Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th May 2008, 08:22 PM

Default French Open 2008

Hi all,

A few of you may know of me, as the provider of tennis analysis for the Smartgambler Pro-Punter members. I have been providing tennis pricing and analysis for members for over 6 years.

This French Open we have an odds on pop (Nadal) attempting to extend his unbeaten run at Roland Garros (yep, he's NEVER been beaten here). But this year we have had a tighter lead up period, as evidenced by seven players pulling out before they were due to play - this may extend as the event progresses, especially as a number of players will be playing best of 5 set matches each day (due to the rain delays in the first three days of the event). Is Nadal vulnerable? Personally I have him rated as the best bloke in the draw by miles, however I do have his rating lower than last year and his lead up form has caused a slight decrease in his rating over the last few months. Let's not forget he had quite serious foot blisters a few weeks ago and to win 7 best of five sets matches is a big ask.

Personally I do think he will win again, but maybe there is a slight chink in his armour.

The draw does say Djokovic plays Nadal in one Semi with Federer playing Ferrer, Stepanek or Davydenko (in that order) in the other.

What do other people think? Have any of you had outright bets on this event?

H2H betting I think Karlovic is a special tonight (even given the heavy wet conditions) and will be watching all other matches but not punting.

If you are interested in my analysis of every match being played at the French Open, have a look at how you can recieve the info on the page http://www.propun.com.au/free_betti...ums_tennis.html

Cheers

Tony