Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 5th January 2006, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla909
Thanks mate

They also (I think) have a withdrawal fee. But the odds are always very good as you noted and over time they represent value. I will wait a bit and see if Betfair gets going soon as there having a government decision in February.

That Moodie fellow (imo) lives up to his name. Pulls lots of wins as a dog and crashes a lot also. AT least we don't have to put up with that Puerta sob anymore.

K
It might sound crazy, but I love Puerta. He was one of my biggest money makers for '05. However, he deserved everything he got.

I think we should create a discussion thread for ATP Tour '06. Theres always lots to talk about when it comes to tennis as there are so many players and tournaments. I think we should keep this thread for selections with writeups as it might start to take a while to sort through the thread to find selections. Thoughts?
Old 5th January 2006, 03:57 PM

Great idea.

I was going to report my results on a weekly basis. So maybe 1 thread for tips, 1 for discussion and 1 for results.
Leave it to you to organize.

K
Old 5th January 2006, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy
Tomas Berdych over Andy Murray @ $1.84

Source: Pinnacle Sports
Stake: 0.5 Units

Last time the two met Berdych had a number of chances to win the match, and should have taken them. Berdych finished last year off well beating the likes of Ljubicic, Ferrero, Stepanek and Coria. If he carries that form to Australia then this should be an easy win for the Czech. Murray on the other hand only really had one good tournament on hc, making the final in Thailand where he was beaten by Federer. However, for the majority of last year Murray played Challengers and even some Futures. I don't believe he is at the level where he can consitantly beat quality players such as Berdych, however, that doesn't mean the Brits can't hype him up as the next big thing.

Sorry about the late notice, I took Berdych for 0.5 units at $1.84 when the market came out but was too tired to post a writeup. Match starts in 30 mins.

Tomas Berdych wins 7-6 4-6 6-1
Attached Files
File Type: xls Betting Records 2006.xls (62.0 KB, 547 views)
Old 5th January 2006, 04:13 PM

Had a bit on Berdych.

Good to see he had a strong third set

Anything else notable for tonight Betsy?
Old 5th January 2006, 06:05 PM

Lightbulb 8-1, +4.42 Units (ROI 32.1%, SR 89%)

Taylor Dent over Thomas Johansson @ $1.704

Stake: 0.42 Units

Just putting the profit from Berdych's win over Murray into this one. Like last season, Dent has begun the season in great form, easily accounting for Djokovic and Schukin. In contrast Johansson, who has also played both Djokovic and Schukin, seemed to struggle. I think the fact that the match is indoors favours Dent more than Johansson. His serve and volley game seems to be firing on all cylinders at Burswood Dome. Johansson is also struggling with a foot problem and has been bed ridden for the last few days (whenever he's not on the practise court). Overall, going by their last two matches, I can't see Dent losing this one.

Good luck lads
Old 5th January 2006, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjoe66
Hrbaty to beat Philippoussis @ 1.44

Hrbaty is a good all court player and should have too much for Philipoussis who has struggled for ages and only got past the 2nd round twice last year (i think). Hrbaty also beat him last year indoors and shouldn't have too many problems even against the Aussie crowd. I would have expected Hrbaty to be shorter then 1.44 hence why i've got on it.

Hrbaty won 3-6 6-4 6-1

Looks although despite losing the first set Hrbaty finished much the stronger.
Old 5th January 2006, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Tomas Berdych wins 7-6 4-6 6-1

Great pick Betsy.

Too late for me to get on Dent, not sure I would have the confidence to do so anyway. The time difference here is annoying at the moment.

Dent is *4-3 at the moment so looks like the people who choose it did well.

Nothing else takes me fancy today which frustrates me after Berdych and Hrbaty last night but i must learn to stay away if im not convinced by any bets!
Old 6th January 2006, 12:26 AM

Thumbs down 8-2, +4.00 Units

Quote:
Taylor Dent over Thomas Johansson @ $1.704

Stake: 0.42 Units

Just putting the profit from Berdych's win over Murray into this one. Like last season, Dent has begun the season in great form, easily accounting for Djokovic and Schukin. In contrast Johansson, who has also played both Djokovic and Schukin, seemed to struggle. I think the fact that the match is indoors favours Dent more than Johansson. His serve and volley game seems to be firing on all cylinders at Burswood Dome. Johansson is also struggling with a foot problem and has been bed ridden for the last few days (whenever he's not on the practise court). Overall, going by their last two matches, I can't see Dent losing this one.

Good luck lads

After being up a break in the first, Dent loses 7-6 2-6 6-3

As talked about earlier, considering playing Davydenko over Volandri
Old 6th January 2006, 12:49 AM

Lightbulb ATP 5th January - Doha

Nikolay Davydenko over Fillipo Volandri @ $1.21

Stake: 1.5 Units

Not really much to write about here, karla summed it up well this morning. Davydenko is the superior player on this surface, and although Volandri has already had more wins on hardcourt in '06 than he did in '05 he poses no threat to Davydenko in my opinion. I see Davydenko winning this match 85% of the time, therefore $1.21 is value.

Good luck and Happy Punting
Old 6th January 2006, 06:40 AM

Poor Nikolai lost 6:3 6:4, it is lesson for future that Russians like to loose when odds are very low on them Do they have Betfair accounts?