Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 4th February 2012, 09:01 AM

Smile FVRatings 2012 Update

Good Day Shaun,
yes, this trying to sort out the form and coming up with workable ratings and prices is always going to be a 'work in progress'situation.

The availability of the criteria values (Tables) sheet is great. Lets the user experiment with different combinations of values.
I guess there is no right or wrong way to rate horses. It all comes down to the users's ideas on which criteria is the most important..
I created my base rating from the average prizemoney of each horse. I know the API is basically this, However, I assigned a base rating to each horse based on the average prizemoney base rating gained from a scale I set-up, from 45 (the worst - catered for low class horses with an average prizemoney of less than 1K, to 60 (the best - catered for the champs of our sport - the Kingston Towns, Octagonals, and Lonhros). the rest of the horses were allocated a rating between these figures (naturally all done authomatically with excel). Then the Plus and Minus of the other form aspects were applied, giving me a final rating for each horse in the race. This was then priced (rating differences converted into the decimal differences and the price calculated from this).
I used these figures for race to race betting at the track, or exotics at home. All worked very well until I had the problem with Unitab re-configuring their website a few years ago. However, with this spreadsheet, I can resume building what I perceive to be a good rating method. As stated before, if I happen to have some long term on-going success, I will share it with all on this forum.

Shaun, with regards to the results sheet, does this update with the results automatically?
Also, the listings of the rated races on this sheet, can they have the race times inserted somewhere and then sorted by race times, to give you a progressive list of events by time, rather than by meeting. Maybe this could be an option, rather than the current meeting by meeting listings. Just a thought. Anyway, once again, thanks for your efforts (and all the other members who have contributed). I'm sure this spreadsheet will mature into an essential tool for rating horses in a quick and efficient manner.

Have good day Shaun.. Talk to you soon.

gsdanger