Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 3rd January 2008, 09:15 PM

Thumbs up

I was just reading something about this today in a mag.

Something along the lines of breeders creating 'Rig's' on purpose and can get fined or jailed for it.

I guess if you think about the biology of it, if a Horse is marked as G then it should have no nuts and therefore lower hormone levels yes?

And if a breeder can turn a horse into a G but still have one nut then it will have higher hormone levels and should run faster yes?

The article was on 'Racing and Sports if you wanted to look it up.

Food for thought none the less.

Now. Back to questions as I am still keen to buy this database.

Can I.... choose all default values for the query and dump the whole or close to whole database straight into excel and then create my own set of queries?
I know this sounds odd but if I can do this then I can not only use an already created database but I can extend it further into the area that I play with which would be perfect.

The only thing really stopping me from doing it all myself is I just don't have access or the contacts to get the raw data.

and if the database can do most generic system type queries then cool, but if I can dump everything and goto excel or access to do or re-do everything myself then I would have a big smile on my face !
Old 3rd January 2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
It's actually a botched Gelding job sometimes attributed to one teste not descending properly and being left behind. It descends later and the horse is a Rig.

I may be mistaken here, but I think they are sometimes called, funnily enough, a "horse".
Old 3rd January 2008, 09:43 PM

Wink

nikg, I was under the impression that removing the horses aggots kept his mind from wandering and focussed him more on his races and therefore got him running a bit quicker than he use to? I may be wrong though, I usually am.
Old 3rd January 2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR RON
nikg, I was under the impression that removing the horses aggots kept his mind from wandering and focussed him more on his races and therefore got him running a bit quicker than he use to? I may be wrong though, I usually am.

I don't know, I am far from experienced in the field of horses. Mabey it's having the best of both worlds?

1 nut less to think about the girls, but 1 nut enough to generate enough hormone to get a leg over your competitor?

Ya got me... WHy else would one be fined apart from some kind of advantage through?

I just went looking for the article and couldn't find it the site has changed since this morning..it was down the right side of the racing section, I was bored waiting for my daily picks to come up and it's along time between drinks lately.
Old 3rd January 2008, 09:51 PM

It's all "rigged".
Old 3rd January 2008, 10:26 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz
It's all "rigged".

There is more truth to that than most people would know.

I grew up around race horses and have friends that are jockey's and trainer's and such.

That stuff goes on sooo much... in fact I think it's what keaps the industry going LOL
Old 3rd January 2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikg
Can I.... choose all default values for the query and dump the whole or close to whole database straight into excel and then create my own set of queries?
I know this sounds odd but if I can do this then I can not only use an already created database but I can extend it further into the area that I play with which would be perfect.

The only thing really stopping me from doing it all myself is I just don't have access or the contacts to get the raw data.

and if the database can do most generic system type queries then cool, but if I can dump everything and goto excel or access to do or re-do everything myself then I would have a big smile on my face !

You can either do most of your queries within the database or there is the option to dump the whole lot to excel for your own personal filtering needs.

Often I run a basic query and dump the results into excel in order to do calculations through excel.

One small point, you cannot dump the whole lot into anything other than Excel 2007, you will have to break it up into lots of two or three years, if dumping everything, as previous versions of Excel have a row limit of 65,536 rows.

You could of course dump the whole lot into Access.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/05/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 3rd January 2008, 11:34 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
You can either do most of your queries within the database or there is the option to dump the whole lot to excel for your own personal filtering needs.

Often I run a basic query and dump the results into excel in order to do calculations through excel.

One small point, you cannot dump the whole lot into anything other than Excel 2007, you will have to break it up into lots of two or three years, if dumping everything, as previous versions of Excel have a row limit of 65,536 rows.

You could of course dump the whole lot into Access.

Ok... after purchase do I have the option to download or CD only due to size?

Looks like we have a sale
Old 4th January 2008, 12:01 AM

Nick,

It is posted to you via CD as there is an installation file, free systems and a learning tutorial to get you familiar with performing searches.

I am also available to assist you with learning exporting data correctly.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/05/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg