performance. As we could see, a quick look at a graph and its lumps and bumps could tell you a lot about a system that you may not find out in a summary. He doesn’’t want systems that have failed to perform over six months. I might make an exception for longshot systems. But I will get that.
I also like Chris's proposal to speed up the testing in xxxxx by testing all meetings and all horses over say five years over a weekend and dropping the CSV file into Excel to enable it’’s analysis. He has since invested in PPFA so that should make the exercise even more worthwhile.
Steven Dutch bets with the top 2 base rated horses provided he can get $4.00 (or is it 4/1).
He says that those that are Blackbooked can be bet for a profit and someone is doing so. If a horse is in the top 2 In the Field Strengths, it has an excellent chance of scoring.
He has explained how you can use the Field Strengths as a check on the quality of the selections by the systems. If the selections qualify but don’’t meet the Field Strength, it may be possible to bet them at a higher price. If they do meet the field strength criteria, as well as being selected, they may be bet at a shorter price.
Steven is recommending Bestform because he feels it will give a bonanza on the wet tracks in New Zealand next year. The addition of barrier trial results also enables you to look at a horse more closely that may appear to have no form for first up.
However, PPFA does not need 10 start form. Steven says 1 start is enough.Steven is placing great emphasis on the form analysis getting the ratings in the right order. I think this is more important than the actual impact on the base ratings which we all know leave much to be desired.
Steven is also moving towards PPFA ratings which will outperform the existing ones. They will be speed based. In his typical thoroughness, He has times for every relevant track in Australia as fast, good, slow and heavy for every distance. This will enable us to compare horses more accurately. Imagine the work that would entail. He concedes the problem with performance of the existing ratings and the much more accurate data through PPFA is essentially trying to make inferior ratings better. A patch work job. And hence the need for new ratings which I would await eagerly.
Steven’s Staker increases the bet in a winning streak not a losing one. Because of the minimum bet being high, the low strike rate is more than offset by the excellent dividends.
Steven does not like Adelaide or Perth. He feels there are too many form reversals in Adelaide and too many poor jockeys in Adelaide and Perth. Sydney and Melbourne are what he prefers.
BlackBook horses can be found by opening File Maintenance and setting the filter Racing2Day.
Steven is saying that you can use the Black Book as a check on the stength of system selections. If the top 4 rated are also top 4 in Field Strength, they tend to perform to expectation. If they are not in the top 4 of field strength, they can be risky betting propositions.
Working with Steven and Brendan at Sandown on the Saturday was also instructive. A big crowd for the Sandown Classic and other major events. He watched the first couple of races and then said that the track was favouring front runners. Just watching the early events can give you valuable input for the later races and could lead to the abandoning of some selections. Even quality horses were not making any headway on the leaders and only Zipping, the favourite in the Sandown Classic was able to reverse this pattern.
I gather also that the rail position can make a big difference to the ability of backmarkers to get a run. If the rail is true, all horses get a chance, but if it is out wide, especially on a narrow track, the front runners have a big advantage. Some of you will know all that but it was an eye-opener to me.
Wind also can be very influential. If it is across the track, it won't make a lot of difference. A head wind favours the backmarkers because the front runners are slowed down. A tail wind also favours the backmarkers because is gives them extra speed! All very new to me.
Possibly the most important thing I will take from the week end is to be much more aware of the importance of keeping the data up to date in PPFA. Important parts of PPFA include jockey and trainer allowances and the chances of horses that did not do themselves justice in recent runs. Steven thanked me for driving him by updating all my PPFA data and I could see an immediate improvement.
Steven is less concerned with the odds than the order and with getting that right. Obviously the fact that jockeys move in and out of form means that keeping it all up to date is crucial and I will therefore invest in his updates. And I can see the importance of updating several times during the day. I missed a $9.50 winner last Saturday by not doing that. Previously I've been updating to 12 o'clock but not much past that.
Old 21st January 2008, 10:35 AM

Thumbs up Great success

Hi all,
Gold Coast punters’ meeting was a great success.
There were about 30 people, which was a good turn out!
It was a good experience to chat to all kinds of punters with different ideas
and big mob’s of experience.
Well done all.