Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 21st December 2004, 02:02 PM
Member.

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitz
See Moeee we should be like SPORTZNUT he has no emotional centre in his brain whatsoever and he bets accordingly. He follows the Lions but bets against them all the time.

Ahh, thanks a lot.

Yep, as I see it, one of the most important things is to take emotion out of your betting altogether.

Mr J is a prime example. Wonder where he's got to? Anyway, he doesn't really seem to know an awful lot about sport (except Rugby and a couple of american sports), but he's an incredibly successful punter just from using tips, statistics, computer models, and more importantly a great knowledge of all things to do with punting and how to get the best value.

Last edited by sportznut : 21st December 2004 at 02:06 PM.
Old 21st December 2004, 03:59 PM

betting against ur team can be ok. that way if your team loses u get some money but if u lose money at least ur team wins.
Old 21st December 2004, 04:33 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by system
geez guys winning isnt every thing and if we didnt lose what fun would there be in winning i think i get buzz from it because there is bigger chance of losing so when i win it gives you that rush,im now bored with punting all thou im making money out of it not much but it,s gotten boring i dont take the risks i used to

Okay Mr System.
You want a bit of a rush.Start up a tipping thread and risk your ******** on line.
I don't do it very often,but I get a rush when I can nominate more winners than losers on this forum.
Old 21st December 2004, 04:35 PM
Banned

Talking

All this talk is making me wanna bet! See ya, i'm off to sportstab!
Old 21st December 2004, 08:34 PM

Im in it for a profit. I only make sure value bets. I have the discipline to stop. Plus since gambling Ive watche dalot of sports i never watched before.... Its the biggets rush ever compared to anything ive ever done
Old 21st December 2004, 11:38 PM

I do it for a living. I liked punting a lot more when I was a recreational punter. These days with technology automating the whole lot it has taken the fun out of it. I put bets on and dont even watch or listen to the races, just interested in the result. I cant remember the last time I visited a TAB and filled a ticket out. When you are in the game full time it is boring but the money is good. And the best part is that my income is TAX free!

Cheers
ATC
Old 22nd December 2004, 02:06 AM

Talking didnt mean to offend moeee

sounds like fun moeee and i cant lose money and i was,nt being a smart ass your talking about a bloke here who would bet his last on a maiden at whoop whoop but not anymore except for the odd occasion.and also moeee i reckon u could tip 3 selections a week just by looking at names in field without any study.just the eye triggering s/thing in the the brain.which i think i can say weve all had b4.
assume the crown im same dont watch or listen to them only gets the emotions going which was my worst downfall.horse getting ridden badly gettin done by a nose in a photo, protests all bad.i just place bet now and move to next race and check results later.
here moee 3 tips for tomorrow and i,ll put a 4th in just incase of scratching.
and im only looking at horses names no study.
br8 no 2 moshi moshi
mr7 no6 sensational swing
ar4 no1 toys for the boys
ar6 no1 top commander

Last edited by system : 22nd December 2004 at 02:30 AM.
Old 22nd December 2004, 11:47 AM
Suspended

Default no offence taken

Just like winners to show a bit of proof that it can be done,Mr System!
So I will pick 1 of your 4 and give it a burl.
Sensational swing sounds good.
If it don't win, "I'LL BE BACK"!
Old 22nd December 2004, 02:54 PM

good point assume the clown. Tax free, no workers comp to pay,no petrol to pay,just need a computer with internet access and probaly pay tv. Not bad just $120 a month on expenses. Well its easy money but not every body can do it...i know ppl once they start running on a losing streak they start crashing and the value of money turns blank.
Old 23rd December 2004, 01:38 AM

Thats weird i reckon, value of money turns blank. I work all week to earn me $800 then sometimes i'll lose at least that much at the track on saturday and dont think anything of it. Likewise when i win i take a few gorrilas home and chuck it in me saving account on monday and dont see it again. But i still cringe at paying $6 for a JB when i'm out, i think ******** i could've made 20 with that, but what do i do with the 20. When i lose i think oh well its only money but then you wonder why you try so hard and study so much form to get more of it.