Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 30th August 2006, 06:48 AM
go4it

No wonder the Big Easy Run has done just that,run like Hell!!What started out(and was mentioned by many)as a very interesting thread has degenerated into a slanging match.Just as an aside,anyone interested in the mathematical side should read Commonsense Punting by Rodger Dedman and Mathematically Speaking by Malcom Knowles.I personally use a mathematical formula to work out approx. divs for my trifectas,NOT as a selection method,and yes,I am one of "those idiots"that has to use a calculator.
Old 30th August 2006, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
Chrome,
You have the art of mis-direction down to a fine art [I said: 'any idiot can use a calculator' which you have mis-directed to mean: 'any idiot can pick winners' etc. etc.

Only you could interpret [imply] from my post that what I referred to as 'punting' in the context of my post, meant anything else than making a profit and then move smoothly into reverse gear back to maintaining punting is all about mathematical formula: 'The whole gambling industry revolves around maths as Shaun said, that's how bookies and Betfair "traders" make their profit'.

The whole universe revolves around maths, but as with many pastimes, maths won't make you a good living from it. See how good a golfer, chess player, surfboard rider or lawn bowls player [or 'successful' punter] you can become with your mathematical formulas chrome :-))

PS: I ain't never seen you shine here picking winners mate, but you sure talk about it a lot [of hot air?] :-),

crash,

It wasn't misdirected at all, I was answering your generalization with the same mindset.
You don't need to use maths to be a good golfer, chess player, surfboard rider, lawn bowls player, nor handicapper.

You do need it to make a profit from that handicapping.

As for your wind up with the smiley face - I ain't biting.

You obviously never saw the $18,000 thread that disappeared.

The best stuff I keep to myself, the stuff in progress or trialled, I put here or in competitions as a live test.

Have you even bothered to look at the numerous threads I let disappear into the abyss because they are in huge profit?
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/05/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 30th August 2006, 03:34 PM
Suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
crash,

It wasn't misdirected at all, I was answering your generalization with the same mindset.
You don't need to use maths to be a good golfer, chess player, surfboard rider, lawn bowls player, nor handicapper.

You do need it to make a profit from that handicapping.

As for your wind up with the smiley face - I ain't biting.

You obviously never saw the $18,000 thread that disappeared.

The best stuff I keep to myself, the stuff in progress or trialled, I put here or in competitions as a live test.

Have you even bothered to look at the numerous threads I let disappear into the abyss because they are in huge profit?

Come off it chrome, don't tell me you whack up 18k profit systems here and they disappear ? The only things that disappear here are duds.

Smiley face ? OK lets have a little comp., my handicapping against your mathematical formulas. How can you lose when you keep insisting handicapping without mathematical formulas can't make a profit?

Come on mate, lets have a bit of fun and you get the big chance to show me up and demonstrate in the real world how good mathematical formulas are at making a profit on the punt :-),
Old 30th August 2006, 05:45 PM

Thumbs up

Why is it that threads on open forums generally decline into slanging matches?

Now where are those piegeons?, 'cos here comes a big fat cat.......

Turnover for Tuesday/Wednesday.........$13178
Profit.........$415

Risk......(wait for it....) nil.
Bank $800

All using maths, no form, no handicapping, no risk.

Having said that, I believe that maths is not the only way to go, but it is my weapon of choice.

Last edited by Mark : 30th August 2006 at 05:48 PM.
Old 30th August 2006, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
Come off it chrome, don't tell me you whack up 18k profit systems here and they disappear ? The only things that disappear here are duds.

Smiley face ? OK lets have a little comp., my handicapping against your mathematical formulas. How can you lose when you keep insisting handicapping without mathematical formulas can't make a profit?

Come on mate, lets have a bit of fun and you get the big chance to show me up and demonstrate in the real world how good mathematical formulas are at making a profit on the punt :-),

Crash, the thread was actually pulled after I posted my bets and profit because someone complained.

How long do you want to run the comp for?

I'm not interested in running a short comp where the guy (you or me) who flukes a few longies wins. I'd rather have one where the winner has showed a longterm profit.

You also have me quite wrong crash. You have misinterpreted what I was getting at. Maths is part of it - a huge part. I never suggested that maths alone nor handicapping alone would make a profit. What I did suggest is that both are needed.

Not no maths required nor no handicapping required.

I understand that you have no time for systems, just old fashioned handicapping, but you fail to grasp that somewhere within every one of my "mathematical systems" (and I use the term loosely) lies sound handicapping principles.

Some would say that using speed maps or backmarkers versus on pacers dependant upon barrier draw is not traditional handicapping, that either time or class handicapping is the be all and end all.

There does not have to be one or the other, what I'm saying is that neither is good enough without consideration of the other.

I'm talking win betting not laying or fielding or anything else, just straight out traditional punting.

Or would you still bet on the backmarker @ 20/1 if it were Even money and no value????

Oh, by the way, hve a look at the thread I updated a few months ago after posting it a few years ago where I said "Is nobody using this system, it's killing them".
There are numerous other threads I let sink because they win, sure there are some that don't, but the vast majority are in very big profit.

At least I consistently post tips here, win lose or draw.

I seem to remember you posting some tips, but stopped.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/05/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg

Last edited by Chrome Prince : 30th August 2006 at 06:30 PM.
Old 30th August 2006, 07:57 PM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
Why is it that threads on open forums generally decline into slanging matches?

Now where are those piegeons?, 'cos here comes a big fat cat.......

Profit.........$415

Risk......(wait for it....) nil.
Bank $800

All using maths, no form, no handicapping, no risk.

Can i have some of what you are on sir? No risk.... please why post such nonsense?
Old 30th August 2006, 08:10 PM

mv2040,

Profit.........$415

This is very possible.

I suspect I know how he is doing it and it has definitely sparked my interest ....

Good Luck...
Old 30th August 2006, 08:19 PM

Mark....don't bite at that....remember the last time you posted your thoughts.
Old 30th August 2006, 09:23 PM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

Yes those numbers certainly are possible but "no risk"? I think not.
Old 30th August 2006, 09:41 PM

Wink

Here we go again lads.
"I can't do it therefore no-one can"

Guess what MV, NO RISK. At no time was there ever any risk. If there was, I wouldn't do it.