Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 19th August 2004, 01:16 PM
Banned

Blackpantha
Welcome
I reckon all those bets look good except
Brisbane -16.5 and Hawks -4.5
Dont underestimate Richmond in the battle of the giants.Also as much as most of the country is hoping for a brisbane win(except moee)I cant give St Kilda 16.5 start.This game has been billed as a cracker for months and i'm not convinced about lions even though i am a die hard supporter.So my advice leave that one out and take St George to beat newcastle in NRL with start instead
Cheers
Old 19th August 2004, 01:38 PM
Member.

Mo, I do ratings on every game, but I mainly use them as a point of comparison with the bookies. I do them early in the week before the bookies' starts come out. Then I compare my margins with what they put up, and that helps me decide if a team is a good bet or not. Two weeks ago, my ratings suggested Brisbane by 15 and my gut feeling was that West Coast could even win, so the +39.5 for the Eagles was a great bet. There's nothing that attractive this week unfortunately. I think I will probably just have small bets on the two system selections and also St Kilda (+16.5) because my gut feeling is that they're going to give Brisbane a hard time. It's a tough round this week. Most games could go either way. Melbourne and the Kangaroos should really win their games though, so I might also think about having a double or something with those two.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-08-19 19:27 ]
Old 19th August 2004, 06:04 PM
Suspended

If the Eagles are so much better than the Dockers,how come the Dockers been in the 8 for so long and the Eagles ain't?
Someone suggested that the Dockers are gunna have sore legs from running around in the mud last week.
Well all you guys who subscribe to that had better get set on the Saints and probably Adelaide and Richmond.
What say we penalize the mudrunners 6 points each?
I'll buy that.
Rabbitz.If you analyze the Derbies,I'm confident that the Home team wins most of them.Freo for me with the start to be safe.

Old 19th August 2004, 06:31 PM
Banned

KANGAROOS
BULLDOGS
KANGAROOS
BULLDOGS
?

It must be the kangaroos turn this time, bad team v's inconsistant team
Old 19th August 2004, 07:39 PM
Member.

Quote:
On 2004-08-19 18:04, moeee wrote:
If the Eagles are so much better than the Dockers,how come the Dockers been in the 8 for so long and the Eagles ain't?

As a rule, I generally don't like to bet in these local derbies, but I reckon the 15.5 points starts for Freo isn't bad. West Coast totally dominated in the early days, but Fremantle has won 3 of the last 4 clashes between these two teams.
Old 19th August 2004, 08:00 PM

Hi all again three bets here
Port
Geelong
Melbourne
Good Luck
Old 20th August 2004, 07:38 AM
Banned

sportznutz
Thankyou for your tip about freo with the start,I thought wc could win easily but youve put doubt into me mind,so i will look elsewhere,mainly because you have a knack for being right,however freo are in a big hole and eagles are soaring with injured players returning,last time freo played at subiaco,collingwood beat them,i think the wc will win easily,50-60 points but i respect your uncanny knack for being right( apart from the netball )
cheers
Old 20th August 2004, 09:21 AM
Banned

Well it's collingwood +14.5 for me.
Old 20th August 2004, 09:41 AM
Member.

Quote:
On 2004-08-20 07:38, rabbitz wrote:
i think the wc will win easily,50-60 points but i respect your uncanny knack for being right

Tongue planted firmly in cheek???

I'm not saying the West Coast CAN'T win it easily. Just that I'm surprised at the 15.5 start for Freo. After all, they are still above West Coast on the ladder (for now at least), and they've won 3 of the last 4 derbies. I won't be betting on the game though so please don't let anything that I said put you off backing the Eagles.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-08-20 09:55 ]
Old 20th August 2004, 09:55 AM
Banned

Sportz
Showers are predicted for sunday arvo in perth,so i,ll probably hold off on that one.
Ladder positions mean nothing and with west coast back to near full strength,they'll win but I am trying to have a winning weekend so caution is the catchphrase for me
Cheers
P.S.For a good laugh read Rex Hunts column in herald sun