Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 13th December 2009, 12:03 AM

Jake, on target with your tips including Castletown Keys $8 (wide throughout!), Rocky Range $8 and a couple others.

Party, I think you're a place punter as well so with your three tips running a place a profit was made, well done.

One to follow from the days racing is Pete the Profiler, unlucky in the last finishing strongly between runners.
Old 13th December 2009, 12:04 AM

Yes not too bad today, I am predominently a place bettor so in the money all the way, can't complain, BUT with some luck could have been another "Bumper"
Old 15th December 2009, 04:53 PM

a place bettor..party!
fields 5-7 (ntd) ..do you generally avoid or play?
Old 15th December 2009, 07:06 PM

Jake, a controversial one I know but personally I have found over an extended period its better to play, i.e. 2 out of 5 is a ******** of a lot easier than 3 out of say 14 *isn't it?, mmmmm!) anyway I find the divies are generally higher, but thats just my opinion.

Today 2 already in the bag + Pure Rust in the last
Old 15th December 2009, 07:59 PM

Forum "egg" again, and deafeated by the PPM selection to boot! shucks
Old 16th December 2009, 08:12 PM

last at ascot..playing my multiples around..russell road..dane smile..& silk force..
Old 17th December 2009, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypooper
Jake, a controversial one I know but personally I have found over an extended period its better to play, i.e. 2 out of 5 is a ******** of a lot easier than 3 out of say 14 *isn't it?, mmmmm!) anyway I find the divies are generally higher, but thats just my opinion.

yeah party..i play regardless too..& as you've mentioned..divies can be surprisingly good..scenerio..ntd..

Last edited by jake : 17th December 2009 at 12:11 AM.
Old 17th December 2009, 01:37 AM

Jake, I ended up just in front after the last, but I had Almighty Runner as a racing certainty EXCEPT for the draw, which is why I didn't post it and in fact only backed for the place. BUT my observation is (AGAIN) that Darren MCauley didn't rate it in his first 4, unbelievable; and once again it wins, just watch out for this , it sure seems that when it's a goer it's nowhere in his top 4 (nods as good as a wink ey?)
Old 18th December 2009, 11:05 PM

Promises to be a good card of racing at Ascot.

R2 - The Market Mover is Keshaar. IAS have it 3.8 -> 2.9, meets Trustee Brown 3.5kg better than last time(both were a tad unlucky to not finish closer).

R4 - One of the best bets anywhere is Inarticulate. It really should go crunch. $2 fixed is short enough, add 6/9 for value in multiples.

R5 - Another shortie in Scenic Shot. Bar 2 is perfect, distance and race conditions perfect, no excuses this time. Worth watching a few others in respect to upcoming Perth Cup.

R7 - Crawford Stakes is very interesting. Leader Vain Raider. Topweight Vizard is the big query. No Trial so no idea where it's at, but was a budding superstar sprinter over a year ago. Ma Ma Machine has never won at Ascot, but has a good chance to break the duck. Should get into a good trailing position.

Good luck!
Old 19th December 2009, 03:18 PM

schonegg, I agree, 3x equal bets on Inarticulate, Vain Raider, and Coiled spring SHOULD show a profit.

But I aslo have Casandras Shadow (owes me) and Given Vision as EW bets, gotta admit I keep going back to Given Vision so I'll stick my neck out and say best bet of the day, at odds!