Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Archive > Online Poker Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th July 2005, 04:10 PM

Default Party Poker Questions

Has anyone else noticed strange things at party poker?

Since i withdrew money from my account my past 1500 or so hands have been discraceful and full of bad beats. Every decent hand i get is always beaten no matter what it is.

My full houses get beaten by 4 of a kind. My 3ok gets beaten by full houses and so on. I have all my hand logs for the past week and have just emailed party poker. I know poker is a fair bit of luck aswell as good play but damn i've never know so many bad beats in such a short time. Its happening that often its becoming predictable.
Old 21st July 2005, 10:18 AM

Ad another hand. 5Hands into a tourn and the only hand i played i flopped a straight went all in and got beaten by a flush when 4 diamonds showed up on the board. This is just happeneing to often to just be bad luck.
Old 21st July 2005, 03:33 PM

Racingnovice,

Have just joined, will keep an eye out. However i am not as brave as you as i don't play for real money - don't trust computer dealer, prefer to see the sneaky SOB in the flesh!

Old 21st July 2005, 03:33 PM

And again this is total crap. 9 hands into a tourn 1st hand played again i had K high flush and got beaten by full house.

This is happening every ************ hand i play now since i took money out of my account.
Old 21st July 2005, 03:37 PM

No money involved - why worry?

Old 21st July 2005, 03:40 PM

There is money involved. I just emailed party poker with a demand for answers. I can understand bad beats every now and then but every hand and always the first hand played comon? It's happened for over a week now.
Old 21st July 2005, 03:45 PM

Sorry, i thought you had withdrawn all your money. In that case i don't know what to say. Hows about playing with "Play Money" for a while to see if there is any change in your fortunes. I don't doubt what you are saying, it's just i find it hard to believe they would be so obviously stupid.

Old 21st July 2005, 03:48 PM

I did play with play money for a while. Went from well over $1mil play money down to 200k within an hr. I play fairly tight also so i dont play stupid hands.
Old 21st July 2005, 04:05 PM

If it is happening with play money as well - what do you do? Either this is the worst run of luck in history or something is going on. I must say though that i seem to lose steadily as well, win just enough to keep me from leaving but that could just be that i am crap at poker! This is why i would have serious reservations about giving these peolpe any hard $$$$$. You could always play with play money until your luck changes, try win back some of your real money and when you do, give them the two fingered salute as you leave.

Old 22nd July 2005, 05:37 AM

Default cash-out curse

Yes, I too have suffered through the "cash-out curse" at Party. Everytime I cashed out I would go on a run of bad beats for at least a week, sometimes longer, that would chew up the remainder of my bankroll. After re-depositing a couple of times and having the same thing happen, (build up my bankroll, cash out, bad beats galore) I decided cut my losses and pull the plug.

I moved my $ to Pokerchamps and Pokerroom. I like both but have had much more success at Pokerchamps. The software is a little different at first but once I got used to it, I prefer it over the others now (can run 6 tables in a single window). Pokerchamps currently has a 100% deposit bonus up to $250 if you are interested but the offer ends July 22.

Last edited by Management : 28th July 2005 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Contained commercial link.