Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 17th April 2005, 10:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz
As for people being advantaged, you still have to find the winners. Just because people will be able to bet any day of the week, it doesn't necessarily mean they'll get any more winners

If we were doing it on profit then it wouldn't be a disadvantage, but we are doing it on winnings so it is an advantage if you bet more.
Old 17th April 2005, 10:36 AM

But people will still only be able to have 12 horses Chuck. If you pick 12 Saturday metro horses, you should really get the same number of runs out them as if you pick 12 Country midweek horses. The only advantage would be if you pick horses that tend to run every single week therefore giving you more chance to win. But basically, you simply pick 12 horses that you think can win races in the near future, and now you won't miss out no matter where the trainer decides to run them.
Old 17th April 2005, 11:21 AM

When you fellas sort it all out, don't forget to let the rest of us know what is going on with this on again, off again, re-shaped, re-worked etc comp
Old 17th April 2005, 12:50 PM

Red face

Paddy, check out Post number 153 on page 16.
Old 17th April 2005, 05:48 PM

Ok lets get this straight for myself and everyone else I guess.

Sportz anyone who is currently in the comp can basically dump all of the horses out of the stable which they have now and start all over if they wish to. also from now on we can bet any day of the week and have the ability to make 2 changes per week aswell. and this is all effective as of today the only other thing I want to clarify when does the week begin and end and what time do changes have to be made by if there is a deadline.
Old 17th April 2005, 05:48 PM

Sportz I amnot having a go at you or anything just want to make sure I have it right and it might clarify it for a few more people.
Old 17th April 2005, 06:07 PM

As I said to Paddy, have a look at Post 153 on Page 16 of this thread. Then hopefully you should be right

Yes, anybody that's in the comp can pick an entirely new stable if they wish. This stable must be posted on here by Midnight Friday Apr 22 OR by Midnight the day before your next horse runs. For example, if you want to include a horse in your stable that's running tomorrow, then you have to post your stable by Midnight tonight.

You don't have to change your stable if you don't want to. You can leave it exactly how it is if you like. Just tell me you're keeping it the same and you can start using it the following day. Anybody that hasn't posted a new stable by Midnight Friday Apr 22, will simply continue using their original one from Saturday Apr 23.

Our betting weeks go from Saturday to Friday. Starting from Apr 29, you can change your stable every Friday. If you have a stable runner on Friday, you have to wait until after it's run to change your stable. Otherwise any time on Friday up till the cutoff time of Midnight.

Last edited by Sportz : 17th April 2005 at 06:16 PM.
Old 17th April 2005, 06:15 PM

Thanks Sportz sorry for being a pain in the ass
Old 17th April 2005, 06:20 PM

Don't worry. It's really my own fault for not getting it right in the first place.
Old 17th April 2005, 07:49 PM

Red face

Oh no. Sorry Paddy. Please don't look at the result of Kalgoorlie R6.