Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 14th April 2006, 06:29 AM
Suspended.

Smile System being trialed without the rules being supplied

This might be controversial but it's a valid point and not aimed at anyone. It's just that system selections without system rules are becoming the norm here now. To the point that this 'system' page rarely has any [actual] systems on it that are being discussed and/or improved, which is a pity because this forum page used to be used for that purpose.

Personally, I feel trailed systems without the rules being supplied are nothing more than tips and are on the wrong forum page. A system has a far greater chance of being improved and becoming successful if other forum members have input.

How to make money on a forum.

Scenario only:
1.Whack up and trial a few systems for a couple of months by providing their selections only but not the system rules.
2. If lucky and any of them prove profitable for that time, remove them.
3. Discretely provide contact details.
4. Set a price for any further selections or a price for the system itself :-)

Has this happened on this forum before? Probably not [yet] but it's a great idea !!

Last edited by crash : 14th April 2006 at 06:36 AM.
Old 14th April 2006, 07:24 AM
Suspended.

Well I thought it was about time someone stuck their head up and mentioned a trend that is slowing overtaking and overwhelming the whole 'systems page'.
It is quickly becoming a proving ground for personal systems which might be 'fascinating' for the system trialers, but it can become a very boring exercise for most other forum members.

There should be a rule here: If you want to put up system selection put up the system rules otherwise proceed to the tipping page where the other tipsters are posting. By saying that I am not saying tips are not appreciated. They are and I even have a place tip thread there myself that started as a system [rules supplied] but now are straight handicapped tips.

It would be nice here to go back to trialing and improving sytems that have exposed rules.

Last edited by crash : 14th April 2006 at 07:32 AM.
Old 15th April 2006, 03:32 PM

Crash, I do agree with you, but there is a very big problem involved in revealing rules to good systems.

I personally have revealed the exact rules to three very good systems in the past including works in progress and ideas, only to have them ripped from the forum and republished both in the media and also on the internet.

In fact, I had intended to have these ideas and systems on the forum for people to use free of charge of course, but when they have been poached and resold for profit, that's where I draw the line.

There are many well known "vulchers" out there scanning forums such as this for their next article or webpage or system offering.

I think I will be putting my ideas in the tipping forum.

Question to management....

Is it possible to offer the actual rules to the systems published via email, where we can weed out the practice of poaching?
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/05/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 15th April 2006, 04:39 PM
Banned

Smile CRASH

Here,s one for you .

2 YO RACES ONLY

TOP WEIGHT

FAV

WON LAST START

SAME DISTANCE

SAME JOCKEY.

Cheers.
darky
Old 15th April 2006, 06:13 PM
Suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
Crash, I do agree with you, but there is a very big problem involved in revealing rules to good systems.

I personally have revealed the exact rules to three very good systems in the past including works in progress and ideas, only to have them ripped from the forum and republished both in the media and also on the internet.

In fact, I had intended to have these ideas and systems on the forum for people to use free of charge of course, but when they have been poached and resold for profit, that's where I draw the line.

There are many well known "vulchers" out there scanning forums such as this for their next article or webpage or system offering.

Is it possible to offer the actual rules to the systems published via email, where we can weed out the practice of poaching?

I see your point and it is a dilemma Chrome but what has been taking over here is system trialling. To me anyway [and obviously management] that is abusing the forum for potential personal benefit, not mutual benefit. Kills it for everyone with harmless intentions [PPM is a good example of innocent intentions]. When one system turns to 4 being trailed where does it stop? One person dominating the whole page trialling their systems that's where it stops and as about as interesting as watching paint dry for the rest of us.
Old 18th April 2006, 03:46 PM
Banned

Smile HERE IS A COUPLE OF OLDIES TO PLAY AROUND WITH.

AHJAYS

WON LAST START IN 14 DAYS

1100 - 1800 M

C or TD

PURPLEHEART 68

LAST START IN 15 DAYS

1000- 1600

C or TD

Must be in the 1st 2 lines of betting.

Wonder if anyone followed through with these 2 ?
Cheers.
darky.
Old 19th April 2006, 12:04 PM
Banned

Smile

A nice original thought but no action ???

Cheers.
darky.
Old 19th April 2006, 08:19 PM
Banned

Smile Another one - an old PPM from the magazine.

Bet the 1st /2nd and 3rd favorites.

Fav = $15

2nd FAV = $10

3rd FAV = $7

Cheers.
darky.
Old 19th April 2006, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
....There are many well known "vulchers" out there scanning forums such as this for their next article or webpage or system offering.

We are not sure this will "weed out the practice of poaching". People who are unscrupulous will join e-mailing lists.

Management.
Old 19th April 2006, 10:08 PM
Banned

Smile BARE BONES OF A SYSTEM...

TOP 3 RATED IN WIZARD

LAST START WITHIN 14 DAYS

DROP IN CLASS

DROP IN FIELD STRENGTH

Cheers.
darky.