Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 28th August 2006, 08:52 PM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc

If, for argument's sake, the odds were 2/1 with a 36% Edge then you would expect to triple your bank in only 18 bets.

Hmm how exactly do you work this out? Backing how many winners? What if you back 1 winner, 2 winners etc.... If your trying to make a profit form horse racing and you are using mathematical formulas your wasting your time.
Old 28th August 2006, 11:03 PM

nothing like a good debate to bring out the "true colours"
Old 29th August 2006, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv2040
Hmm how exactly do you work this out? Backing how many winners? What if you back 1 winner, 2 winners etc.... If your trying to make a profit form horse racing and you are using mathematical formulas your wasting your time.

Are you kidding, punting is all about mathematicl formulas.

If the bookies didn't use them they would go broke, we use them every day to find winners, it is also the way you can understand if you can make a profit or not.

If i said to you can you make a good profit if you have a win strike of 31% with an average divi of $3.74 can you give me the answer and the profits.

A few years back a couple of punters on here came up with a risk free system to win on the punt all because of mathematics.
Old 29th August 2006, 09:38 AM

Sorry i might have been misunderstood.... i do agree that you can use mathematics to your advanyage to maximise profit and minimise your loses but to say you can "triple your money" in 18 bets buy some formula is completely false.

Of course if the bookies didnt use them they would go broke, but anyone framing a market down to 130-140% at best would be able to make a tidy profit.
Old 29th August 2006, 09:43 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypooper
nothing like a good debate to bring out the "true colours"

too true party,,let me know when it starts will ya LOL
Old 29th August 2006, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun

A few years back a couple of punters on here came up with a risk free system to win on the punt all because of mathematics.
Not possible. If you are betting on the TAB or any bookmaker i have come across. Unless you can find one with a market under 100%
Old 29th August 2006, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
Are you kidding, punting is all about mathematicl formulas.

If the bookies didn't use them they would go broke, we use them every day to find winners, it is also the way you can understand if you can make a profit or not.

Spot on Shaun!

It would have to be the best advice on this entire thread.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/05/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 29th August 2006, 02:12 PM
go4it

Having just spent the past few hours reading this entire post from go to whoa I cannot believe the levels of critisiscm,the verbal jousting,and the somewhat blatant hypocrisy from some of the more regular posters.I am only new on here but I have browsed the archives,so I know most of the regulars by their handle.No wonder Mark put himself into voluntary exile!Is this forum so dominated by regulars that anyone new that ventures an opinion that is outside the square gets shot down in flames from the word go?Without a chance to explain in detail where they are coming from?Would appear that way to me.What everyone seems to be missing with this,the guy never mentioned backing single bets @7/1,he originally stated you need to get a return of$7 for every $ invested.Maybe I'm just stupid,but as far as I can see,he has not been given any sort of a fair chance to explain how he does it.When I first joined I had intended to post a trifecta strategy that I use,but there is absolutely buckleys chance of that happening after reading this post!
Old 29th August 2006, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go4it
When I first joined I had intended to post a trifecta strategy that I use, but there is absolutely buckleys chance of that happening after reading this post!

Assuming your trifecta strategy works, and I have no reason to think otherwise, if others reading about it followed your ideas and came up with the same selections, then there would be "buckleys chance" of it continuing to work as well. The reason is obvious. The tote is going to win no matter how many people get the trifecta. So the more winning dollars on it, the smaller the dividend it pays to everyone.
Old 29th August 2006, 04:03 PM
go4it

Mr Logic.

thanks for your reply,and yes,logically speaking you are quite right.However,as my method is "outside the square" there aint' much chance of that happening.

The greater percentage of rank and file punters will take a 3 horse box or stand a hot fav as a banker with the field hoping for roughies to fill the placings.A lesser percentage will box 4 horses,and an even lesser percentage will box 5 horses.They will never win long term,or short term either.

Boxing is a shortcut to the poorhouse.

However,I am being quite rude in digressing from Easyruns original post

cheers