Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 22nd August 2005, 04:25 PM

Question Ashes 4th Test

Prices are out now with the various bookies and again Australia are favourites. And England has actually gone out in the betting from where they opened last time! Seriously, are these guys watching the same Cricket that I'm watching???
Old 22nd August 2005, 04:33 PM

Seems weird sport but you got to look at the last week. England havnt played a match since the last test aussies played 1 were both hayden and clarke got 100's with hayden, clarke, ponting all getting back to some form along with warne making runs its understandable that bookmakers still have the aussies favourites. After all we havnt even seen australia play at 100% sofar this tour.

If aussies can bat 1st and make 400+ you might see englang under pressure for the first time since the 1st test then we will see how good they are.
Old 22nd August 2005, 04:46 PM

Question is will Australia be bold and play Tait or will they just be dead boring and play Kasprowicsz??? I've got nothing against Kasper (he should have played instead of Gillespie last time), but he certainly doesn't strike any fear into the English batsmen. The bold attacking move would be to pick Tait, but I bet they go for the boring safe defensive option!

I reckon they should give Hodge a go too, but they almost certainly won't do that.
Old 22nd August 2005, 05:39 PM

If australia dont play Tait then something is very wrong. Most Australians agree that he should play, he is an unknown to england and lets face it our bowlers havnt been breaking records..... well actually there have been a few records broken but the reverse swing of tait at a good speed could prove a winner. I agree with you sportz about rating kaspa as a bowler but hes not going to tear through em, which is what we need. I think mcgrath will be hoping for Tait as well as it will elevate him up the batting order!!!!!
Tait plays Ill have a crack on the aussies for sure..
Old 22nd August 2005, 08:37 PM
Banned

To risky picking Tait ..he sprays them under pressure..Kaspa's a good defensive option ..gives the attack balance and can bowl into the wind ,up the hill and revers swing...we have Lee and Mcgrath and Warne in form . thats enough ,,we just need to catch a few ..
Is clarke fit ?? if not i'd like to see Hodge in there ..this would give our middle order a bit of stability ..we have to many shot makers....this is fine against substandard attacks but against the good ones you need that balance..
the Aussies win this ..and win it well,,
Old 23rd August 2005, 06:36 PM

What the...?

Just seen our new selector Merv Hughes on the news and believe it or not, he sounded like he actually wanted to give Gillespie another go!!! Fair dinkum, are these guys for real. How terrible does someone's form have to be before they get dropped??? And he seemed to be more upset with the fact that Ponting didn't bowl Gillespie enough. C'mon guys. Do something positive, PLEASE!!! Pick someone new!!! At the moment, Australia is just looking old, tired, slow and out of form.

I've seen the World teams chosen today for that 'Super Series' against us in October. Seriously, I'll be very surprised if we don't get thrashed!!!
Old 24th August 2005, 03:53 PM

McGrath's got an elbow injury and is in doubt. That's all we need.
Old 24th August 2005, 08:29 PM
Banned

Exclamation

australia will not lose this testmatch...england should be 10-1
Old 24th August 2005, 09:25 PM

I'll hold you to that.
Old 25th August 2005, 12:47 PM
Banned

AS always, back the poms at the 4.00 and lay off when aussies blow out.

Form isn't playing much of a part in the market, just reputation