Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st August 2004, 08:22 PM
Suspended

By my reckoning,
$200+$100+$50+$50+$100+$100+$40+$100=$740
Total sum loss of $350.OUCH!
But then again it's been said that I'm a nobody.
Old 2nd August 2004, 01:09 AM

nobody said tipping winners was easy!
Old 2nd August 2004, 09:01 AM
Banned

Moeee,since my appeal is still pending and the czar is at fanny bay for the darwin cup
chasing his $350,I would just like to say that you are somebody,a bit wet behind the ears(from all the rain)but nonetheless
someone.How good were the cats yesterday
There going real well,if they dont win this year how about next year? or at least 2006
once the lions have won 5 straight and got bored
cheers
Old 2nd August 2004, 09:50 AM
Member.

I wish you'd stop talking about the Lions as if they are over the line! As another Lions supporter, I feel you are doing your damn best to jinx them!!! :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-08-02 11:44 ]
Old 2nd August 2004, 01:17 PM
Banned

This weeks results should be thrown in the wheelie bin? Moe what are you talking about? No team is invincible, and on occasion even the worst teams step up. Brisbane should never have been 20 pt faves anyway.

As far as sports being predictable, well it isn't. That simple fact is why most people can't BEAT sports.
Old 2nd August 2004, 01:50 PM
Banned

Agree with you there MR J, the lions always have trouble with the swans and i thought the 20pts was too much [in sydney]and the same for 2 struggling clubs collinwood and richmond, again 20 pts seemed too much, i think the bookies are still rating them on last years form [with the pies being grand finalists] and not on FORM this year, i know richmond are ordinary but so are collingwood.

[ This Message was edited by: goldmember on 2004-08-02 13:52 ]
Old 2nd August 2004, 02:05 PM
Suspended

We collect data and use said data to forecast future events.This weekends results results were BULL********.Don't tell me the Swans a a 4 goal better team than the Lions.And,whatever you do Mr J,don't tell it to the bookies or they will take you to the cleaners.
There is no point in analyzing the weekends results to gain knowledge.Mr J.I think your missus puts too much starch in your shirts.Bend a little bit.Yes I know Ajax was beaten at 40 to 1 on,but we don't have to dwell on it.
A mechanical approach to AFL is very dangerous.I've been doing it for over 10 years and my profit in that time is not what the system says they should be.How do you input emotion into your system.Not easy.But it is possibly the main ingredient as to how results pan out.
But a winning system is a winning system,and if you have more money now than you had prior to Round 1,keep on keeping on.But remember there are more ways than one of skinning a cat.Or a Rabbit.
Old 2nd August 2004, 02:28 PM
Banned

Moeee, J didn't say the swans were a 4 goal better side, he had them + 23.5 wich i thought was a good bet also,i thought the lions would just beat them, but thats old news now, lets think about next week.
Old 3rd August 2004, 09:07 AM
Banned

Moe, Brisbane might be an awesome team but they didn't deserve a start that large.

As to 'emotion', that is the last thing you should be using when you bet. Any gut feelings, emotions etc should be locked deep inside you.

A 'mechanical' system can still include things like motivation, injuries, weather etc. It can include everything it needs to. It should never include your emotions.

By emotion I assume you mean something like "team X has been playing very well, but I just think today they will get their asses kicked". Thoughts/views are useless unless you have an angle or data to back them up.

If you said something like "team X has been playing very well, but a few straight games on the road and a few key injuries will take it's toll. Against a full strength class side they will struggle" now that's acceptable :wink: That's using info to come up with your opinion, which means it is an informed opinion. Uninformed opinions just won't make money in sports. These include 'emotion' and gut feelings.
Old 3rd August 2004, 03:36 PM
Suspended

Emotion means for example.
Boys!.The coach has just been sacked.He deserves better than that.Let's do it for Schwabby!.