Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 30th August 2006, 10:12 PM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark

Guess what MV, NO RISK. At no time was there ever any risk. If there was, I wouldn't do it.
Mark, unless you are backing every single horse in the race to a book less than 100% there is a risk. Or even if you are trading on betfair there still is risk, all be it minimum, but risk never the less.

If there was NO risk why wouldnt you sell your house and all of your assets and triple or quadruple your daily profits?
Old 30th August 2006, 10:38 PM

Because those that take the bets wouldn't let this happen.

or there may be not enought liquidy to support this, i always say be happy with a little over a long time instead of trying to get a lot over a little time.

This is the number one reason most punters fail, the greed factor.
Old 30th August 2006, 11:03 PM

Who is Theeasyrun? What secrets have we really learned from Theeasyrun? But look at all the posts and hits this thread has got. About 150 posts already!!!
Old 31st August 2006, 03:24 AM
Suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince

I seem to remember you posting some tips, but stopped.

A bit more mis -direction there chrome [implying because they were losing]?
You know very well why I stopped my thread 'off crash's cuff' and so does everyone else. And by the way, if you check the closing figures the POT was just over 20% [flat stakes] for a lot of 'real' bets posted in advance.

Yes, some maths were involved in the selection process but mostly good old fashioned handicapping but with a modern high tec. flavour, that the Internet age has made possible.

Anyway, this thread has been great fun [a soap opera?]. All of my posts generally and to anyone in particular have been tongue in cheek [and gee em up] comments. The thread has been a breath of fresh air for this punter at least.

I doubt we will hear more from our mysterious thread starter or his punting secrets. Fact is, in the end profitable punting involves a lot of subjective judgment at some point in the process, because for every known fact you can put a definite value on, there are 10 more you can't and that's were this game becomes an art, not a science.

If our mysterious punter had finished this thread with his part II or even part III, there would be a lot of disappointment here anyway. Nobody can put down in print [or formula] in a punting thread that second and most important part of punting ...the art of it.

Cheers.
Old 31st August 2006, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv2040
Mark, unless you are backing every single horse in the race to a book less than 100% there is a risk. Or even if you are trading on betfair there still is risk, all be it minimum, but risk never the less.

If there was NO risk why wouldnt you sell your house and all of your assets and triple or quadruple your daily profits?

It was not my intention to hijack this thread so this will be may last word on the matter.

MV, show me where I said anything about backing or trading.
As for doubling or quadrupling, you can only take what's available. Your statement shows a distinct lack of knowledge as to what I'm doing.

Cheers, and keep that mind closed.
Old 31st August 2006, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
It was not my intention to hijack this thread so this will be may last word on the matter.

MV, show me where I said anything about backing or trading.
As for doubling or quadrupling, you can only take what's available. Your statement shows a distinct lack of knowledge as to what I'm doing.

Cheers, and keep that mind closed.

You're not prepared to disclose what you're doing.

So how are you entitled to chastise those incapable of mindreading?

For the record Mark is arbitraging. Like many others. I'd consider that trading.

Of course there's no risk as all in Mark's former profession of bookmaking are scrupulously honest. You'll always be able to snare what's apparently offered. And no one would ever try to throw a curly by welching on a sealed deal and not paying up.
Old 31st August 2006, 08:27 AM

Wink

Another knocker...........also wrong. No trading involved.

I'll stick to my exile, just not worth battling the losers.

Hey Shaun, had to give away backing the lot, got banned by the English bookies. Opened several accounts under different names but it became too cumbersome. LAYING on Betfair is much easier.
Old 31st August 2006, 09:26 AM

Mark,

I don't believe people here are "knocking" you as such.

Over time many people making all sorts of claims regarding profit making methods come and go. For this reason most regulars have become sceptics.

I would be great if someone like yourself, who has made a claim, would back it up with some evidence.

Possibly explaining what you are doing without giving away all the secrets, will appease the sceptics.

Brad
Old 31st August 2006, 10:45 AM
Suspended.

This is cyber space.

Anyone is free to make any claim they like. The only evidence of successful punting I believe is what I see in this forum printed before a race. Not how convincing a a post sounds. Results that can be added up as loss or profit by anyone. Everything else is hot air or at best hearsay and perhaps a few desperate ego's looking for social strokes as far am I and probably many other forum readers here are concerned.

A lot of posters knock this thread for being boring and full of tipsters, but at least, regardless of whether they are winning or losing, the tipsters have the courage and interest to 'put up'.

As for the rest of the claims we hear in this cyberspace ....anyone can claim anything they like about how big or successful a punter they are, but it's only here in the 'locker room' exposed to all and sundry, real measurements can be taken if needed to verify claims made :-)

Last edited by crash : 31st August 2006 at 10:51 AM.
Old 31st August 2006, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
A bit more mis -direction there chrome [implying because they were losing]?
You know very well why I stopped my thread 'off crash's cuff' and so does everyone else. And by the way, if you check the closing figures the POT was just over 20% [flat stakes] for a lot of 'real' bets posted in advance.

crash, you know I reckon if we met we'd get on famously because we are both passionate about the punt, just come from different angles.

I was not implying they were losing. I was implying it's rare that you actually post tips.

Sometimes when one comment rubs a person the wrong way, everything written after that is taken in the same vain.

It was not intended that way.
*RaceCensus now updated to 30/06/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg

Last edited by Chrome Prince : 31st August 2006 at 11:40 AM.