Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 24th March 2008, 01:08 PM

Lay GCST02-05 Nellie Got There
Old 24th March 2008, 01:15 PM

And so on and so on...

Lunchtime.
Old 24th March 2008, 02:07 PM

Risky one

Lay OAKB03-04 Adams Peak
Old 24th March 2008, 02:18 PM

Lay RAND03-09 Assertive
Old 24th March 2008, 02:25 PM

Doh. Wheel's have fallen off

Fun while it lasted.
Old 6th April 2008, 06:39 PM

Angry Grand National

Mmm perhaps they should have done more testing.

Had a "keep in-play" lay on Slim Pickings in the Grand National this morning. Last price before the jump was around $12, and as soon as the market suspended and before going in-play, my $7.40 lay was matched. So I'd been matched by Betfair, not another Exchange client. Seems there was a massive difference between that money available to lay and back at SP on the winner, and the Betfair matching engine stepped in. After the race all such bets were voided as the resulting Betfair SP market percentage ended up around 166% - much worse than the industry SP. I'm familiar with why this happened but ... my lay was placed in good faith, and would have been matched as the race went on, yet a foul-up at the Betfair SP end see's my winning lay made void!!

Not good enough Betfair!!!!!
Old 7th April 2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryPixie
Mmm perhaps they should have done more testing.

Had a "keep in-play" lay on Slim Pickings in the Grand National this morning. Last price before the jump was around $12, and as soon as the market suspended and before going in-play, my $7.40 lay was matched. So I'd been matched by Betfair, not another Exchange client. Seems there was a massive difference between that money available to lay and back at SP on the winner, and the Betfair matching engine stepped in. After the race all such bets were voided as the resulting Betfair SP market percentage ended up around 166% - much worse than the industry SP. I'm familiar with why this happened but ... my lay was placed in good faith, and would have been matched as the race went on, yet a foul-up at the Betfair SP end see's my winning lay made void!!

Not good enough Betfair!!!!!

Betfair claims it will "provide compensation accordingly" if you "If you believe that you have been disadvantaged".

Just write them a begging e-mail for what is rightfully yours.

I'll be interested to read how you fare.

I have no idea what Betfair did to my bets, and how that played out for me, but I guess I'll e-mail them and get fobbed off as usual.
Old 13th April 2008, 11:56 PM

Hi guy's...Does betfair allow us to leave our bets on for in-play...? Also what bots have the "leave in-play" mode? Can you do it with Bet Trader Pro? Thanks for your help guy's...appreciate it.
Old 14th April 2008, 05:15 AM

In play mode can only be done at the moment on UK & Sth African (RSA) races when betting from Australia.

Bet Trader Pro does not have this feature as yet, so one has to place their bets through Bet Trader, then manually adjust to in-play mode by going into ones Betfair A/C then click Options, which can be a hassell.

If you want a program that does all this for you, Fairbot has a one click feature, it also has a fantastic hedging button which works a treat by telling you how much you will now win or lose if you press it.

Costs $132 with a 14 day free usage trial, which oporates on days actually used which is a refreshing feature. e.g. its good for 14 Saturdays if one only bets on Saturdays.

It also has a trading ladder with no onging costs.

I find Fairbot uses a lot less bandwidth as well, which means you wont get emails from your server saying that you are getting close to your monthly usage allowance before it starts slowing down.

Bet Trader is excellent, every body should have it, if dealing with Betfair & its Free, but I feel Faibot is just as good & in some cases better for smoother un-interupted usage, due to its economy of bandwidth .

Cheers.
Old 14th April 2008, 03:13 PM

Hi Bhagwan, thanks for your help mate. I am currently trialing Fairbot and it's pretty good stuff. At the moment they are selling "Fairbot" for only $99, but don't know if you have to pay again at the end of the year. Hey Bhagwan, I have been to the Betfair interface, but can't find that "Keep in-play option" in the options. I opening options while having a race open in UK, thinking it might only appear in in-play race only, but still no sign of it. Is there another options on the site? I can only find, "More Options" and it's not in it. Can you help me on this? Thanks mate.