Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 16th March 2006, 04:44 PM

Thumbs up

What!

We have some disbelievers?

To clarify my original post, I use this purely as a culling process whereby I highlight likely candidates, particularly those at attractive odds.
eg. Sat11.3.06 - 7 selections for 1 winner, Sojustrememberthis, WON, $11.60w$3.70pl.
Darci Brahma(2nd$1.70pl)
Shania Dane(unp)
Star Mystic(3rd$4.60pl)
Lad Of The Manor(unp)
Precious Future(unp)
Miss Andretti(unp)*do not forget this mare as she has definite potential and has been running respectable races against the best. There may may be a consolation race for her to pay for expenses.
So, as you can see, by investing in my recommended ratio of 1x5 you would have shown a healthy profit.
Remember, though, that I have a flexible approach to this method and will include horses which may have not have had 10 race starts(usually one of my criteria), if I believe they have potential, e.g Reewaya(6starts).
N.B. I usually do not consider any runner which has not had at least 10 starts as I believe that this indicates the horse has had at least two preparations and has shown it can handle first-up racing. I will relax this if, as stated above, I believe this horse may be going places.

Cheers.
Old 17th March 2006, 12:20 AM

hey there xan............... dont go razzing him up i think he's allready standing on the naughty spot.........................
Old 18th March 2006, 12:28 PM

Smile

Interesting day today:
SR2 6 Palabiro
SR6 2 Radetzky March
4 Malcolm
SR7 2 Primus
3 Headturner
SR8 2 Loftily
MR7 7 Zipping
MR8 1 Serenade Rose
MR9 5 Sojustrememberthis
Others to keep an eye on are:
SR3 7 Oh Oklahama
SR8 5 Tactfully
SR9 3 Coronga
11 Spyzaim
Good luck and let's pray that the fearsome forum curse does not spoil our day. Remember, invest in the ratio of 1x5.
Please note that whilst this thread is title:"class....." I am not suggesting that horses selected are necessarily champions-rather, I am highlighting promising horses which are racing against other competitors of their own, if not inferior "class" and that is where we may secure some value bets.

Cheers.

Last edited by xanadu : 18th March 2006 at 12:34 PM.
Old 18th March 2006, 04:43 PM

SR6 2 Ratetzky March, broke through the barrier and was passed fit to run. No problem, but I saw another instance where a horse was (apparently) injured in a minor manner but allowed to run.
Surprise.....surprise....after the run, this horse was found to have suffered an injury which should have warranted it being withdrawn at the barrier.
As I have stated in another post, "when in doubt -they are out!"
......I look forward to other punters' views.

Cheers

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 19th March 2006 at 01:04 PM.
Old 18th March 2006, 07:00 PM

No excuses-a mixed day but we are looking for the long-term which will definitely prove profitable.
So, for the true believers we will definitely show a profit over the 12 monthly period, so stay with this approach.

Cheers.
Old 9th September 2006, 04:31 PM

SR7 No1 Eremein ($2.5w 1.3plNSW) finished strongly to win in an incredible photo-finish!
Make no mistake this horse may possess the appropriate class to win bigger races this Spring. It may pay to follow!

Cheers.
Old 20th September 2006, 04:32 PM

I think I witnessed a potential class runner today:
MR 6 1 Miss Mooney Mooney WON $2.0w $1.2plNSW
Maybe Lee Freedman can get the best out of this potential champion as he did with Makybe Diva!
It puts more interest into the upcoming Spring carnival.

Cheers.
Old 3rd February 2007, 03:24 PM

Smile

MR6 6 Miss Andretti
is she the runner with the most class in today's Gp1 race?
Undeniably, there are some topline runners in the Lightning but do they possess the required "touch of class" to compete and win at this level?
Many will be found wanting at the business end of today's race when the true "class" horses are thundering home.
That is why I will be on Miss Andretti.

Cheers.
3:33p.m.EST,
WON $2.5w$1.3plNSW,
What an absolutely fantastic win by an absolute superstar, ridden a masterful race by a jockey at the top of his game!
This mare may be going overseas in the near future so the "world may be her oyster!"
Good luck to all connections!

Last edited by xanadu : 3rd February 2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 3rd February 2007, 03:58 PM
Suspended.

Yep, a great run by MA in a record 53.9 sec. and sure, sticking with top class will find a lot of winners [but often not a lot of profit], but I'm happy to pocket the place money I made [3.60p] backing Ticklish 1x4 ew instead of the starvation win payout on MA.

Problem with class is it stands out like a sore thumb [everyones on it] but it often gets beaten because most Aust. races are handicaps and weight is a great equalizer. I'll always be looking at what can beat the class horse in any race and there were a few, obviously the class horses beaten in earlier races at MV today.

It's easy to cherry-pick memory for class horses that have won [usually at poor odds], but a heap of em' don't win either [usually when your moneys on them] for all sorts of reasons because that's racing I guess.

To me, "The Defining Factor In The Selection Process?", will always be 'bet value', not class.

Last edited by crash : 3rd February 2007 at 04:11 PM.
Old 3rd February 2007, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
To me, "The Defining Factor In The Selection Process?", will always be 'bet value', not class.

Spot on
*RaceCensus now updated to 30/04/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg