Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 15th January 2013, 11:58 AM

Default Betfair Data formulae

I Need help.
I want to check the Betfair data sheets from http://data.betfair.com.au/hr_files_finaldata.php
I want to know how to automatically work out the profit /loss of laying each race to various scenarios.
So firstly laying the field to SP liability say $100.
Secondly laying to the runners to a set SP ie $20 max.
Thirdly laying the favourite only
Fourthly laying the first few favourites only (1st and 2nd or 1,2,&3)
Conditional highlight fav and winner
I know it can be done but completely outside my capability at present.
Thanks in advance Beton
Old 15th January 2013, 02:01 PM
Banned

Something like this beton?

As I had to use array formulas to calculate the favourite returns, the calculations are demanding on most pc's so I have limited the worksheet size to 2000 records, which should suffice for you average day.

Dont think I have made any errors, but I did make a mistake once, so buyer beware
Attached Files
File Type: xlsm beton bf file.xlsm (1.45 MB, 1339 views)
Old 15th January 2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugots
Something like this beton?

As I had to use array formulas to calculate the favourite returns, the calculations are demanding on most pc's so I have limited the worksheet size to 2000 records, which should suffice for you average day.

Dont think I have made any errors, but I did make a mistake once, so buyer beware

Thanks stugots
exactly what I need.
I will have a glass or two of red for you tonight.
beton
Old 15th January 2013, 03:16 PM
Banned

benton, it may make things easier allround to delete out all the place records prior to using bf's data

The code below does the job, let me know if you need instructions on use

Code:
Sub delete_place_records() Dim lst As Long Dim i As Long lst = Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row For i = lst To 1 Step -1 If Range("E" & i).Value Like "TO BE PLACED" Then Range("E" & i).EntireRow.Delete End If Next i End Sub
Old 15th January 2013, 06:07 PM

Quote:
benton, it may make things easier allround to delete out all the place records prior to using bf's data

The code below does the job, let me know if you need instructions on use

Code:
Sub delete_place_records() Dim lst As Long Dim i As Long lst = Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row For i = lst To 1 Step -1 If Range("E" & i).Value Like "TO BE PLACED" Then Range("E" & i).EntireRow.Delete End If Next i End Sub

stugots
Thanks again.
I have absolutely no idea where and how to put the code in. But I would like to. My New Years resolution "Learn Excel"
I am bringing a 2000 Glenowen Shiraz down to table To have a drink for you. Organic from 100yr old rootstock.
beton
Old 15th January 2013, 06:10 PM

Blimey... perhaps send the man a bottle??

Cheers LG
Old 15th January 2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Greystoke
Blimey... perhaps send the man a bottle??

Cheers LG

Next case.
Old 15th January 2013, 07:29 PM
Banned

No problem benton, when I get a bit of time tomorrow I will upload a new workbook with an option to delete the place bets - do you also want to get rid of the trot & pace races as well?

Looking back it wasn't that long ago I knew naff all about Excel & got a great deal of help from the Excel For Dummies book which I can highly recommend to get you going. Once that's under your belt then Excel VBA For Dummies is also a must read.
Old 15th January 2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
No problem benton, when I get a bit of time tomorrow I will upload a new workbook with an option to delete the place bets - do you also want to get rid of the trot & pace races as well?

Looking back it wasn't that long ago I knew naff all about Excel & got a great deal of help from the Excel For Dummies book which I can highly recommend to get you going. Once that's under your belt then Excel VBA For Dummies is also a must read.

Thanks stugots
I will buy them tomorrow.
What you have done is great. I have just gone thru and highlighted the races that I am interested in testing against other data. (starting in DEC) It was only Saturday and Sunday 42 races. I deleted all other races manually. It worked a treat.
If you can delete the placed and the trots and pacers that will be great.

My initial aim is to check laying against data we have collected since Sept. However if we can get the excess removed I will go back as far as I can against BF data, and send you the summary. Beton
Old 16th January 2013, 11:59 AM
Banned

new version attached beton

As the number of records is greatly reduced after removing place/trots/pace records each betfair file will comfortably fit on one excel worksheet, anyway see how you go with it, any questions let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsm beton bf file V2.xlsm (2.35 MB, 575 views)