Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st August 2010, 06:55 PM

Unhappy Calling OZDOC - Help!!!

Calling OZDOC - Help!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

download unitab horse data into excel spreadsheet - problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Evening OZDOC,

I have been having data download problems with the spreadsheet (Tomorrow racing today - 1st attachemnt). I received this spreadshet from you 5 or 6 years ago and have been using this spreadsheet, in concert with a spreadsheet I have created (2nd attachment) to analyse each horses current form and rate, sort and price them according to the rating figures derived from this analysis. I can rate a race in 1 minute. Works well.

Unfortunately, about 12 months ago, I upgraded to Microsoft Office 7 suite, and at the same time upgraded my PC. My PCs operating system is now Windows 7.

I thought this transition to office 7 and windows 7 was the reason for my spreadsheets not functioning. Maybe not. Might be that the unitab site might have been upgraded, or re-configured.

Obviously, you will be familiar with the workings of the first spreadsheet (originally yours), so could you possibly have a look, the attached spreadsheet (tomorrow racing today) and see if you can get it to download the detailed form from the unitab site. Currently, the spreadsheet works in a limited way. It downloads the abbreviated form available but not the detailed form.(the spreadsheet should also be populated to the right of column ‘Z’ also). Obviously the ‘Get external Date’ functions are working, however it seems that there is some sort of limiting factor (maybe with the unitab site) that is precluding the detailed form to be downloaded in it’s entirety.

Normally, when this spreadsheet obtains all the detailed form, I minimise it and open my other spreadsheet (KwikPick Form Analysis). All I have to do then is input all the day and race data on the main page (including the race date), then go to the race I want to rate (hyperlinked to the relevant worksheet). Here I only need to input the following in the ‘red’ area: YYYY/MM/DD/XRXX for example: 2010/07/MR05 and press the ‘Get Data’ Button. All the form is then downloaded into this spreadsheet and assessed. I then press the ‘sort and Price the Selections’ button. The horses are sorted in highest rated order and priced accordingly.

I will be very greatful if you can assist me in getting this spreadsheet functioning correctly. Without it, I'm struggling to find an alternative web site to download appropriate data from, and am slowly dying on the punting vine. Please Help.....

Kind Regards.

gsdanger
Attached Files Tomorrow Racing Today.xls (1.05 MB, 41 views)
Old 7th August 2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdanger
Calling OZDOC - Help!!!!

Good Evening OZDOC,

Unfortunately, about 12 months ago, I upgraded to Microsoft Office 7 suite, and at the same time upgraded my PC. My PCs operating system is now Windows 7.
Are you saying that it didn't work for the entire 12 months since you upgraded? If so, then it's obviously the version of software at fault.

I'm no ************ on Excel, but I know that you can reinstall a previous version of Excel side by side with the one you have now, and use that one instead of the 2007 version. Or just unnistall the new one and install the previous one, I actually liked the 2003 version of Office better.

The TABs also change the format from time to time but not coincidentally with your upgrade.

Good luck
Old 9th August 2010, 01:20 PM
Suspended

Do you have an account with Unitab?

When I go to Unitab and try to see the Formguide, I only get a limited view because I don't have an account.

Perhaps your account has expired.
Old 10th August 2010, 09:06 PM

Smile Thanks for your responses...

Hi lomaca and moeee,

Thanks for your responses.

I tried using the download spreadsheet periodically during this 12 month period with only limited success (as stated, only downloading the abreviated form, not the extended form).

moeee, Yes I have a current unitab account. I have rang unitab and spoken at length with them with regards to this problem. The help desk wasn't very helpful.

lomaca, thanks for the idea of re-installing excel 2003 version. I'll try that. hopefully it may fix the problem. I've just got to find my copy of the excel 2003!.

Will let you guys know how I went. Hopefully success will be forthcoming.

If I am unsuccessful with this, I guess I'll just have to locate another source of detailed downloadable form and use that.

Once again, thanks for your ideas.
Old 11th August 2010, 09:35 PM

Hi

If you are unsuccessful email me i have some contact with the person you are seeking.

cheers
Ubetido
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,but rather to skid in sideways, BEER in one hand- PIZZA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO!
Old 12th August 2010, 09:29 PM

Smile Hi ubetido

Thanks for your interest in assisting me in my problem.

I had intended to re-install excel 2003 and see if that would fix my problem, as Iomaca had suggested. Unfortunately, I have misplaced my copy of the 2003 microsoft office suite cd, so cannot test to see if the older version allows full download from the unitab site.

would love to have another copy of the tommorrow today racing"" spreadsheet that has been tested and works with excel version 2007.

ubetido (was a great racehorse!), I do not have your e-mail address, as you requested I e-mail you so you could speak to probably OZDOC on my behalf.
do You want my e-mail address?

Kind Regards.

gsdanger
Old 13th August 2010, 02:39 PM
Suspended

Where on the spreadsheet should the missing data be printed?
Should it be on spreadsheet "tomorrow Racing Today' Data, Form , or Datacollection SHEET?

As you have an account with Unitab, have you been to the Unitab website since your Upgrade Period?
Your cookies may have been deleted or expired or something.
It seems they only last 30 days.
You may try going to the Unitab Website, Log In to your account , and your cookies will be updated , and then try running your spreadsheet to see if it now works.
Old 13th August 2010, 03:29 PM

Smile Hi Moeee,

Thanks for your thoughts..
The info should be populated on the 'Data' worksheet. At the moment, when I run the macro, it populates through to column AA (that's the abreviated form). It should populate right through to column ÉX with all the detailed form.
The fact that the abreviated form is being downloaded proves that the macro is actually working, but there seems to be something that restricts the full download from occurring.
I don't touch the ''Data Collection, 'Form'' or 'Workmeout' workbooks. However, I have noticed on the 'Form' worksheet that the usual horse data has been replaced with a notification from the Unitab site!
The notification states I need a Unitab account and be logged on to gain access to the detailed information... I have done all this, to no avail. Normally this page has race form information on it instead of this notification.

I have deleted all my cookies and then re-visited the Unitab site. Still no joy...

Your thoughts???
Old 13th August 2010, 03:47 PM
Suspended

So when you go to the Unitab Website, can you access the webpage that contains the detailed Form that you are looking for?

I can't as I have no account with Unitab.

If you can , then it would seem it is your Program and not that the data no longer exists.

EDIT : and is it the wet track Form , and the distance form that is missing from each runner?
If that is what you are missing, can you find that information if you visit the Unitab website

Last edited by moeee : 13th August 2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 14th August 2010, 06:10 AM

Smile Hi Moeee,

When I go to the Unitab website and log on, I can access all the detailed form. It just won't download all this detailed form into the spreadsheet.

It seems strange that when I run the macro to download the detailed form into the 'Tomorrow Racing Today' spreadsheet, it downloads the abreviated form and not the detailed form. The macro is working, but there is some impediment to allowing all the form to be downloaded. I think it might be a problem with the Unitab site with regards to how it is defining my account, as when the download worked correctly in the past, I did not have that notification appearing on the 'Form'worksheet. I will ring the help desk today and see if I can ascertain from them if my account is actually being read as fully active.

Thanks for you assistance Mooeee, hopefully I can get a positive response from Unitab today.

Will Post the outcome here later..

Regards... gsdanger