Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 7th May 2018, 05:28 PM

Default memory lane

Hi Neil & DD2002....we can probably recall pouring over Sportsman to work out our old mechanical systems.
Here is one for old times sake which like most had it's ups and downs. For interest only.....I think from the Sixties...

1. If there is a last start winner in the first three TAB numbers it is the selection providing that:
{a**** It has raced within 10 weeks
{b**** It is the only one of the three to have won it's last start

2. If more than one of the three TAB numbers is a last start winner and the win is within 10 weeks, the selection is made as follows:
{a**** The selection is the horse that won over the exact distance last start
{b**** If two, or all three, won over the exact distance, or none did, then the selection is the lowest TAB number....e.g. if TAB1 & 3 won over the exact distance last start the selection is number 1....if only TAB 2 won over the exact distance last start within 10 weeks it is the selection

3. If there is no selection for rules 1 & 2, take TAB numbers 4 & 5 .
Go no further, but apply the same rules to these two horses.
Obviously, if they bothy qualify, TAB4 is the selection.

4. In weight for age races, the rules are different.....
{a**** The selection is the horse that won at the exact distance last start. If more than one, take the lowest TAB number....all TAB numbers are eligible
{b**** If no qualifier, the selection is the last start winner that has won at the distance **** d or c in ************
{c**** If still no qualifier, the selection is the lowest TAB number that won last start

Not as complicated as it might first appear but one of many..

For old times sake

Enjoy

Midas
Old 7th May 2018, 07:28 PM

hi midas.hhmmm..cant say to much re copyright---but did that systems name start with av###er..ah yes as the old dics-jockeys used to say--"a blast from the past"--"gone from the charts but not from our hearts"--"a chime from time"..all jokes aside i LOVED that mag..i know they were over the top with their "lastest and greatest" systems..but when you had a look at the rules with their systems..there was no "silly" rules like it must have white feet--etc etc..yes i bought some of them and also picked up some for next to nothing on e-bay...was i looking for the system that would keep me rich in retirement??no just interested in the rules and how they came about..i have a pen/web pal who swears by --"the go#### k#y by them..cheers and good health to all i think good health is better then say good punting....as dave allen used to say"may YOUR god be with you"..
Old 8th May 2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
.i have a pen/web pal who swears by --"the go#### k#y by them.
I've heard of that one but never managed to find it or how it works. Apparently has made a profit for years. Don't know how true that is or, if it is, how much you'd have to bet on each selection to make it worthwhile.
Old 8th May 2018, 04:36 PM

Hi THEOLDGUY

You have got a much better memory than me to pick up on that system after all these years. On second thoughts it might have been the fifties......given away with a copy of the magazine not sold as a seperate item. Found it again poking through my old collection of systems.
Yes I agree re the old systems ...usually appeared logical ... and kept me entertained for many a year.
I am about to search for the system you mentioned. I think there may have been a few Kxx systems.
I posted this method on a nostalgic trip as an example of what we had in those days .....Definitely not to be followed as most provided entertainment and a challenge but not much profit.

To the good old days
Midas
Old 8th May 2018, 06:45 PM

Smile

Hi Midas,
Ah the good old days of systems.

Loved them all and piqued my interest in betting.

Do you remember this one from the same source.

Beaten Fav Last start .

Must have been odds on at that start,

Today Race

Must be Fav.

$2.50 +

Cheers,
Old 9th May 2018, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midas
Hi Neil & DD2002....we can probably recall pouring over Sportsman to work out our old mechanical systems.

...... and then came the searchable computer database (aka Mr Chrome et al). These tools have single-handedly sent the "systemateers" to the wall. "The Lost Dutchman Mine" remains lost, "The Bookies' Nightmare" remains in the Land of Nod, and George Street George has disappeared into obscurity.

Now it's a question of money management.
Old 9th May 2018, 11:06 AM

Smile

Yep too true.

Its simple enough to pick a good priced winner these days

How one manages their Bank is vital.

Cheers.
Old 9th May 2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkydog2002
Yep too true.

Its simple enough to pick a good priced winner these days

How one manages their Bank is vital.

Cheers.

I actually used to pick more long shots in the older days, more information these days that everyone has access to makes it harder.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 9th May 2018, 12:30 PM

And Jackpot Trifecta/s was heard more often.
Old 10th May 2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
I actually used to pick more long shots in the older days, more information these days that everyone has access to makes it harder.

You've implied that there were more longshots getting up in the older days. Have you got any proof? Given the percentage of favourites winning hasn't changed I doubt the percentage of longshots winning hasn't changed either.

If you've got anything contrary to that I'd love to see it.