Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 30th November 2005, 03:58 PM

Sportz,

Your've got a short memory....

In the late 1970's early 80's the ARU were heading for bankrupcy, the then NZRFU loaned the ARU large sums of money and even purchased your footy jerseys, we slotted in extra tours on our allready overcrowded seasons so as to give the ARU good gate returns to fill their coffers etc etc. and this we done for some years.

The only reason we believe the ARU voted for Japan is that the ARU are trying to start up a Provincial season which involves Japan so as to match ours as your footy season is terribly short and yes your players don't get enough footy, while our season is allready overcrowded and long, so we are unable to assist.

If my memory serves me right I think the ARU even voted against the Pacific Islands entering the Super 12 and this team to be based probably Sydney, this mate would have done Aussie rugby proud.

Japan a rugby nation !!!! It's only the huge Corporates that keep rugby alive with vast sums of money and plenty of Kiwi's and Aussies that would not make our national teams.

Surely Sportz one good turn deserves another.

Cheers mate.
Old 30th November 2005, 04:10 PM

Sportz,

Ment to mention that rugby is played in (at last count) 113 countries....not a hand full....watched a bit of Chinese rugby on our Rugby channel the other day, some big boys there too.
Old 1st December 2005, 12:55 PM
Banned

You guys get a rugby channel???

Yeh our season is too short and we do need that provincial comp (forget who else besides the 4 aus teams, japan). Really need a level between club and state.

The kiwis are just lucky that the aussies have 3 other football codes to worry about.
Old 1st December 2005, 03:44 PM

Talking

G'day Mr J....and it's a lovely day too,

Yeah mate, we've had a dedicated 24/7 rugby channel now for at least 3 years , also have a radio sport as well....'Kiwi' reckons we don't do too bad for 4 million people which you'd have to agree too.

Yes mate, you Aussies do need a tougher and longer rugby season to keep your players honed up and honest....pity about the Pacific Islands though.

Crikey mate don't wanna brag, but do you realise that the Kiwi's won the 'Out of Aussie' world championship for aerial pingpong staged in Melbourne a couple of months ago....I should'nt be disrespectful to Aussie Rules as I thoroughly enjoyed the game when I lived in Perth for quite some years and I always watch the grand final live every year on our TV.

Gotta goan drink somemore good Kiwi beer.

Cheers mate.
Old 1st December 2005, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirter
Ment to mention that rugby is played in (at last count) 113 countries....not a hand full

EXACTLY! That was my point!!! Rugby IS played in many countries, yet the honour of hosting the World Cup simply goes round and round amongst the same old countries every single time. This would have a brilliant opportunity for one of those other countries to host the event and I'm certain that a World Cup in Japan would have been terrific!
Old 2nd December 2005, 06:12 AM

Sportz,

Just for a start 95% of the countries could not, here is just a handfull of reasons....infastructure, money, stadia, patronage, grounds, and the list goes on and on....christ mate, there was serious doubts whether we could in 2011 and in a rugby mad country, whereby we can and will fill the stadiums in all the (about) 44 games that will be held throughout the country....at the end of the day it's all about money mate and the pulling-power of the host nation and team and the IRB dictates this and thats the reason we go it .

PREDICTION....Mckenzie will be the new Wallaby coach today.