Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 27th November 2005, 05:26 PM
Banned

"Hope you took the terrific odds about the Welsh. The 13.5 start was incredible!!!"

13.5 is pretty ridiculous.

"Just a "slump"??? They're an embarassment!!! Jones and Gregan should have been given the boot two years ago. Why are they still there?"

No, just the forwards. Despite having a terrible tight 5 and really poor gameplans, we've actually been getting decent results. Gregan is fine, people should get off his back. He does alot more than people give him credit for. Not sure if we can even blame Jones. We should just be blaming some of the forwards for their terrible line outs and scrummaging. Embaressing?? Try disgusting...
Old 27th November 2005, 08:07 PM
Banned

aussies are still 1.43 to win... too short still IMO !!!!

no matter how bad windies attack is.. wouldnt want to chase 275+ last day anywhere... not at 1.43 anyway
Old 28th November 2005, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discipline pays
Can anyone explain why ponting is so reluctant to bowl Macgill ? Does anyone think it is due to a loyalty to Warne ?

Well, I have to say that today it's been quite ridiculous.

Warne's bowled very well this morning picking up 5 wickets. But it would have been pretty disappointing if he couldn't manage to get 5 wickets seeing as he's bowled unchanged for the whole session on a spinning pitch while the other spinner in the team didn't even get one over.

Last edited by Sportz : 28th November 2005 at 02:02 PM.
Old 28th November 2005, 02:12 PM
Banned

ridiculous on two fronts.... bowling warne unchanged and not bowling macgill .... and how about the umpiring this series ? it only seemed like yesterday that everyone was complaining about what a rough deal australia got in ashes.... well what about this series ? talk about kicking a team when they are down !! windies have been smashed by umpires ... the australians intimidate the umpires
and complain when they dont get it all their own way . IMO that is a bit disappointing
Old 28th November 2005, 02:25 PM

I don't think you can blame the Australians. If the umpires aren't competent enough to make each decision on it's merits, then it's not the Australians' fault. I didn't like the way Lee ran down the pitch celebrating before the umpire even put his finger up. That's not right, but it's still up to the umpire to not get influenced by the players.

Still no MacGill. I can't believe it.
Old 28th November 2005, 03:23 PM
Banned

I dont BLAME the aussies, just dont like it either ! Am looking forward to the proteas coming out, might be a better test.

a bit of a false sense of security after being outplayed in england ..... and still having major problems in middle order
Old 28th November 2005, 03:44 PM

Did you bet on this game, dp?
Old 29th November 2005, 02:55 AM
Banned

Yeah sure did... layed aussies $500 @ 1.26 and backed them $500 @1.45

so its not sour grapes sportz!! i have a tidy profit !!! love backing cricket. will try to lay aussies if they are short price in NZ ... the black caps always are competitive against us and without mcgrath and warne in attack aussies could be vulnerable
Old 29th November 2005, 07:15 AM

Well, I don't really know much about this 'laying' stuff and I certainly don't outlay as much as you!!!

You probably know by now my normal caper is to back the opposition pre match if I think they have any chance at all of an upset and then back the Aussies later on when they hopefully get out in the betting (as they usually do at some stage). I was so disappointed with the West Indies 1st test performance, that I just couldn't bring myself to back them at any price in the 2nd test. I just backed the Australians. But I did notice signs in that 2nd test (thanks mainly to Bravo) that they would be more competitive here.

I didn't back the Windies before the start of play as I was busy with other stuff, but I did get on them at $9 later on. Then I backed Australia when they suffered that collapse on Sunday afternoon. So I've got $20 on West Indies @ $9.00 and $100 on Australia @ $1.65

The umpiring's been very disappointing. You can't tell me that if there were two Australian umpires out there, they would have made all those mistakes in Australia's favour.

Last edited by Sportz : 29th November 2005 at 07:24 AM.
Old 30th November 2005, 08:24 PM
Banned

I didnt actually outlay any of my $$$ . " laying " involves being the bookie ... so i gave someone $500 @ 1.26 then later on used their $$$ to back aussies at a better price so no risk at all i just stood to get .19 of $500 = $95