Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 9th September 2005, 09:55 PM
Banned

Default Eagle Farm Saturday

Race 1.
Alot of talk about Naval Seal ...i like him and think he has a future but this will be a high pressure race..I was with Rogam's Gem last start and will stick by her..this is her distance..she has little weight and should get the nice sit behind Defecting Playboy and Allegro..she also can handle the pressure and has fitness on her side..I can see her pinging at the start of the straight with Naval Seal chasing her down but just missing out..would want better than 4.60
Allegro and Picture book for the multis..
Race 2.
Romantic Journey..i like the way he stuck on last start..i think the distance suits..i said last week that they might be to nippy for him and more ground would suit...he gets that here...very promising type.
Race 3.
I like a roughie in this one..Red Pill ..huge run last start where he was never on the track and made a mile of ground..ran about 3200m last start so the distance shouldnt be a worry..will like the more open spaces here..
Abu Simbel did well last start to make the ground up he did..very slow pace and he made a stack of ground...Jimmy knows the horse well ..
Bit Of Magic a chance at odds for the mulits.
Race 4.
I liked Sam's Dream last time at what i thought would be good odds...seems alot of people thought the same thing and he shortened which was good as it made Umaprince's price alot better...he ran on well ..has the good barrier and the claim..Tycoon Rose has been good to me and she'll be around there somewhere..i just think the weight will stop her ..Colins Party the main danger..
Race 5.
These races are always hard..if i'm feeling adventurous i'd go Lady Breakfast who won for us a couple of starts ago....Leather the main danger..
Race 6.
Tough race this one....i thought there was alot of merrit in Bohemian Dancers last run..i know hes backing off in distance but Dwyer would of freshened him up and he hasnt much weight..
Unbound the real big danger..huge run off the slow pace from way back last start..i dont like the inside barrier though..twanged flew a couple of starts ago and hit the line well last week..and devil should be fitter and the claim brings him into it..
excotics around these 4 ...but at nice odds BD looks a good bet
Race 7.
Really keen on Kas Nediym..this horse is flying..hopefully people discount his Nth Qld form and i get decent odds,,
last start he missed the kick had to zig zag through the field and copped interfernce and still won...More than Hugs the big danger....
really keen on Kas,
Race 8.
Not keen in this race..i thought Fillibeg's last run was good...Stood up even with the bad barrier is right in this ..and i thought at odds Vettories Image who should lead this field has a chance ..
might just have e/w on Vettories...depends on how i'm going..but will have some excotics around the other 2 and wide....but i'll probably get out early and beat the traffic..

Good Luck all
Old 9th September 2005, 10:39 PM
Banned

Other state selections.
Sydney.
*Buran, *Evalina, *Fangio,
Moonee Valley
*Stratton Place, *Our egyptian raine, *Diamond Hailey, *Lord Of Lauriston
Adelaide
*Bramada, *Pray Silence, *Wavefront, *Colorado Extreme,
Gold Coast
*Luke's Turn,
Toowoomaba
*Canadian Kate,
Belmont
*Maximus Minuis, *Foxaround, *Power Patrol

Looking for value in Sydney...I think Railings will be to good but no value..I might be tempted into Sportsman as i think he'll get the good sit behind the leaders ..i also liked For Valour ...could be a good 1st4 race..
Buran impressed me with the way he stuck on behind a smart one last start..
Evalina gets the speed she needs here,,and Fangio does to ..likes the track,,
melbourne and especially Moonee Valley for me is a graveyard..I'm giving stratton Place one more chance..should be ready now to win..should of won last start but i think the jock fell asleep..
real confident about OER ..good fresh loves the distance,,wins ..
Diamond Hailey will need luck as will LOL ..think at real good odds they're worth an e/w
Confident in Adelaide,,haven't been going well there lately but i have that winning feeling tomorrow..

weather an odds will cull a few of these,,,..have to much happening ..

Good luck
Old 9th September 2005, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1993
Race 8.
Not keen in this race..i thought Fillibeg's last run was good...Stood up even with the bad barrier is right in this ..and i thought at odds Vettories Image who should lead this field has a chance ..
might just have e/w on Vettories...depends on how i'm going..but will have some excotics around the other 2 and wide....but i'll probably get out early and beat the traffic..

Stood Up and Vettorie's Image are both scratched.
Old 9th September 2005, 11:17 PM

....oh and Fangio's scratched too. And Bramada's scratched from Adelaide to run in Melbourne.

Looks like you've lost a few selections already, Mav.
Old 10th September 2005, 12:05 AM
Banned

warming to Fillebeg with the scratchings..
wonder whats up with Fangio..,,
harder race for Bramada they must be confident..i'll trust their judgment ..
thanks Sportz
Old 10th September 2005, 08:00 AM

HI Mav, thanks for your very interesting commentary there,...always a pleasure to read..you have made Qld racing much more interesting for me
hope you didnt hit Leamington road too hard yesterday...I tried to come up with something in that race and had to abandon it...wouldnt have had the winner anyway..talk about a wide open affair..nice win by winner though..
All the very best of luck today and Go the Saints
Old 10th September 2005, 08:03 AM

I don't have anything I like in Brisbane the races just look very poor there today.

Melbourne
MR 1: Ready to Mambo
MR 2: Shasta
MR 5: Isanami e/w
MR 6: Lad of the Manor Roughie might be Vouvray
MR 7: Glamour Puss *** Danger if any Falkirk and Danerich
MR 8: Diamond Hailey might be alright e/w

Sydney
SR 4: Ferruccio
SR 5: Railings *** won't be great odds will be surpised if he gets beat
SR 7: hard race like a couple here Steflara and Battle Maiden look to be value hopes and One in a Million wouldn't know the meaning of the word value I also thought that Mi Jubilee might improve sharply if it can get a little bit of cover it raced very badly in front last start.
SR 8: Perfect Promise/Outback Prince will depend on how fit Outback Prince looks today
Old 10th September 2005, 08:24 AM
Banned

Darn RAw! We think alike! I love Lad of the manor today and Glamour Puss looks great to me to. I thoughta bout Shasta as a hunch bet because it's a running joke over here about all the hospitals serving Shasta soda. It's kinda cheap and the only place you see it is when you are in the hospital> My boss had an operation last week and we were joking about the Shasta. LOL My hunch on CASTLEBAR came through last night so ya better watch out.
Old 10th September 2005, 10:09 AM

Specials:

Mlb: Storm Alert. good 3yo formlines, i thought it was a strong 2nd up effort last week, 7 day back up, 4/1 looks good value.

Adl: Susie Mine. down in class on last start 2nd, suited by Vic Park, no Outback Lad's in this race, only price dependant. If 3/1 on offer I'll take it

Others & interest bets:

(all depends on what prices are on offer)

Syd:

Palatial
Al's Flyer
Don Raphael
Daniel's the Man
Loftily
Outback Prince

Mlb: (raining again???)

Cant Get On
Mr Sandgroper & Zaceilo
No Questions + Crevette & Fullazz
Glamour Puss & Perfectly Ready (warming to the mare). Falkirk? dunno dont this bloke now
Storm Alert***

Brs:

Bit of Magic
Star Shiraz & Fiery Sunset

Adl:

General Market
Susie Mine***
Emmooki St & Gold Member
Outback Lad & Zedimbi (I missed Civil last start, not the type to win 2 in a row)
Wyndam Fortune

No one missed Virage de Fortune's run last start. Might be a class above them, but I'm hoping that run has taken something out of her. Again there looks speed in this race with Freestyle & On the Loose drawn out. Hopefully Pinezero tries to hold her pos as well. Could set this up for a horse like No Questions to sprint home. WA form usually stacks up.
Old 10th September 2005, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1993
Moonee Valley
*Lord Of Lauriston