Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 21st April 2006, 08:46 PM
Banned

Default Eagle Farm Saturday

Race 1.
Bunch of non winners here. You'd think this is a perfect race for Motivate but its hard to get motivated about him of late. Celtic Trial seems to have lost it but near his best he beats these,....Rue the Saint ridden too forward last start and Danefull should set a nice tempo for him. I don't like the race much but Motivate was doing his best work late last start and from the good barrier with an inform McMahon and a claim he looks the one. Rue the saint and Loughnan the next best.

Race 2.
Jennifer Anne won well at Ipswich last start..has a good barrier and should get a nice run. Divinity Dach chased home the impressive Ascendant...these 2 look ones..

Race 3.
Heaps of speed on here... Is Emit time with the awkward barrier and a new trainer a risk ? Foolish a stack of weight...Bold Reason without the benifit of a nice barrier..Sequestrate sitting off the speed has a good sprint..suited
here on this track.. Les Jeaux Desprit from the inside will give alot of cheek...i'd still lean towards Emit Time as i think hes better ridden off the pace anyway and Byrne's a big plus.....Sequestrate the big danger and i'm expecting a good run by Foolish who probably wants it a bit longer.. hes a big horse so the weight shouldnt worry him to much..

Race 4.
Colins Party looks one of the best on the card..massive run last start and looks very hard to beat..Fiery Sunset fresh could run a good race and is helped by the comeback of Gary Palmer..Grand Lover who was sound last start will be running on.These look the 3 by a margin. Colins Party the one to beat.

Race 5.
The big push is for Vietnam who did it very easy last start at the Sunny Coast alot of good judges are hopping on the bandwagon...I thought My Flight looked good here..she's ultra consistant and has been hitting the line hard ..Gallaway is riding better than ever and looks a genuine chance .. Prend is suited here at E/F,, Byne will just have to get her out and in plenty of room and is at nice e/w odds...

Race 6.
Fantastic race this..How impressive was La Montagna last start..just picked them up and dumped them with ease last start and gets the tempo and the bigger track to do it all over again....Coincidental is a class act loves the track,distance is good 1st up and has JB on board...A good roughie here is Sweet Ransom this horse was scratched last week for a go at this ,,
Bailey has Coincidental as well so to take on this race he must think there isnt much between them..Sweet Ransom last start gave Mr Sportsman weight and with clear running beats him..thats good form....Love and Money and Devils inside in the hunt as well...a hard race ..but a good one for the exotics..If La Montagna gets to a price i'll be on...but have Sweet ransom e/w and in your tris ect..and have Coincidental very safe.

Race 7.
Hard to go past Any Suggstion but hes short,,..He wont get the easy lead hes had of late as Tornado Alley will lead this and he just rolls along ..Any suggestion will have to take the sit with Single Rose not far away ...Should be a nice tempo that brings the big guns into this race,,horses like Showbizkid, Nessuno, Proudly Agro ,,who love the fast pace ..I'm a fan of Nessuno..the horse is suited on this track and distance and i have him sitting about 4th with cover....He always seems to start at good e/w odds for horse with such a good strikerate...the good track suits..Deuxieme was good to me last prep..keep him safe but hes better over a bit longer..Any Suggestion will start short and deserves to but i'll take him on tomorrow against some class and the fact he wont have it his own way upfront.

Race 8.
Legendary Man even with the wide barrier looks a bit better than this lot..Not much of a price though...Scenic wells is honest and Maizy May hasnt done much wrong...also Serenote has no weight and has a better sprint than most here..not sure about 1600m ?? ..a good roughie in this is Tycoon Rose..should be 50's but she was butchered last start and could run a cheeky race here with finally a good jockey on board,,.value for the trifecta..
Alot of honest horses in this race except for Legendary Man who is the class runner would want 4's ?.....I'll be on the Rosie e/w aswell

Best Bets... Colins Party, La Montagna, Legendary Man
Best E/W's ... My Flight, Nessuno

Hoping for better luck than i've had this week..could stop a frieght train lately...

Good Luck All
Old 21st April 2006, 08:59 PM

Star Shiraz my best bet for tomorrow in sydney.

good luck
Jerrymcguire
Old 21st April 2006, 09:16 PM
Banned

Hi Jerry..i like Star Shiraz aswell..Octapussy a danger but the Shiraz is all class and can handle weight aswell..hope i dont jinx her for you ..back her on the NSW tab as they always underestimate the northerners.

Sydney
Newport, Fighting Fund, Lachlan River, Star Shiraz
Melbourne
Millie Rose
New Zealand
Desert Flight
Adelaide
Soveriegn Miss, Royal Ida
Ballina
Catfish, King Croesus
Old 21st April 2006, 09:23 PM

Thumbs up

Gday Mav, I know the owner of soveriegn miss and there pretty confident. Ill be there helpin' ya cheer it over the line. Hope the bookies gamble on it 2morrow, anything around the 5's that its showing in todays paper is VERY good value as far as im concerned. The only thing I dont like is changing the jockey all the time.

good luck tomorrow...
Old 21st April 2006, 09:53 PM

G'day Mav,

Quality days racing at EF tomorrow, can't wait. Nice weather for it too...

Race 1 - Bad race to start off with. Celtic Trial gets one more chance. If he can't win this, they should retire him. Motivate gets to the right journey, but will the speed be on? I doubt it. Kayezed isn't hopeless either, up to a staying trip.

Race 2 - Well it seems after the run of Attemptation at Doomben the other day, the media have jumped all over her. I'm going to stick and pick her tomorrow from the good gate, although she is not a good betting opportunity....will be way unders. You'd think Divinity Dash would enjoy the long straight at EF and the likely hot pace here. Can get home hard at the death. Bareena is a place chance at odds too, fresh from a spell.

Race 3 - Stack of speed here. I don't mind the chances of Foolish, even with the weight. I think he'll camp just off them and pounce at the 200m. Emit Time is quality and you can never discount him around this course. He won't be far off. Red Hot Pistol is an improving type who goes alright. COuld sneak into a placing at big odds.

Race 4 - Thought Rampant Lion was a show here, in another race for non-winners. Has shown good ability in the past and the claim helps. Colin's Party hasn't lived up to the hype around him early on, but this isn't strong. Place chance i spose. Fiery Sunset isn't a bad galloper from a good stable and has the nice alley.

Race 5 - Prend. Will love the mile here and Byrne will ensure she gets the perfect run. I like her a fair bit. Vietnam is a nice improving horse, although this is a bit tougher than the Sunshine Coast. That being said, the run last time was pretty impressive. Charvicky was a good winner, allbeit after being given all the favours in the run. She will enjoy the mile and the long EF straight though. Nice place chance.

Race 6 - Now the good races start. I like Coincidental. She really showed great form last time in, culminating in the good win down the Coast on millions day. And Colless gets replaced by Byrne - not a bad replacement i guess. La Montagna was a good win last time, but not having won at EF and the alley worry me a little. Still, she is quality and can overcome that with some luck in running. Devil Inside draws the inside here and won't have to lead. She can take a sit and power at them late. Great chance.

Race 7 - I could make a case for any of them (except maybe for Amex, i would never support backing that horse). I've settled on Daunting Lad. He's a quality horse and can go well fresh. The alley should see him positioned close to the lead and can pounce when Any Suggestion starts to weaken. I think Any Suggestion is a nice chance, but i really doubt his ability to run the strong 1200m. He's unders for mine. Show Biz Kid has loads of ability, he just needs the speed on. He should get it tomorrow, so watch for him late.

Race 8 - Think Devastating might be a chance. He's classes above these, fitness is the worry though. I can remember him demolishing a field like this over 1800m here a year or so back. If he returns to that, i think he wins. Malta is a good honest type. He won't disappoint backers. Serenote is finding a habit of running on down the outside into 4th or 5th, but she has ability and there should be enough speed here to give her the opportunity to win.

Good days racing tomorrow. Hope you all have some luck.

Sven
Old 21st April 2006, 11:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bet
Gday Mav, I know the owner of soveriegn miss and there pretty confident. Ill be there helpin' ya cheer it over the line. Hope the bookies gamble on it 2morrow, anything around the 5's that its showing in todays paper is VERY good value as far as im concerned. The only thing I dont like is changing the jockey all the time.

good luck tomorrow...

Yep i think she'll be running down the outside and thats the place to be with rail back in the true..AP doesnt have to do much..drop her out and come wide ..really like Royal Ida but i think she might be unders

Hi Sven ..i'm glad your taking on Any Suggestion..i thought i'd be the only one ..going to be a great race. ...
with Devastating i thought the same as you.might lack a run or 2,,they'll be looking at bigger fish than this race...class will carry him along way though..
still like Legendary Man..saw a replay of his last run..he should have won.very unlucky....

Good luck tomorrow...
Old 22nd April 2006, 08:35 AM

Race 1: Like most I feel that if Motivate is going to win a race again this is it's chance just a terrible race to start the day off but I guess you have to start somewhere.

Race 2: I amnot going to bet in this race but I will be watching one down the bottom La Figlia Minardi outside of that no interest in the race at all.

Race 3: I thought the change of stable for Emit Time just might be what was needed he is obviously a horse with a bit of talent but just hasnot been able to deliver it all that often on the track, I am also interested to see how Disintegrate goes.

Race 4: Argyle Gem and Colin's Party are 2 I like a bit here They both can hit the line at a rate of knots but I guess if I had to make a choice it might be Colin's Party with Stubbie Holder on top, Don't mind Matt Palmer claiming 2 on Argyle Gem either though.

Race 5: I have always been a big fan of Prend can let go of a dynamic sprint at times and there should be a bit of pace on in this race the other I don't mind the look of is Legal Engagement with Holder on top again she looks to have some talent this horse.

Race 6: Unbelievably it is Stubbie Holder again this time on Love and Money with a near faultless 1st up record and should get into a nice position off a pretty good pace. Sweet Ransom is another big chance they could litterally be coming from everywhere in this race.

Race 7: To many horses I like in this race however most of them are not fresh horses Show Biz Kid would just about be my fav QLD horse these days I am just not sure about him 1st up will depend on the odds there, Daunting Lad is the horse with the perfect draw and the ability to use it never been a fan of the horse but simply has to be a chance in this. Outside of that I couldn't rule anything out great race.

Race 8: Been a huge fan of Legendary Man for a while now however this time I feel the odds just might be a little skinny for my liking will wait and see there outside of him I like Serenote and Malta if I had to choose between those 2 it would probably Serenote.

Sydney
I don't mind Outback Prince e/w 1st up good horse in a race there looks to be a stack of speed in, in the Champagne I don't mind Gallant Tess looks to be over the odds at the moment in my opinion should be a good e/w bet don't mind Down the Wicket to, Lachlan River looks extremely hard to beat in the Cup be very surprised if he isn't in the finish.

Adelaide
One bet here I think Raid the Royals this has to be a chance in this race big class drop on his last run.

Good Luck all
Old 22nd April 2006, 10:57 AM

G'day guys,

Thought Rampant Lion was a good thing in the 4th at EF, saw its barrier trial at Deagon and was never really tested and was only beaten length and a half by Single Rose who was pushed, seems the only class horse in the race besides Colin's Party.

Thought Con's Amy might be a sly one in the 7th, might get a good run just in behind them, and has shown recently it can handle the class.

In Sydney i like: A Country Girl, Newport, Lachlan River and Cinque Cento.

Adelaide i like: Aptitry, Tivation**** and Parmar Day

Best of luck everyone.

And remember a profit a day keeps the Girlfriend/Wife away.
Old 22nd April 2006, 11:58 AM

Only 2 mins before start but for interest just backed e/w aidain James in the 1st

good luck
Old 22nd April 2006, 12:06 PM

Good decision there Jerry, well done

Sven