Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 22nd December 2004, 12:16 AM

Default When did you start gambling?

how old were you?

why did you start?

what did you bet on (and did it win)?

me...

I was 18 and I bet $50 on Perth Glory to beat some other NSL club at a price of 1.40. Nice profit of $20 and it seemed so easy. I also had a $5 bet on an AFL multi with 6 selections at $10 and I won again. Must have been beginners luck.

I started because I was reading the newspaper and the TAB prices caught my interest so I decided to have a bet.
Old 22nd December 2004, 09:48 AM
Banned

When I was at school there was a group of us who used to play poker for money. We started doing it for fun but it soon degenerated into gambling. A mate and I formed a cartel and we cleaned up. We used to meet up after the event and divvy up the kitty.

Last edited by Jack Daniels : 22nd December 2004 at 09:50 AM. Reason: I should mention that this was in my later years of High School.
Old 22nd December 2004, 09:51 AM
Member.

About 10. My Mother and my older Brother started betting on Horse Racing and I got them to put on a bet or two for me. Been hooked ever since.
Old 22nd December 2004, 10:39 AM

When I was about 13, I got my mum to put $2 e/w on a horse called Baden Baden. It won at around 6/4, I was hooked, and 30 years on still going strong.
Old 22nd December 2004, 11:52 AM
Suspended

About 17 on Melbourne cup day.
Even that was a loser.In fact I must be the most consistent punter on this forum.
Was the year SILVER KNIGHT won.
Considering doing a paradigm shift as regards punting,but certainly lack the personal skills required.
Old 22nd December 2004, 12:02 PM
Banned

About 10 or so i got dad to bet on a horse called Storm something because it won its last race - it won, and then he taught me lots about racing etc., and i've loved it since!

BTW Mark Waugh said he had his first bet at around 7!
Old 22nd December 2004, 02:48 PM

i never made a bet in my life besides gamling for fun with family and friends in bingo and blackjack with a couple of dollars.

My first bet was the current world cup in 2002. England Vs Poland I think. Odds England win @ $1.60 . i put my first ever $20 on it. I lost though. But seemed so easy. sooner or later that 20 turned into fiftys then 80s then i hit 100. From 100 i went into 150 then 200. They were only sure bets though. i used to spend minor amounts on multis and mystery tickets. Well a while back i collected big with a dollar bet and splurged $1000 on a stupid losing bet. I dont gamble anymore, Im trying to discipline myself atm til the next nrl season. I used to have a big rush from gambling. Im currently trying to get back to the days when i used to collect small wins rather than continue gambling it away.
Old 23rd December 2004, 12:55 AM

I'm only 20 now but have been a punter ever since i can remember. Really got into it when in Darwin used to get in the track for being under 16 for free and then walk straight up to the bookies and backing the fave every race. It was great. I know what you mean fan i remember when $10 was a big bet for me, it kept growing and growing and know its not unlike me too have $1000 on a horse. I do pretty well though just concentrating on my one 'good thing' for the day. This week is Tsyzu on friday, looks a living certainty.
Old 23rd December 2004, 01:22 AM

yeh mr ed, i noticed u were quite successful in the $50 challenge.

who is tszyu fighting and whats his price??
Old 23rd December 2004, 11:38 PM

An absolute bunch of hacks at Werribee.