Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 6th November 2006, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazz
G'day e'one,

Just thought i'd share... spoke with mums friend today (a clairvoyant)
Ive always valued her opinion as she has an amazing history of success
In the cups over the years, i could talk about it all day.

Anyway she has said that a Grey horse will definately win this years cup.

Looks like Geordieland & Efficient are the only ones that come under Grey.....

They will do me.

Good luck Everyone

Dazz, There is good news and bad news....
If you have already bet it's bad news....Geordieland is a grey but Efficient is a bay isn't it ?
You show a lot of confidence posting this so I believe you when you say she has amazing success in the past, and this has certainly thrown a spanner in my tri's as I have Geordieland as a placing and Efficient tired mid field, poor thing.
Old 6th November 2006, 07:24 PM

Default Go the greys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazz
G'day e'one,

Just thought i'd share... spoke with mums friend today (a clairvoyant)
Ive always valued her opinion as she has an amazing history of success
In the cups over the years, i could talk about it all day.

Anyway she has said that a Grey horse will definately win this years cup.

Looks like Geordieland & Efficient are the only ones that come under Grey.....

They will do me.

Good luck Everyone

G'day Dazz! That clairvoyant is most likely my aunty small world
Old 6th November 2006, 07:33 PM

Well after much deliberation over this race I have come up with this and all I can say is good luck from what I can see Yeats has some major question marks but alot of very good judges are talking it up so who really knows.

1. Maybe Better: I have heard everyone say he maynot settle my only worry is from the inside gate he might get squeezed up early which could fire him up if he can avoid early trouble he will go very close to taking this race out he has been hitting the line with authority and is in exceptional form with one of the best trainers going around in charge, My only worry is Munce I know he is a great jockey but he hasn't ridden this bloke before hopefully he and Steve Arnold can have a good talk about the horse just to sort out his quirks.

2. Geordieland: I really like Jamie Osbourne he is a very good trainer in England and with what he has said about this horse it is impossible to leave him out his form reads solidly just a matter of whether or not Dettori can bring some of his Breeders Cup riding form here for a change.

3. Glistening: This horse is massive overs he beat Geordieland home in the Ebor Englands main handicap staying race and although he does meat Geordieland slightly worse at the weights from that race this was the horse hitting the line the hardest of anything in the race. Seamer doesn't hurt it's chances maybe he can find some of his old form here and cause I boilover.

4. Mandela: I was on him at Geelong when he won the cup and although it was supposed to have been a leaders track they did run along a bit in the race and he really let down nice on the turn, I wsn't aware that Craig Williams was actually staying with him for the Cup but it can only be a bonus for him his breeding says he should handle the trip and the 2nd to Xcellent in the NZ Derby reads well to if he can take the next step he will be very hard to run down here.

5. Tawqeet: Noone can knock this horses lead up form he settles so well and has a nice turn of foot for a stayer the question here is whether the handicapper may have caught upto him, I know Hayes has said all along this was his target but he has copped 2.5kgs worth of penaltys for this race and only very good horses over come that time will tell i guess, I won't be backing him but i would be leaving him out of my trifecta.

6. On A Jeune: Not a horse I have ever been a fan of but if he reproduces last years run he wins this another I won't be backing but will have in my trifecta.

I am taking on Pop Rock and Delta Blues one because of the Jockey and the other because of the way it hung in the Caulfield Cup which cost it the race and now it goes to a journey it has never been over I'll take my chances there, I don't like any of Lloyd Williams horses bu if someone held a gun to my head and made me pick one of them it would be Efficient I think he has more chance of getting the trip than the other 2, Activation had every chance in the Caulfield Cup in fact i am shocked at the flack Rodd copped for the ride the horse simply wasn't good enough it actually hit the lead if you look at the over head shot and got passed by 3 horses again 1 which had been 3 and 4 wide the trip he has no chance of running 2 miles IMO.

There were a couple of others I wouldn't mind including but you can't have them all they were Art Success, Short Pause (his english form reads well for such a big price), Kerry O'Reilly, Dolphin Jo.

Good Luck everyone I think we will all need it (I am having something on my top 4 Selections)
Old 6th November 2006, 07:35 PM

Efficient is definitely a Grey probably the 1st I have heard of by Zabeel
Old 6th November 2006, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntersteve
G'day Dazz! That clairvoyant is most likely my aunty small world

My mum-in-law is a clairvoyant, I wonder!?
Old 6th November 2006, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watsonnek
My mum-in-law is a clairvoyant, I wonder!?

First name's not Joyce by chance?
Old 6th November 2006, 09:22 PM

From Racenet:

High drama for favourite on Cup eve
The Melbourne Cup favourite Tawqeet has pulled a plate on the eve of the $5 million G1 Emirates Melbourne Cup.
Hayes confirmed the horse pulled his near fore plate on the way to the pool where he was to swim this afternoon but he is confident it wont stop the Caulfield Cup winner’s charge into tomorrow’s great race.
”He sprung a shoe and actually pulled a bit of skin away from the hoof wall which is common,” Hayes said.
”It is something you would rather not happen the day before a race.
”They pull shoes of every day, it is not a huge thing.
”If it wasn’t the Melbourne Cup favourite you wouldn’t know about it.”
Hayes has elected not to replate Tawqeet until tomorrow morning to ensure he gives the horse its best chance to face the starter tomorrow.
”For precaution we put a decron boot on it,” He said.
”He will be replated in the morning as I can’t afford him to pull another shoe off as there may not be enough hoof wall to put a plate back on."
Racing Victoria Chief Steward Des Gleeson was informed of the problem by Hayes and the horse will be inspected prior to the race.
”Our Chief Vet, Dr John McCaffrey will inspect the horse before 8am tomorrow morning,” Gleeson said.
Old 6th November 2006, 09:24 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntersteve
First name's not Joyce by chance?

Nope!
Old 6th November 2006, 10:02 PM

Delta Blues - Mandela - Maybe Better for me.
Old 6th November 2006, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggo
What do you blokes think about Dolphin Jo?

When it won at Flemington, what distance was it over? Where can I obtain this information from?

Cheers

There are many others with a better chance diggo, imo