Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 22nd May 2004, 10:53 AM
Banned

No problemmo moeee, i just thought they were under the odds, doesn't mean they can't win. just take a look last night in the NRL , Parramatta were in the same boat , going like yesterdays news, but because St george had 10 players out,they were at home, they went out at $1.48, guess what! stgeorge won 37-6

[ This Message was edited by: goldmember on 2004-05-22 10:58 ]
Old 22nd May 2004, 11:02 AM
Suspended

Don't know nothing about other types of football.Probably not much about AFL either.
But I do remember being at the Valley one year when about six top players were missing from Hawthorn from the week before.
The dunstall,brereton,platten,bookends Hawthorn.
I think I got $4.
It just goes to show,sometimes the players do put in that much harder when the chips are down.
Could be the sign of a great coach.

Mo.
Old 22nd May 2004, 06:13 PM
Member.

In the end, I had just one bet in the AFL, Fremantle to beat Brisbane. I was surprised that some of you were keen to back Brisbane with so many players missing and a terrible record at Subiaco. I'm a Lions fan, but I made Fremantle my best bet of the weekend.

Brisbane are looking shot with all these injuries and suspensions. Doesn't look good for them for the next few weeks.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-05-22 18:32 ]
Old 22nd May 2004, 06:46 PM
Member.

Quote:
On 2004-05-21 13:36, sportznut wrote:
Is it just me or are the games pretty uninspiring this week in both NRL and AFL? I think this will be a rather quiet betting weekend for me on both sports.

Okay, in the end, this is what I did:
AFL
Fremantle to beat Brisbane - 3 units
NRL
St Geo/Ill (+6.5) vs Parra - 1 unit
N.Qld (+5.5) vs Penrith - 1 unit
Souths (+6.5) vs N.Z - 1 unit
S12
Crusaders (+6.5) vs Brumbies - 1 unit

I thought Freo were good things this week, Souths and NQ are tips for my Home Dog system, the Crusaders are a bit of a saver bet after having backed the Brumbies at $3 a month ago, and I just thought St George were great value.
Old 22nd May 2004, 07:55 PM

well the lions sure cost me couldnt even cover the 22.5 start thats ************ed all my multis and shortened up my weekend but ive plonked on port(against good advice) thatll either bring me back or kill me .
And layed Bastia against PSG in the French soccer
Old 22nd May 2004, 11:46 PM
Suspended

Well done Floydyboy for your Port bet.
Anything I can learn from finding out who gave you the (against good advice.) advice.

Also I'm a bit of a pervert as regards reading past posts.And I seem to notice that you Sportznut seem to pick a lot of winners after the race has run.eg:Fremantle.
If your worried that there is going to be a massive betting plunge if you divulge you tip,I can understand.If you're embarrassed about tipping a loser,it doesn't hurt near as much as it hurts your own bank balance.

C'mon share sometimes

Mo.

Old 23rd May 2004, 01:44 AM
Member.

If you think I'm 'bragging' after the event or something then I'll stop.

It's not embarassing to lose. Everyone does it. What IS embarrassing is when someone makes a bold statement or tip before the event and ends up being horribly wrong. I think they look like a goose.

If you are a keen reader of past posts go back to page 1 of this thread and you'll see that while some others were tipping Brisbane, my posts certainly suggested that I thought otherwise. However, I didn't come right out and say Fremantle WILL beat the Lions, because that's just not my style.

As for sharing, a couple of months ago, I outlined the rules of my Home Dog line betting system and anybody on here could have backed all those selections and made a nice profit. Another winner tonight in the Cowboys.
Old 23rd May 2004, 08:32 AM
Banned

It has been a pretty ordinary weekend so far for my AFL bets, with kangaroos and lions going down,had a saver on geelong ,but the way my luck has gone so far hawthorn and w/bulldogs will have to carry a few extra kg's. Moeee, do get into bed the way you get out, the wrong side?.
Sportz, and every one that write posts, are here to help,and i have backed winners reading them and hopefully i have helped someone else back a winner, never saw sportz brag about picking A winner , keep up the good work sportz,always look forward to yor thoughts,and i hope someone gets out of bed on the right side this morning LOL.
Floydyboy, good onya with port, your money was pretty safe during the game, as i said before i didn't think they were value, but i never said they couldn't win.

cheers

[ This Message was edited by: goldmember on 2004-05-23 08:37 ]
Old 23rd May 2004, 08:35 AM

Jeez Sportz I tip lotsa losers Like my Bris-Canterbury-Penrith treble 1unit (1big unit)but thats life I dont feel like a goose .. If I win ,I win if I lose so be it ...I had 6 units on port.So I suppose that UNgooses
me.
Anyway fellas besides all that Im grateful for the input from you guys stats, injuries and opinions its a great help in making my decisions whether they be right or wrong.
HONK
Old 23rd May 2004, 08:54 AM

And I layed Freeo @1.77 for 1unit

HONK HONK