Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th May 2003, 01:37 PM

Does anybody else think Rose Archway is exceptionally well weighted at 50kg in this! For an AJC Oaks winner she seems well treated. I don't know if anybody has this info but what sort of weight did she get handicapped on for the Caul/Melb cups after her oaks win? (I know she didn't run!)
Old 29th May 2003, 03:37 PM

You're not casting aspersions on the handicapper now are you "thekey?"
I thought you saw racing and and all it's happenings through "rose-coloured" glasses.
If you think it is well handicapped, well, then, good, back it.

Shadow.
Old 29th May 2003, 07:18 PM

my policy is rose archway must win or place in the start immediately before the cup.
if not it would be a high risk bet.
lets hope it can come into contention.
Old 30th May 2003, 09:35 AM

She got 50.5 in the cups for 2001. My point was more that surely the Bris cup is a lower class race than caul/melb and she has only had 7 starts since the oaks win, 4 or 5 of which were completely unsuitable and in all of the starts the shortest price was 9/1, so obviously others also thought the races were unsuitable. I am not casting aspersions on the handicapper merely questioning whether it is fair to downgrade a horse that has its best performance two years ago but only a handful of starts?

I won't be betting until the day or at least the field and barriers are drawn after a bad experience previously.
Old 30th May 2003, 01:10 PM

If it is wet,Grey Song is close to a good thing in my opinion,IF it can run out a strong 2 miles
cheers
Old 1st June 2003, 02:29 PM

punters might note that the winner of the sires yesterday won a listed race going into the race.
my old saying last start winners into group 1's done it again.

thought the jewel was underdone going into the oaks. at the odds let it go luckily.
thought if it had better preparation would have been a more convincing protest.

difficult decision to make. if the rules say that the horse should have been cost the race by interference then i would have probably upheld the protest.
had the jewel been finishing more strongly then definite.
Old 1st June 2003, 07:00 PM

Grey Song's run was an excellent trial for the Cup.Penny Gem's run was promising from a spring point of view.The Jewel was NEVER going to win that race.REmember Sound Action?Hype,hype hype.One good run does not constitute a season.
Old 6th June 2003, 03:44 PM

COUNTY TYRONE the one to beat on his close 2nd in the Sydney Cup. To carry only 4kg over the limit (compared to 6.5kg over in SC). Loves the sting out of the ground.

Next best GREY SONG. Carries 4.5kg over the limit compared to his SC run where he carried 5kg over. The wetter the better.

The Gai Waterhouse trained CORPORATE QUEEN my third pick. This lightly raced mare is buttering up for her third try over 3200m in a row. Not beaten far in both the Sydney & Adelaide Cups, a chance if she can handle the conditions.

Roughie - WAZZA STAR on the limit. Should be able to run out a strong 3200m & likes the wet tracks.
Old 9th June 2003, 08:53 AM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

No. 6 Maguire to win, from
No. 4 County Tyrone & No. 11 Rose Archway

Longshot no. 2 Henderson Bay

I've left out the likely fav. Grey Song who I think could be poor value considering we have a good track.
Old 9th June 2003, 09:41 AM

Maguire to win.
Best roughie Homewrecker