Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 21st August 2006, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downbylaw
Im just glad to see some action here other than endless tips for a change.

I'm new here but have watched this forum for a long time and have to agree with downbylaw ,it is now basically tips and comps.
I think The EasyRun has a lot of courage for posting what he/she has and I look forward to the next chapters.
It always amazes me that all the knockers always come out of the woodwork if someone does not punt in the traditional manner ( you know the usual way which most punters do and lose ).
I don't have a clue what the next chapters are going to be but they should be interesting and should bring more out the woodwork including all the Einsteins and their maths.
I note a comment that $50K a year is impossible on a $4000 bank, my answer to that is wanna bet?
A long time ago I took note of what was said by a past member of this forum and actually correspondend with him.
Take it as you will, because it doesn't matter to me at all, but I no longer work.

All the best to all of you and I suggest you let TheEasyRun finish his/hers final chapters, you never know you just might learn something as I did, from my mentor.
Old 21st August 2006, 06:53 PM

I'm not discouraging him from posting Chika, nor am I knocking him, but you don't have to be Einstein to identify basic errors, when you've been around the block a few times.

You may have been lucky and turned your $4,000 bank into $50,000, but I'll guarantee it was not win betting, or if it was, it was pure luck, continue in that vain and you bank will defrost very quickly.

The bottom line is that nobody should be recommending trying to win $50,000 off a $4,000 bank on 7/1 or greater shots, no matter who you are or what your method is.

I'll wait and see what roses are revealed though......
*RaceCensus now updated to 30/04/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 21st August 2006, 07:05 PM

Gotta agree the 7/1 has me bamboozaled but lets see what happens in part 2 and 3.

As I said should be interesting.
Old 21st August 2006, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chika
It always amazes me that all the knockers always come out of the woodwork if someone does not punt in the traditional manner ( you know the usual way which most punters do and lose ).
I also applaud TheEasyRun for posting his(or her) thoughts. Is has been a good read. I also appreciate that sometimes the stuff that gets written on this forum can get a bit snakey. However, all that said, I don't think that replying to someone's comments in a disbelieving or disagreeing way necessarily makes you a "knocker". I was brought up thinking that everyone was entitled to their own opinions but likewise should have some way of supporting their point of view. If we all thought the same way the place would be pretty boring. Just my opinion.
Old 21st August 2006, 07:26 PM
Banned

yep i agree totally chrome it just can't be done (especially consistently). plus the $7 is ludicrous a well
Old 21st August 2006, 08:16 PM

Backpeddling Crome.....from what? and stop saying fifty to four......its fifty to six. And yes I know you cannot achieve it.

I was going to go onto the Phycology side of punting for Part 2, but I will leave that to last. Instead I will get straight into Part 3 - Selection and Staking. I may not have it done by 10.00 pm, when I was originally going to post up tonight, but it will be up by Tuesday.
Old 21st August 2006, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEasyRun

Backpeddling Crome.....from what?

its fifty to six.

And yes I know you cannot achieve it.

Ahem.
*RaceCensus now updated to 30/04/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 21st August 2006, 09:22 PM
Banned

Great thread i hope it continues.
But posting anything like theses types of statements are always going to attract questions and opposing theories...
Debates are healthy and educational ..
hopefully we keep to the facts and not get personel....

cant wait to find out what this 7/1 staking and selection method is all about.
Old 21st August 2006, 09:41 PM

quite a challenging post and well worth watching.

when you say "i know you cant achieve it"
does it mean you chrome or all of us.

i know someone who cant achieve it and i dont mean you.
Old 21st August 2006, 10:14 PM

This is by far the best post in ages & has managed to drag me out of my self imposed exile.

It lasted longer than I thought it would before the nay sayers came out and I am very surprised that CP, someone who I have almost totally agreed with over the years, seems to be the main knocker.

Chrome, I've told this before and I will repeat it for the record. I quit my full-time job over 5 years ago and have survived totally from the races ever since. I opened a Betfair a/c with $3000, and lost almost all of it in the first month. My balance got down to $500 & I have lived off this amount, building it up, withdrawing regularly & never having to deposit again.

FACT
It can be done.

Cheers
Mark