Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 14th February 2003, 10:28 PM

Looks a nice card for a bet tomorrow here are some early thoughts.R1 tango man ,fore stay R2 Pretty smik and ruby class r3 early express r5 eastern standard good luck to all.
Old 14th February 2003, 10:42 PM
nocanfind

Can anyone tell me if there is a result service online that has extended details, like individual margins, times each ran for tab and some non tab meets???
Old 15th February 2003, 07:44 AM

Welcome to the forum nocanfind, for WA results check this link out:

http://www.waturf.org.au/scripts/ws...rf/findinfo.hts

Old 15th February 2003, 07:53 AM

Courtesy The West Australian website:

Star Perth galloper Old Comrade, who brilliantly won last year's $1.25 million Australian Cup (2000m) at Flemington, has another leg injury and his career looks in jeopardy.

Part-owner Bob Peters said yesterday the gelding, a winner of the Railway Stakes and two Fruit 'N' Veg Stakes at Ascot, damaged a tendon while being prepared for a comeback bid.

Old Comrade has not raced since injuring a tendon when trainer Lindsey Smith took him to Sydney's rich autumn carnival 11 months ago. The five-year-old, a $1.7 million stakes earner in 22 starts for Peters and his wife Sandra, was handled patiently on the comeback trail.

"We were restricting him to slow training and ensuring he worked only on good tracks," Bob Peters said. "But he's gone amiss again.

"After treatment, Old Comrade will have a year's rest. Then veterinarians will assess if he can return to training. At this stage, it seems unlikely he will race again.

Old 15th February 2003, 09:14 AM

We all remember the scenes at the Royal Perth Yacht Club in 1983 after Australia II’s America’s Cup win. Today is the first race of this year’s Final between Switzerland’s Allinghi and Team New Zealand in NZ, some absorbing racing ahead.

Some big fields today should make for some genuine tempo races.

R1 – Open race. Will Super Moss go forward from the wide gate? I’ll back 3 if odds allow, toppie Tango Man, Super Moss and Killadeas. Fore Stay will get a good run and hopefully will be fav. so we can back the others.

R3 – Early Express should ping straight to the lead and lead throughout, Harvey rates them so well in front. Won a Barrier Trial recently. Odds will be too short for a win bet for me so multiples might be the way. Bit of a Ride and Pure Penny for roughie place chances. Unbeaten Mercury’s Halo a good show and handicapper hasn’t missed him either but I’ll risk him.

R5 – Good Welter. Miss Torpago races best in the lead but don’t think Eastern Standard will let her cross so I’ll rule the lass out. 4 Eastern Standard is clear top pick but again odds the problem. I’ll throw in 3 & 7 &1 for place chances.

R6 – Will Vindaloo keep out Kingston Blaze for the lead? Early splits suggest not. Twin Power and Crown Chief up there as well. I’ll back Edition(2kg pull over Vindaloo) and Blinded(best runner-on last start against Comeback Kid). Instantaneous(get a good run back in the field) was given 57kg for R8 and didn’t accept. I’ll risk it here. For those who like Kingston Blaze it can definitely win again, it just may be under the odds.

Top day to all.
Old 15th February 2003, 12:24 PM

For those of you with an OZBET account, suggest that Paul Harvey is way under the odds ($1.60 currenty) in today's Western Australian Jockey Challenge.

Great value to be had for a number of other jockeys listed & would also suggest a saver on a non listed jockey winning at currents odds of $11.

Sandgroper :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: Sandgroper on 2003-02-15 12:25 ]
Old 15th February 2003, 03:23 PM

Lookin through your overview red, seems you missed a few that I like, so let’s confuse everybody :grin:

R1 – I like Magic Dash - top run last start. The horse that beat in on that occasion looks a danger again – Dela Ventosa. Would not be surprised to see Thundelera run a better race at odds.

R3 – I Like Precious Lady, think she has a good chance. Agree both Early Express and Mercury Halo hard to beat. My roughie is Zebedee Springs.

R5 – Expect Eastern Standard to take the sit on Miss Torpago who will feeling the pinch over the last bit. Not as confident as you red, Son Of Vasac has a touch of class, Voltega did beat Eastern Standard last start, although has gone up 1.5kg and Paradiddle has been disappointing lately, and could surprise.

R6 – Agree red, Edition will be awfully hard to beat. Instantaneous was very impressive last start according to a Sandgroper post I read recently. Vindaloo is going great guns – 3 in a row so far. Also She’s A Rose a good chance. A real roughie, with no recent form of note who could surprise is Hello Stranger.

Old 16th February 2003, 02:53 AM

Bit of a review and betting flucs from yesterday’s Ascot races.
Yes Paddy, the more diverse opinion we can dish out the more we’ll know about each race.
R1 – Good win again to Fore Stay, fast finish with the 56kg. Super Moss 3 wide t/o, big improvement from Party Boy gave Bairstow 1st and 3rd. Tango Man not wanted (6/4 9/4).
R2 – Air Pocket (5 9/2) was incredible odds, but often post-race we’re champion tipsters. Odds were helped by the potential improvement in Pretty Smik (15/8 13/8) and support for a couple of 1st starters.
R3 – For those who took the 5/4 it was a case of Early Exit not Express when he couldn’t cross and lead. Winner unbeaten after 4 runs.
R5 – Face Your Fears was a good young horse, hadn’t shown much in the last year or so. Swoopers were suited in this after the pace set by Eastern Standard & Miss Torpago. Son of Vasac(good 2nd) was very firm in the betting 5/2 2 9/4 2.
R6 – Double for Hughes when he settled Blinded worse than midfield then sprinted at the right time, but the odds(2 7/4 2) were short. Of the on-pacers Vindaloo(7 6) just dropped Kingston Blaze on straightening. That was a booming run from Instantaneous, is reliant on pace though.
R8 – Western Tycoon – punters’ nightmare. Been fav. at 7 of it’s 9 starts and saluted only once. Today they snapped up the shorts (7/4 6/4 5/4) at it’s first 1400m run. The thing is that he was wide and some may blackbook it (again).
Have a great week.
Old 16th February 2003, 07:07 AM

Thought the runs of both Precious Lady and Instantaneous top rate yesterday Paddy.

Mt Barker today - Sunday 16th Feb.

R1: Triple Shot only up 1kg for strong win this class & course last start. Don's Record although up in class looks promising. Devil's Speed ready to improve.

R2: Joshua's Star not beaten far in a class 4 at Bunbury last start, suited here. Gun Barrel Blue sound run in class 1 at Pinjarra last start, goes well here. Expect improvement from Ron Bon Jungle.

R4: Corporate Diamond strong win at Albany last start. Little Bill has been thereabouts recently. Chicago's Fire should be ready now following three runs back from a spell.

R5: Should be pace on with inclusion of Sulo Warrior, Warning Tune & Toy Salute.

Expecting further improvement from Sir Donald. Warning Tune hard to run down. Satin Special great win last start. Royal Omen for 4th.

R6: Retlaw suited, Flame Above hard to beat. Taxa winner both middle distance starts. Admiral Black unlucky last start. Jev Force also a hope.
Old 16th February 2003, 08:12 PM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

All five winners and the tri in the last. Nice one El Gordo. :smile: