Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th September 2001, 03:16 PM

I would suggest that Damien Oliver is the best jock that we will see in our lifetime. He is in impeccable form at the moment and has basically the pick of the crop in the big racers with all trainers trying to get him on their horses. Is there anyone better.??
PS I agree with the Justin Sheahan wraps but I don't think even he equates to Olivers ability.
Old 11th September 2001, 03:48 PM

Franga,
I agree Oliver is a great hoop but I don't believe he any better than Nash Rawiller - if Nash could ride at 53 he'd be anything. Check his strike rate out and watch how he positions horses and drives them at the finish.
Old 11th September 2001, 05:09 PM

Franga,
I could'nt agree with you more. there is no other hoop in Australia that you would want to see on your horse. In my opinion it is Oliver then daylight to the next jock, but i am sure there might be a few who disagree.
Old 11th September 2001, 07:04 PM

YOUR ALL RIGHT OF COURSE OLIVER IS THE BEST MELBOURNE HAS TO OFFER BUT ITS A SHAME HES RECORD OUT OF THE SOUTH IS SO TARDY STILL ,,YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE THE KING OF MELBOURNE AS ANYWHERE ELSE, BUT ITS A SHAME HES NOT LIKE THE PUMPER HE KICKS EM HOME ANYWHERE HE GOES STILL IM SURE THIS WILL PREVOKE A OUTCRY FROM OUR FRIENDS IN THE SOUTH SO,,BRING IT ON/////////PHANTOM
Old 11th September 2001, 07:31 PM

Phantom
Thought you might be interested to hear that the pumper Cassidy was on Melbourne radio this morning and overwhelmingly voted Melbourne as the best place to ride from a spectator appreciation point of view.
I do agree with you that all over Cassidy is very accomplished but if I had a nag racing for millions I would always attempt to get D Oliver to jump on board before others.
Old 12th September 2001, 09:55 PM

oliver best jockey weve ever seen? come on mate. the best jockey i have seen is simon marshall, strike rate of 25% in group races is untouchable. pity he had weight problems and had to retire, my easy money earner was gone and i had to start studying the form instead of just opening the paper on saturdays and just backing mr marshall. only my opinion and open to debate .. bris
Old 16th September 2001, 08:16 PM

He proved it yet again with his ride on Northerly. Good onya Ollie
Old 23rd September 2001, 07:37 PM

Yet again he did this time on Mr Murphy. What a ride.