Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Archive > AFL Australian Rules Football Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 25th May 2005, 12:07 AM

Default My thoughts on the season so far + tips!

Okay, here goes:

West Coast. Good side, but they won't win the premiership. Lack of decent tall forward and their inability to play well in Melbourne will cost them in the long run.

St Kilda. I thought they would win the flag this year. If they don't beat Sydney on the weekend their season is almost over and wouldn't that top off a great era of underachieving. With their list especially.

Melbourne. ************ good side. Many possible goalkickers such as Yze, Robertson, Neitz, Bruce, Green, Holland, Davey. Look for these boys to figure prominently in the Finals.

Geelong, I think they are a very good team, could possibly go all the way this year. Out of them and the Demons I reckon.

Brisbane are screwed, season over. Same for the Pies, the Blues, the Bombers and the Dockers. I reckon Hawthorn may make the finals. Loaded with talent. Doggies, should make the 8 as well as the Roos (only just).

Port, just have to make the 8 to give it a crack. DO NOT write them off.

Sydney, who knows? Do they have the game to win finals footy? Probably not.

Richmond- bubble will burst sonn, just you wait. Not sure on finals or not. Looks likely.

Adelaide, sneaking up on teams, currently sitting 5th and have two relatively easy games at home in the next two rounds, should see them consolidate a spot in the top four, or if not in the top 5 definetely. Premiership darkhorse = Adelaide Crows.

Just felt like getting some opinions off my chest.

Happy Punting!
Old 25th May 2005, 12:26 AM

Kitch i think you overate melbourne. If west coast finish 1st or 2nd this year they will be in the grand final only because they get 2 home finals and are near impossible to beat(won last 14 at home). I think Geelong should be the flag favourites they are playing some great footy and will be tough to beat. Adelaide if they play at there best will be tough also. But for me i think it will be a Geelong v West Coast Grand final with Geelong winning one for a change.
Old 25th May 2005, 11:18 AM
Former Member

Are you guys serious about the Crows WINNING the flag.
They have no chance. No forward line. No premiership. Simple as that.

West Coast wont win it. Hansen needs to really keep improving for them to win it. I'll get howled down for this but the West Coast can definitely get beaten in a final at Perth if they are playing a good team like Port, Saints or Swans and they are in reasonable touch.
You need an allround good forward line to win a flag but 1 star throughout the year. WCE simply dont have it. Gardiner could be it, but, I reckon he's going to break down sooner or later.

Best flag chances in my opinion are Geelong, Saints, Swans and Power.
Im prepared to lay West Coast, Melbourne, Bris, Adelaide.

All the other sides arent even worth mentioning because they definitely can't win the flag.
Old 25th May 2005, 06:36 PM

I am serious in saying that Adelaide could win the flag.

Their backline is the best in the compeition (Rutten, Hart, Bassett, Bock Torney, Doughty) and their midfield is right up there amongst WCE (Thompson, Mattner, McLeod, Riccuito, Goodwin, Edwards).

If Welsh or Perrie fire in any game, chances are the Crows will win.

Write them off at your own peril.
Old 25th May 2005, 11:05 PM
Former Member

fair enough. We will agree to disagree!!
Im happy to revisit this discussion in 2 months.
I cant believe how quickly you have dropped off your own mob.
They are one team that could win a flag from any position in the 8 and are capable of going anywhere in the country and winning.
Old 26th May 2005, 10:59 AM

Have to agree with you mug. Adelaide have not got the side to go all the way.

Genuine chances are West Coast, Geelong, St Kilda (barring continual injury problems), Melbourne???.
Old 26th May 2005, 01:16 PM
Banned

Wink

haven't all you blokes heard,Geelong have just been declared certainties to win the flag
cheers