Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st April 2005, 02:48 PM

Default THE STABLE CHALLENGE

Okay, a new idea for us here. The idea of this comp is to pick a 'stable' of horses to follow over the next couple of months. The challenge will go from Apr 9 to June 13. The idea is to try to pick horses you think will be able to win races on metropolitan tracks on Saturdays and Public Holidays over that period.

RULES

Closing time for posting your stable is Midnight Friday Apr8. You need to pick 12 horses for your stable, 6 'Group A' horses and 6 'Group B' horses.

During the period of the comp, you'll be having hypothetical bets on all of your stable horses whenever they start at one of our nominated meetings. You'll bet either $20 Win or $10 EW on all Group A horses and you'll have either $10 Win or $5 EW on all Group B horses. You decide on the day of the race if you want to back them Win or EW.

On May 8 a 'trading period' will begin where you can replace up to 3 of your stable horses with new selections for the rest of the comp. Closing time for this is Midnight Fri May 13. During this time, you are also allowed to swap your A & B horses around if you wish, as long as you continue to have 6 of each.

It is up to you to post all your stable runners on here when they are down to race. Probably a good idea to use something like the 'Racenet Blackbook' so you don't miss any of the selections. http://www.racenet.com.au/blackbook.asp

There are 14 racedays and 67 meetings we will be able to use for the competition. If one of our horses wins a race at another meeting during the competition period, it's just bad luck.

Here are the meetings we'll be betting on:
Sat Apr 9 (Doom, W.Frm, Caul, Morp, Belm)
Sat Apr 16 (E.Frm, Rose, Flem, Chel, Belm)
Sat Apr 23 (Doom, Rand, Caul, Chel, Belm)
Mon Apr 25 (E.Frm, Rand, Flem, V.Pk, Belm)
Sat Apr 30 (Doom, Rose, Sand, Morp, Belm)
Mon May 2 (Doom, Cant)
Sat May 7 (E.Frm, Rose, Flem, Morp, Belm)
Sat May 14 (G.Cst, Rand, Sand, Morp, Belm)
Mon May 16 (Ipsw, Cant, Flem, Morp, Belm)
Sat May 21 (Doom, Rose, M.Val, Chel, Belm)
Sat May 28 (Doom, Rose, Flem, Chel, Belm)
Sat June 4 (E.Frm, Rose, Sand, Chel, Belm)
Sat June 11 (E.Frm, Rand, Flem, Morp, Belm)
Mon June 13 (E.Frm, W.Frm, M.Val, Morp, Belm)

Obviously, the one whose stable has made the most money after June 13 will be the champ. Good luck with it.

Last edited by Sportz : 1st April 2005 at 03:14 PM.
Old 1st April 2005, 06:24 PM

good stuff mate....thats what i am doing right now so think i will be in this....a little different from what i am doing but still will give it ago
Old 1st April 2005, 09:29 PM

Yea I would be in this for sure looks real interesting
Old 2nd April 2005, 09:18 AM
Banned

i'm in
Old 2nd April 2005, 10:16 AM

Thumbs up

I'm a starter for this Sportz.
Old 5th April 2005, 02:31 PM

Red face

A few days to go. I hope we will have more than just 5 of us in the comp.

Is anyone ready to post their stables yet? I still have a few spots to sort out with mine.
Old 5th April 2005, 02:47 PM

I'm happy to participate, no good having only a paltry amount in. But how are we supposed to pick out horses that are to run 6 weeks in advance? Especially in the dreaded winter months, I'm not realy going to have an idea of who will be running..
Old 5th April 2005, 03:04 PM

So you can pick any horse/s. Doesn't matter what class they may be racing in?
Old 5th April 2005, 03:14 PM

Well, that's the trick Mecurial. It's not meant to be easy.

Read all the recent articles in the papers or on the racing websites like Racenet or AAP RacingAndSports. They will often tell you which horses are being targetted for which races in the next couple of months. Also try to catch up with the racing news on your local racing station if you can.

Alternatively, go through the races from the last couple of Saturdays and look for horses which have had just 1-3 runs back from a spell and have been impressive or unlucky. Look for the horses that just seem to be building up to a win in the near future.

I've also given you a headstart by allowing you to wait until Friday night to post your stable of horses. That means you can look at the form guide and pick some horses you think will win this Saturday. It also means you should be able to pick out a few horses which are perhaps resuming from a spell or maybe have had 1 or 2 runs back and therefore will be aimed at big races over the next couple of months.

Hope all that helps.

Last edited by Sportz : 5th April 2005 at 03:17 PM.
Old 5th April 2005, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
So you can pick any horse/s. Doesn't matter what class they may be racing in?

Yes. As long as they will be running at metropolitan meetings on Saturdays and public holidays. Won't be much good if they run in a midweek maiden at Gosford or Bendigo or something.