Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st February 2012, 12:25 AM

Default NSW TAB Live Odds help needed

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble trying to get info from NSW TAB live odds. By trouble I mean I wouldn't have a clue where to start. I have been trying to understand how it all works, but it is going way over my head at the moment. I can get the fields etc from Tatts (UniTab?) xml feed mainly thanks to their example they give you. Why can't the NSW TAB do that?! It would make it a little easier!

Any help people could give me, even if it's just getting the Access Key, would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris.
Old 1st February 2012, 03:54 AM

You need to use a web query to pull the data in, you will also need a way to manipulate the race number and venue.

I would set it up in a drop down list then add today's markets with the variables needed.

Here is a simple web query macro

Code:
Public Function ExecuteWebRequest(url As String) As String Dim oXHTTP As Object Set oXHTTP = CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP") oXHTTP.Open "GET", url, False oXHTTP.send ExecuteWebRequest = oXHTTP.responseText Set oXHTTP = Nothing End Function

Code:
Public Function outputtext(text As String) Dim MyFile As String, fnum As String MyFile = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\temp.txt" fnum = FreeFile() Open MyFile For Output As fnum Print #fnum, text Close #fnum End Function

Code:
Sub Race() Application.ScreenUpdating = False With ThisWorkbook .Sheets("Prices").Select Range("BJ1:BU100").Select Selection.ClearContents formhtml = ExecuteWebRequest(ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Control").Range("AL4").Value) outputtext (formhtml) Set temp_qt = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Prices").QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _ "URL;" & ThisWorkbook.Path & "\temp.txt" _ , Destination:=ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Prices").Range("$BJ$1")) With temp_qt .Name = False .FieldNames = True .RowNumbers = False .FillAdjacentFormulas = False .PreserveFormatting = False .RefreshOnFileOpen = False .BackgroundQuery = True .RefreshStyle = xlOverwriteCells .SavePassword = False .SaveData = True .AdjustColumnWidth = False .RefreshPeriod = 0 .WebSelectionType = xlSpecifiedTables .WebFormatting = xlWebFormattingNone .WebTables = """BetGrid_DGTableOne""" .WebPreFormattedTextToColumns = True .WebConsecutiveDelimitersAsOne = True .WebSingleBlockTextImport = False .WebDisableDateRecognition = False .WebDisableRedirections = False .Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False End With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Item(1).Delete Set temp_qt = Nothing Kill ThisWorkbook.Path & "\temp.txt" If ThisWorkbook.Connections.Count > 0 Then ThisWorkbook.Connections.Item(ThisWorkbook.Connect ions.Count).Delete .Sheets("Control").Activate Application.ScreenUpdating = True End With End Sub

This is the formula i have in cell AL4
=IF(AK2="","","http://www.tab.com.au/Racing/Betting/StandardBets/PlaceStandardBet.aspx?State=1"&"&MeetingCode="&AN2&"&RacingCode="&AO2&"&FromDate="&TEXT(AS1,"yyyy-mm-dd")&"T00:00:00&BetType=Win&RaceNumber="&AL3)

The parts in red are the variables like what state meeting codes date and race number.

There is a lot more involved but this would work if you stuck it in a sheet and added the variables at the correct locations with the same sheet names.

You can run multiple macros pulling in different info, you only need the first 2 macros once you don't need them for each query.
Old 1st February 2012, 09:30 PM

Hi Shaun,

Just wondering if this VBA code you have uploaded is doing a simple screen scrape of a race, or is actually using the Live Odds WSDL and methods?

Only reason I ask is that I didn't even know you could call SOAP Web services through VBA (if in fact, you are using the SOAP services).

Neurokahuna
Old 2nd February 2012, 05:45 PM

Thanks Shaun for your reply, I will give it a go and have a play around with a few things to get the info I need.

It would be a lot easier to do it your way than through the Live Odds SOAP web service. Although if anyone knows how to go about it I would still like to know just out of interest.

Cheers,
Chris.
Old 2nd February 2012, 05:58 PM

My way is simple screen scrap, downloads to a temp txt file then pastes it in excel.

It has only been in the last 12 months i have changed the way i get web info using the CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP") method, the speed difference is huge.

I have used the xml feeds before but unless you know what to look for can be a bit harder to get the info and not all sites use xml.

I started a thread here http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=23333 to try and help people understand the web query.