Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 17th February 2006, 03:31 PM

Brendan Tupper's not doing so well at Yarra Valley so far today, but the racecaller's tips (Radiotab tips) are.
Old 17th February 2006, 04:43 PM

Sportz,

Got to give him one off day every so often.
Old 17th February 2006, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVictor
About 85% joking I guess :-).

Each to his own and if it works why knock it but I have to say I wouldn't get much pleasure backing someone elses tips. It's the challenge of working out the winner for myself that keeps me interested.

Hi KV!
Stuff the challenge, I wouldn't mind betting on other's tips if I could make money out of it. Heaven knows I bought enough systems, and paid for tips that never turned a profit in my early years of punting.
I still would prefere to pay for it, instead of working out my own ratings if I could be sure it were profitable.
After all, we all depend on experts in many ways, in our daily lives like plumbers sparkies etc. and it seems to work out OK.
As I stated in one of my posts, I am in it for the money only, (and touch wood I am doing fine), someone said on an other thread that he was losing but it doesn't matter to him because he is on a good wicket work wise. I find that strange. I thought the idea was to win!??
Cheers
Old 17th February 2006, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus25
Stuff the challenge, I wouldn't mind betting on other's tips if I could make money out of it. As I stated in one of my posts, I am in it for the money only, (and touch wood I am doing fine), someone said on an other thread that he was losing but it doesn't matter to him because he is on a good wicket work wise. I find that strange. I thought the idea was to win!??
Cheers
Hi Marcus,
This guy is like my Dad, who is only a dollar bet guy but does it for the fun of having a bet. He (my Dad) knows he's going to lose long term but the occasional outsider gives him something to smile about. Like I say I'm in it for the challenge because at this stage of my punting career (about 2 years in) I don't honestly think I'm going to make enough money to cover the time I spend programming, collecting data etc. I just love the challenge of the biggest numbers puzzle I've ever taken on.
My first post, although more in fun than anything, was rooted in a the belief that the way to win is not to use tipsters work - for many reasons. I imagine tipsters come and go so you learn to rely on them and they dissappear, I doubt they would be giving their best tips away if they were the path to riches, etc. etc. much like the reasons people wouldn't sell a crash hot system.
Like you though, if I could buy some great ratings that guaranteed me winning heaps of cash I'd do that and stuff the challenge.
I suppose what I started out trying to say here was there are countless ways to attack the punt and best of luck to anyone with their chosen method.

Looking at Sportz recent post about Tupper being off and Radio tab on today maybe this thread should be dedicated to working out a system to decide which tipsters day it is to win. Let's see the second letter of fRiday is the same as the first letter of Radiotab and tomorrow is sAturday....

I'd better stop now or I'll have to start adding smiles again.

KV
Old 17th February 2006, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVictor
Like I say I'm in it for the challenge because at this stage of my punting career (about 2 years in) I don't honestly think I'm going to make enough money to cover the time I spend programming, collecting data etc. I just love the challenge of the biggest numbers puzzle I've ever taken on.
My first post, although more in fun than anything, was rooted in a the belief that the way to win is not to use tipsters work - for many reasons. I imagine tipsters come and go so you learn to rely on them and they dissappear, I doubt they would be giving their best tips away if they were the path to riches, etc. etc. much like the reasons people wouldn't sell a crash hot system.
Like you though, if I could buy some great ratings that guaranteed me winning heaps of cash I'd do that and stuff the challenge.

Looking at Sportz recent post about Tupper being off and Radio tab on today maybe this thread should be dedicated to working out a system to decide which tipsters day it is to win. Let's see the second letter of fRiday is the same as the first letter of Radiotab and tomorrow is sAturday....

I'd better stop now or I'll have to start adding smiles again.

KV

KV!
Spot on KV. Why would they be giving their best tips away?
You know I spend my working days in front of the screen programming silly machines to do things, so you understand that the last thing I want to do in my spare time is to update my database, download results and do ratings.

I would much prefer to have someone send me some numbers and put money on it with the guarantee of making a profit.
Unfortunately that is not the case. I said I am doing OK on my ratings, and I DOOOO!
Why not full time punting then?
Any of you married with Children? have a mortgage? and most importantly, have a wife who does not treat money from the punt as ill begotten gain? Makes no difference how much work I put in to get the selections, it's still gambling as far as she is concerned. One day she will understand that it is not, I'm sure.
Now, I better stop because I don't know what sort of emoticons to add to an outpouring like this.
Good luck

Last edited by marcus25 : 17th February 2006 at 08:19 PM.
Old 20th February 2006, 06:16 PM

Thumbs up

Well, Radiotab has recently introduced a new tipster, Julie Rowland. I'm pretty sure she's the first female tipster they've ever had. Anyway, she went okay on Friday at Quirindi and Canberra, but just look how she's gone today at Dubbo! Wow!!!

Last edited by Sportz : 20th February 2006 at 06:18 PM.
Old 20th February 2006, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz
Well, Radiotab has recently introduced a new tipster, Julie Rowland. I'm pretty sure she's the first female tipster they've ever had. Anyway, she went okay on Friday at Quirindi and Canberra, but just look how she's gone today at Dubbo! Wow!!!

Thank's Sportz will keep an eye it.
Old 20th February 2006, 07:00 PM

She tipped all of the last 7 winners (one of them at $11), and the $22 winner of the first race was her 3rd tip!!! It's going to be damn hard to keep up that sort of performance!!!

Last edited by Sportz : 20th February 2006 at 07:03 PM.
Old 20th February 2006, 07:35 PM

Struth !!!!!!!!!, 7 fm 8

If she lived on the gold coast ( or had a post box there) she could start selling her tips,id buy the things at that rate !! with a record like that, she would sell thousands!

Would the "tabs" actually want someone that COULD find a winner tipping for them though ?

I guess they wouldnt care because to them it doesnt matter which one wins or looses, take your cut anyway.

I am going to watch this one,

...........wonder if she is married ?????????????

Dingo
Old 20th February 2006, 07:42 PM
Suspended.

Smile

It seems tips rule here OK Kenny?
Your a bit short of support in your view of tipsters [their all over the show]. As far as the joy that comes from your own selections getting up, well it's a bit like catching your own fish. These guys just head for the nearest fish and chip shop for a deary old piece of whatever their selling :-)

Thought I better add the smile too Kenny. I'm not up to blueing too often nowadays. The ticker can't take it. I will say I'm always impressed by the zesty enthusiasm and new ideas and angles displayed by many here and the joy seems to come from that. A different approach and as valid as handicapping. I'm sure you agree.