Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie
Star, I was playing around with a system where I was using one column only. I deleted all the rest. I found that even after scratchings the positions could change later on. Not often, but sometimes. In the end out of frustration I gave up.

Another problem was, sometimes after a late scratching the neurals are not updated. This again caused frustration.
---------------

Thanks Bernie.

I wonder if they have some hidden factors inbuilt that could cause that. I had just rechecked before i saw your reply and realized two areas that could be a cause.

1. I had Jockey Ability listed as a 3. But If a looked too early and their was a jockey change or none listed, i suspect in that would cause an adjustment.

2. The same for Wet tracks. I had it down as a three, maybe they altered the neurals as the track conditions came in.
\
So, I have reduced both of those figures down to Zero. The do not affect my system really, others the Neurals are just are starting point before my own filters.

I suspect I could just use any on line free rating service and go from their.

Thanks.

ps.

The odd changes are annoying though, I am pleased you picked up on it and I do not think Gary has the answer himself or he may have just misunderstood what i was trying to say.