Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th September 2005, 12:40 PM

Don't forget about their rule that states that if they offer the wrong odds, your bet can be cancelled at any time...

I had to learn the hard way. I put $200 on a horse showing $7 fixed odds. The confirmation screen came up. Yes, my bet was accepted. OK.. So now I lay it off on BF at odds of $3, ready to cash in, and the phone rings. We are very sorry but your bet has been cancelled due to us offering the wrong odds.... Um, well I have to question how it is that my bet was accepted and confirmed.

They were happy to give me my $200 bet at better than advertised odds of $2.70 though. Wow.....

As it turns out, the race started when I was still talking with them. My horse missed the jump by about 5, so I was happy to inform them that since the race had started, morally I couldn't place a bet with them, for any odds....
lol....
A potentially disastrous situation turned into a nice little profit, for once....

I am a little disappointed though, that they have the power to cancel a bet by saying they offered the wrong odds. Although this has only happened once, I think that this sort of power could be easily misused. How easy would it be for them to get crunched on a shortener, and merely cancel all bets due to advertising the "wrong odds".... (Although I am not suggesting for a second that they would......)
Old 23rd September 2005, 04:01 PM

Thumbs up Thanks w924 and BJ.

Thanks w924 and BJ for sharing your thoughts. Much appreciated. I think I'm going to bite the bullet, and join IASbet in an effort to get the best prices for my selections. Thanks again for your insight.