Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 24th March 2004, 05:58 PM
Banned

sportznut did you record those figures yourself?

does anyone know of a website that records the line for aussie footy codes?
Old 24th March 2004, 07:14 PM
Member.

Yes, I did record them myself, but with TAB Sportsbet, you can actually check out the starts in past matches in their results section. It takes a lot of 'clicking' to go through them all though.

http://www.tab.com.au/sportsbet/index.asp

No, I don't know if any other Australian bookies do that.
Old 24th March 2004, 07:23 PM
Banned

thanks for the site, might give some good angles to play. Wish it went back further than 2003 though.
Old 24th March 2004, 07:33 PM
Member.

This site gives exactly the same results and it goes back to 2002.

http://www.tabonline.com.au/default.stm

Simply click on 'Sports', then click on 'Sportsbet' and you'll see a 'Results and Search' section. It's easier to use than the other site, but unfortunately, it's a bit unreliable. A few of the results may be missing.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-03-24 20:07 ]
Old 24th March 2004, 08:11 PM
Member.

Mr. J,

If you don't mind me asking, are you American? You use a fair bit of American betting lingo. Anyway, you seem to be doing well with the Rugby Union. Do you want any advice on betting on Rugby League or Aussie Rules as well???

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-03-24 20:16 ]
Old 24th March 2004, 08:17 PM
Banned

Something is definately wrong with the first site. The dates and results don't match up at all.

E.g. in week 3 (march 8, 2003), NSW beat the sharks 49-36. The spread listed was NSW -18.5, listed as a winner yet the margin was only 13?

The 2nd website seems have the right dates although it doesn't list all of the spreads, still much better though.
Old 24th March 2004, 08:20 PM
Banned

Na I'm just as aussie as anyone here, I just have alot more experience betting american sports.

Would be interesting in betting league, longer season more games and props. Do you think league is much harder to beat than union? Haven't really watched much league since I started getting into union (bout 8 years ago). I guess super league sort of killed it for me.
Old 24th March 2004, 08:49 PM
Member.

Yes, I've had another look and I'd say DEFINITELY use the 2nd site. The other one only seems to give results for the previous 365 days, so that's no good. By the way, I think you may have typed in the wrong dates when you used it, because you were actually looking at this year's Super12 results. That Waratahs/Sharks game with the 18.5 start was this year's game, not last year's. No wonder you were confused!

By the way, you said that sometimes the 2nd site didn't list the 'spreads' on some matches. In most cases, that's because TAB Sportsbet didn't have any 'line' betting on those games. In the results, such games are listed as 'pts' or 'N/A'.

TAB Sportsbet put their line betting for AFL, NRL and S12 out on Wednesday afternoons. If you're interested, this week's S12 games are:
Hurricanes (+6.5) VS Blues (-6.5)
Chiefs (+4.5) VS Waratahs (-4.5)
Crusaders (-10.5) VS Highlanders (+10.5)
Stormers (+3.5) VS Bulls (-3.5)
Brumbies (-10.5) VS Reds (+10.5)
What are your thoughts on those?

You could certainly bet on League, but you seem to be doing okay on Union, so perhaps you could stick to that for now. Yes, I do think Super12 is possibly a bit easier because of the home ground advantages. I guess my line betting system seems to work best on Super12 for that very reason.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-03-26 14:02 ]
Old 25th March 2004, 12:05 PM

The Chiefs game might be a good bet...Rogers is out for the Warratahs and it might be a good home game for the Chiefs, who are playing strong, but very safe rugby. Warratahs needed Rogers confident attacking approach to unlock the Chiefs defence...
Old 25th March 2004, 01:42 PM
Member.

Well, I hope you're right, because that's actually a bet for my line betting system this week.