Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 12th March 2003, 06:47 AM
Banned

What sort of turnover and %return are you getting???How many bets/week, how large are the bets??

Just wondering....this is just going to be a supplementary income for me (my other incomes are all gambling though), but I like each income to be large enough to live off comfortably (which all makes for one nice large income :wink:

I was just wondering what sort of growth rates are normal.
Old 12th March 2003, 10:45 PM

Jimmy

If your "other incomes are all gambling" and you need to ask how long a piece of string is, please post some more detailed info, I'd be fascinated!

I can - should I be inclined - demonstrate 200%+ profits -- and 800%+ profits.

But how long is that piece of string really?

Captain Max
Old 13th March 2003, 04:29 AM
Banned

Hmmm...

I am still confused with the pick%.

I've read on a reasonably professional forum that the mid 50's to 60% is a very good rate (well they gave me that impression).

I also have no idea how many bets are possible in a day/week/year. I've seen posts saying 30 in a day (this is the US).

I don't fully understand how SB works....

How do you calculate your profit% of total wagered. Where does the bookies cut come into it etc...

Just to hear this explained would clear any confusion from my head, and allow me to calculate profits for a BR

Old 13th March 2003, 05:17 AM
Banned

I think I'm starting to understand...I was getting pick%s mixed up with capping edges.

Makes sense now. If your picking 70% winners, where's the need for great capping skills?
Old 14th March 2003, 12:24 AM

Mr J,or Jimmy(as your mate Hugie calls you),you are certainly a cocky little prick,I have to give you that!! Ah,the confidence and exuberance of youth!I am a single Dad with a 14 year old son living with me,and you remind me of him,and vice versa!!If you are serious about betting and %,email me I have something that might be of interest to you
rondan@ledanet.com.au
Old 15th March 2003, 03:28 AM
Banned

Ahhh youth.

I dove into the deep end of this industry right away. Started playing BJ using progressions, thinking they could make me a million. I learnt to count well before I ever sat down at a table, but still used progressions. I quickly learnt they don't work.

So I began to make my money counting. Still, I customised my own progression (only wasting $100 on it), and that grew into 1k, which grew into 10k, then quite a bit more.

Then I decided to quit that while I was ahead, and focus on CC. I then soon started BHing (bonus hustling), and made quite a lot from it.

I have a large BR and a german car with a Flat 6 in it (those enthusiasts out there know the car I'm talking about). I'm only 20, sure I might have had a decent run in the beginning (not good luck, just my progression didn't bust often, and my wins were as large as my losses), but now I have a large amount of capital, and only play with an advantage. I realise as long as I keep it smart, I can have an extremely lavish lifestyle.

I'm just feeling good about it, which is why I might come off as cocky. But then again I'm young, and succesful. Modesty shouldn't be expected :wink:
Old 15th March 2003, 03:32 AM
Banned

BTW, BHing has brought me alot more money than CC at a much lower ROR. For all the counters out there, you should have tried it, you'd certainly be quite a bit wealthier.

As to being confident, I am in everything. I know I will succeed in gambling, I am good at risk&money management, and only bet when I have the advantage. On top of that, I have a large BR, and can cope with the fluctuations. It would take an act of God to take me out now.
Old 5th April 2003, 12:18 AM

Jimmy and Max.......
have you guys had a little tiff?
You don't seem to be talking to each other,would you like me to counsel you?Have you forgotten each others codes?Like Br,Ror,bh,200%v800%.....what about B.S.?????
Old 6th April 2003, 02:55 AM
Banned

a tiff? this is just a dead topic :wink:

Of course I know those 'codes'. I do gamble for a living you know.
Old 15th January 2004, 02:00 PM

Hi Mr J,

Can you (or someone) please explain what you mean by bonus hustling? Do you mean looking for enticements to gamble that increase the value of your bets?

Cheers,

~Lenny