Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 30th August 2005, 03:25 PM

Yes, I knew that our record at The Oval was shocking. Our record is as bad there as it is good at Lords. One point though. Recent Ashes tests played there have all been 'dead' test matches and you know how shocking Australia have gone in dead rubbers.

I'm not confident. Before the series, I assessed it this way. We would probably win at Lords and England would probably win at the Oval, and the series would be decided on the other 3 tests. I hope my assessment was wrong.

Personally, I thought Hussey should have been in the team right from the start, but he wasn't even in the squad. Likewise, I think Bracken should have been in the squad too, but not at Tait's expense. I would have picked both. With the squad that they have though, I think their biggest mistake was not picking Tait earlier when Gillespie was in such shocking form. We could all see how poorly Gillespie was bowling in the one dayers. For most of this series, we've basically had just 2 or 3 effective bowlers to England's 5.

I think our policy of continually picking the same players and never giving any new guys a go has been wrong. While dominating weaker teams in recent years, we should have begun to bring a few new players in. Not sure whether they should make many changes for the last game, but I think we definitely have to look at changes for the future.

Still reckon that 'Super Series' in a month's time is going to be totally embarassing. I can't believe that Centrebet actually had Australia slight favourites the last time I looked. That was before the 4th test. Perhaps they've come to their senses by now. I think we'll probably get thrashed.

Last edited by Sportz : 30th August 2005 at 03:28 PM.