Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 27th July 2005, 10:26 AM

Thumbs down Flemington...... what a waste of a meeting....

Hi All

My thoughts for today, don't like much today, very, very hard day at the office today, so I'm waiting until the last race.... good luck

Race 1 #5 Tadakatsu - Front running Hurdler which I like and is fit and jumping well
Race 2 #3 Hachiman - Fasinating query runner, 1/2 Brother to Dizelle and Subscribe (HK)
Race 3 #6 Spazzata - Won well last start and came home well, handles track and alley a bonus
Race 4 #5 Hennessy Lane - Has nice form and last start was full of merit 6 1/2 len to 3rd horse
Race 5 #2 Froth and Bubble - Last chance for this fellow, rarely runs a bad race
Race 6 #4 Itsechuca - Improving and consistent looking for this distance and has nice barrier
Race 7 #1 Neprotain - Wet track no worry for this fellow, has won first up, just needs to be fit enough
Race 8 #3* Celtic Bloom - ticks all the boxes, cannot see him being headed.

Best
Race 8 #3 Celtic Bloom

Best Eway
Race 2 #3 Hennessy Lane

Best Roughie
Race 2 #3 Spazzata

* = confidence..... others just for fun

Yours In punting

Stix
Old 27th July 2005, 01:33 PM

Default Race 3 Amendment

SCRATCHED......Race 3 #6 Spazzata - Won well last start and came home well, handles track and alley a bonus

Have a crack at #2 Red for Lou.....
Old 27th July 2005, 01:36 PM

SCRATCHED.....Race 5 #2 Froth and Bubble - Last chance for this fellow, rarely runs a bad race

Have a crack at # 8 Reine Du Soir....
Old 27th July 2005, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix
Race 8 #3* Celtic Bloom - ticks all the boxes, cannot see him being headed.

Or her even.
Old 27th July 2005, 02:08 PM

Unhappy oooops.... Freudian typo...

I'm sure "she" won't mind....... now that I've mozzed her.... might have to think about jumping off.... lol !!!!
Old 27th July 2005, 04:49 PM

Thumbs down ....... not the best run....

Sure did mozz her...... she pulled hard during the race and didn't come on in the straight... nice ride by Debono on Umbula though....

Not too much damage done today..... only the one bet !!

As I said ..... tuff day @ the orifice !!

Yours in Punting

Stix
Old 29th July 2005, 03:49 PM

Thumbs up $$ Mone(e)y Valley $$

Hi All

My Thoughts for tommorow:

Race 1 #1 Danerich* - Very good young horse and broke through last start, won't be flash odds
Race 2 #6 I'm Fighting - (Hurdle) Won Barrier trial , last two disapointing, but has been freshened and will be ridden forward this time out
Race 3 #5 Palatine Hill* - Won easy two starts ago and was unluck last start, has the claim and in it for a long way
Race 4 #2 Lord of Auriston* - Very underated and should have won last start when tightend up, only query is 1200m, but looks as though should get the trip this time in
Race 5 #2 Topzoff - Star jumper, trialled well at jump school and as confident as you could be about a "speed bump" horse
Race 6 #5 Dismissal - Weakend in Winter champ'ship last start, freshened and if handles tight track will go close
Race 7 #7 Emerald Jack - Has claim, and is improving with racing, and loves distance
Race 8 #5 Lifelong Dream - Like track, racing very consistently and like track and distrance

Best
Race 1 #1 Danerich
Race 4 #2 Lord of Auriston

Best Eway
Race 3 #5 Palatine Hill
Race 7 #7 Emerald Jack

Best Roughie
Race 2 #6 I'm Fighting

* = confidence..... others just for fun

Yours In punting

Stix
Old 31st July 2005, 07:31 PM

Wink Results.... solid......

Best
Race 1 #1 Danerich SCRATCHED
Race 4 #2 Lord of Lauriston UNPLACED

Best Eway
Race 3 #5 Palatine Hill 3RD $2.10
Race 7 #7 Emerald Jack WON $3.80 $1.50

Best Roughie
Race 2 #6 I'm Fighting 3RD $3.90

So not a bad result..... ticking along nicely, but certainly not setting the world on fire.....didn't see Lord of Lauriston.... but looked very disappointing in paper this morning..... Any feedback on the race?

Yours In Punting

Stix
Old 3rd August 2005, 09:51 AM

Wink Sandown Lakeside 3-8-05

Hi All,

It seems the fields for the midweek metro races are still very disappointing..... hence I've stuck to Saturday meetings, but I'll see if I can help. Going by the other threads it seems everyone is avoiding Melbourne racing like the plague, with not too many happy punters having much success..... anyway my thoughts for Lakeside today are:

Race 1 (3000m Hurdle)....
(6) Tadakatsu - Thought was a good e/way chance last time when finished 3rd, looks like good e/way chance again

(8) Wood In Deed - Finished off well and headed (6) Tadakatsu last start, also a good chance
(4) Classic Benabra - Easy class for him and has been promising over the "speed humps"
(3) Al Garhood - Won his first jumps start impressively, although not a strong field, one for the multiples

Race 2 (1000m Cl6 Hcp)
(3) Stratagee Gee* - Very fast mare, has the claim of Mellham, nice barrier and has pet distance, excellent chance

(4) Dan's Princess - resuming and has good record fresh, very consistent
(6) Princess Tiffany - has the cherry and can take advantage of it, weakened last start but will be fitter
(1) Sarah Michelle - Has Nikolic and is smart on her day, the going will suit and has won first up previously

Race 3 (1200m 3YO Hcp)
(2) Super Mario - Impressive debut and extra distance will be perfect after disappointing last start

(1) Saarjun - Showed good speed and determination at debut win
(6) Maribeau - 3/4 brother to HK's Indigenous.... watch.
(3) Amerryking, (4) El Caballo and (7) Record.... for multiples

Race 4 (1400m Cl6 Hcp)
(8) Tommifrancs* - Won easily when resuming, up in class, but meets an ordinary lot here and has Shinn

(1) Scopari - has terrific strike rate, will relish the going and was inconvenienced last start
(2) Our Arch Rival - ran on last start, all be it on the best part of the track when they ran over my horse (Stratton Place) !!!

Race 5 (1200m Cl6 Hcp)
(1) Serene Prince - Very consistent fellow, loves the distance, going will suit

(2) Tummler - Missed start last time and finished on nicely, if jumps will be a real chance
(6) Saayeb - Racing well and will appreciate tempo nice e/way odds
(9) Murray's Mate - ran on well and loves the 1200m another at nice odds and due for a win

Race 6 (2100m Hcp)
(6) Kepero - just beaten last start, 5 len to 3rd horse in that race, racing well and has Ryan

(2) Smart Arch - Form has not been flash, and will make the journey, has the class for this mob
(1) Aquiline - disappointing in Adel last start, worth another chance

Race 7 (1600m Hcp)
(10) Fall of Rome* - Won nicely last start, very consistent, was 5th to (9) Huck Finn 2 starts ago, but was checked 200m out

(7) Johnny Be Good - wasn't good last start when raced erratically, if behaves is a great chance....
(9) Huckleberry Finn - Won two on end and pet distance, doesn't win by much but is fit
(4) Louie's Backyard - Likes the distance and ran on home nicely last start 2nd

Race 8 (1600m Cl6 Hcp)
(1) Costal Waters - racing consistently well and is a big chance at this distance, has Shinn and hope to jump at e/way odds

(4) Escolta - Worked hard last start and paid for it, fitter and enjoys the track and distance is right up her alley.
(9) Dream Lass - Ultra consistent and good win last start, stable is flying and has no weight with claim, jockey is only worry
(7) Pugnacious - getting to peak fitness and over this distance should be ready to go, only query is how wet track might be
(2) Balascal - Ran nicely last start behind Civil and on that is a chance in this field

(* = confidence...... others just for fun)

Best Bet

Race 2 #3 Stratagee Gee*
Race 4 #8 Tommifrancs*

Best E/Way
Race 3 # 2 Super Mario
Race 6 #6 Kapero
Race 7 #10 Fall of Rome*
Race 8 # 9 Dream Lass

Best Roughie
Race 5 #9 Murray's Mate
Old 3rd August 2005, 04:30 PM
Banned