Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th July 2004, 07:09 PM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

Nice to be here.

Well I'm no expert but I do enjoy a punt. I enjoy success with some sports more than others.

Motor sports are ok, a small profit of 4% for calendar year number 2004 plus a couple of near misses at long odds. It's worth noting perhaps that my F1 success is far better than MotoGP or the V8's. I study F1 more and find it easier to spot early trends.

Rugby union is another favourite sport of mine - alas the punting success has not been there (-18% profit*). Mainly I blame the fact that I continued backing my super12 team (Wellington Hurricanes) despite their ineptness. Really looking forward to this weekends tri-nations clash. Centrebet has Australia with -5.5 start which sounds about right so rather than tossing a coin I'll be staying away from any head to head betting. Maybe a modest bet on halftime/fulltime double with Saf/Aus would be fun - but not necessarily value.

League is somewhat embarrassing with a 42% loss. Don't worry - I'll not be posting my League tips on this forum. Interestingly however I'm coming 3rd (out of 12) in my tipping comp. That doesn't say much for the quality of my tipping comp does it.

Cricket! Now cricket I am happy with (19% profit so far). No big wins really - I've just been fairly consistant. This week I'll be having a punt on the 2nd test in England vs West Indies. I'm looking to back England if odds of $2.15 are available - well, that's what I'm thinking now but I don't think I'll get that so I'll wait till the odds are posted. Also thinking that Lara is about due, but everybody else may be thinking the same thing, so again I'll wait for the odds.

OK, well, that's me. I look forward to improving on my overall 26% loss with you all.

Cheers!

Mofo

* Yes, that is a minus symbol preceeding the number - for shame!!!.