Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 18th October 2014, 02:07 AM

Default Betfair API

Betfair's new API-NG is now on stream in the UK.

No data request charges, (previously these were limited to 20 calls per second.)

Also Betfair have scrapped the minimum bet size.

Not sure how these changes will apply to Betfair Aus. or to those accessing the UK markets.

http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9790
Old 18th October 2014, 07:29 AM

the new API has been around for a long time. They switch off the old one in the next few weeks.

But minimum bet size has not been scrapped that I know of.
Old 18th October 2014, 07:32 AM

Minimum bet size has not been scrapped.

http://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Terms.and.Conditions/

IT still exists and you will get banned for betting below it.
Old 18th October 2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
Minimum bet size has not been scrapped.

http://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Terms.and.Conditions/

IT still exists and you will get banned for betting below it.

What irks me about that is that the government go on about problem gamblers and yet you have to bet a minimum amount with this mob. Can anyone see the irony with this?

They also endorse all sorts of bots using the API and yet all those bots are set up to bet below the minimum amount. Go figure!

They should at least match the TABS and allow 50c bets IMHO.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 18th October 2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocho
What irks me about that is that the government go on about problem gamblers and yet you have to bet a minimum amount with this mob. Can anyone see the irony with this?

They also endorse all sorts of bots using the API and yet all those bots are set up to bet below the minimum amount. Go figure!

They should at least match the TABS and allow 50c bets IMHO.

I hate how the $5 minimum doesn't apply to laying. To lay a $101 horse you still need to stake $5 which is a liability of $500. How is that right? At least you can go to SP and lay it for $30 liability but SP isn't available on all sports and markets which annoys me. They would get a lot more turnover if they let below minimum as instead of paper testing new systems I would throw a few dollars on each selection for the test period. For instance I am paper trading a new system now that has about 80-120 bets a day. At minimum $5 bets that is a turnover of $400-$600 for testing. I won't throw that at it unless I have a lot more test data. But if I could throw $1 at it per selection then that wouldn't worry me because I could use $200 for testing and if it loses then its gone and I can go test something else with another $200. But that $200 needs to be $1000 for a test at minimum $5 stakes and I'm not prepares to throw away $1000 on testing until I'm really happy with a method.
Old 18th October 2014, 09:40 AM

I thought I would add. $5 minimum works great for weekend punters who place 3 or 4 bets. But it doesn't work for us serious punters who have lots of selections a day and want to do live testing with small stakes. I actually do my live testing on tote because if I can win at that then I am almost assured a good result on betfair but that means I still can't test laying methods.
Old 18th October 2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
I hate how the $5 minimum doesn't apply to laying. To lay a $101 horse you still need to stake $5 which is a liability of $500. How is that right? At least you can go to SP and lay it for $30 liability but SP isn't available on all sports and markets which annoys me. They would get a lot more turnover if they let below minimum as instead of paper testing new systems I would throw a few dollars on each selection for the test period. For instance I am paper trading a new system now that has about 80-120 bets a day. At minimum $5 bets that is a turnover of $400-$600 for testing. I won't throw that at it unless I have a lot more test data. But if I could throw $1 at it per selection then that wouldn't worry me because I could use $200 for testing and if it loses then its gone and I can go test something else with another $200. But that $200 needs to be $1000 for a test at minimum $5 stakes and I'm not prepares to throw away $1000 on testing until I'm really happy with a method.

Exactly UB, exactly.

I am the same but with a lot, LOT, less money than that and usually LOT as well (Loss on Turnover).

But I would do the same thing with putting a little real money in and seeing how a system goes in real time instead of simulation mode.

I think they would have to be losing money with the minimum bet instead of making more money (but I could be wrong).

― Earl Nightingale
Old 18th October 2014, 07:19 PM

I use gruss and i can place 1c bets if i like - which in fact is what i did when i was working on the fluctuations etc
Old 18th October 2014, 09:33 PM

If you lay, you can lay as low as 1c without a problem using the API.
BUT, if you back under $5.00 you will get one warning and then get your account closed.
*RaceCensus now updated to 29/02/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 19th October 2014, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
If you lay, you can lay as low as 1c without a problem using the API.
BUT, if you back under $5.00 you will get one warning and then get your account closed.

That's utter crap. I have been warned for laying below $5 using the API.