Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th August 2002, 08:57 AM

HI All,

Received in the mail today an offer from the sport of Kings Racing, Inviting me to join their Millionaires Club. Anyboby have any thoughts on these guys ?
Any Comment !!!!

Cheers, Golly
Old 20th August 2002, 12:51 PM
Suspended

Steer Clear. Same as JJ Williams,Equos Turf &Simon Marshall. Speacilise in ratings but refuse over a number of years to be monitored by Punters Choice.
Old 20th August 2002, 02:37 PM

Golly ,

I had a free one month trial of the millionaires club a while ago.

What they do is send all of the races with there ratings and prices to your email on the morning of the races , what you do is back any horse in the top 5 or so that is better then the price reccommended by them.

So in reality you could be backing 4 or more horses in one race although they did show a ok profit in that one month i used , but i still wouldn't recommend it.

And remember a profit a day keeps the Girlfriend/Wife away.
Old 20th August 2002, 02:45 PM

Everyone seems to be talking about Punters Choice as if they are the be all and end all for knowing what works and doesn't work. Aren't they just a very well promoted business that is out there to make a profit?Why should tipping services etc. give their information for free in advance to an organisation that has set themselves up as an independent watchdog but is out there to make a profit out of monitoring them?
Who knows where the free information ends up or who ends up using it if it is good?
Punters Choice is not a government regulated horse racing consumer watchdog.
Old 20th August 2002, 06:24 PM

Having tried this service previously (shared costs with a couple of mates) around spring carnival last year I have a few observations.

It is basically an overlay betting approach where you back a maximum of three horses per race as long as it does't exceed a certain outlay limit.

They include the amount to stake for each selection.

Also like to tip their office specials which are to be backed differently to their ratings.

The biggest problem is they rate every race everywhere. Bris, Syd, Melb, Adel, Gold Coast. You would go crazy keeping track of prices in 5 venues over an afternoon.

Also they were very reluctant to disclose how much it would cost for full membership once the trial period was over. I believe it is very expensive- 000's per year.

If anyone is interested I could try to send a copy of one of the ratings sheets.
Old 20th August 2002, 07:44 PM
Banned

I know how much will it cost around $16000-$18000. Once they think that their tip sheet perform well on that particular saturday they will assume you going as well as them. Then they will try to give you not good enough false office special. Their target profit is around $1000 per race. Generally speaking, they can natch up from $1500-$5000 per day base on $1000 per race, sometime u will lose $1500-$2000. Because their profit is so huge u need at least $20000+ as your bank to do this type of betting. If someone know how to do don scott type weight and class ratings then you can price your winner yourself .
Old 20th August 2002, 09:11 PM

At that price the only ones in the "millionaires club" will be the people selling the tips! You would think that they could at least afford to update their website occassionally.

Testarossa - Just wondering why you wouldn't recommend it if it made a profit? Was it because of the price or you just didn't like their betting methodology?

Personally it sounds like one of the better services, except for the price! At least they give you definite prices for each runner and they seem to be profitable based on the comments here?
Old 20th August 2002, 10:01 PM

I don't think they have very many members, as they are always offering "free" trials if you ring their 1902 number
Old 20th August 2002, 10:24 PM
Banned

Wow not many needed as you have mentioned thekey cause if theu got only 20 members that is enough ($18000*20)=$360000 net profit tax free per year need not to invest anything except u know how to logically price the main chances in each race. One questions for thekey have u ever try to guess how they work out the rating and how they price for each horse in each race.
Old 20th August 2002, 11:10 PM

Dolly,

They use weight and time ratings but also supposedly info received from stables etc.
Not sure how you convert this to kgs?
Anyway, each horse is rated to 0.1 kg accuracy and then those within 5kg of top rated are priced to to an 85% market.
Not exactly sure how the ratings are converted to prices but some analysis shows that it fits a negative exponential curve.
eg decimal = exponential (-0.2*margin from top)

You then sum up the decimals and do some divisions to get your rated price & percentages.

Why don't they have to pay tax? Surely this is a business.

[ This Message was edited by: thekey on 2002-08-20 23:12 ]