Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th January 2018, 05:05 PM

A couple of things impacted the results today.

1. The loss last weekend which meant I was very careful on the selections and went a lot wider in the races.
2. Time

I didn't bet on as many races today as my life got in the way. Still I produced an acceptable profit for the time I put in for todays betting.

Todays Profit was : $240.

Week 1: $1770 Profit
Week 2: $8280 Profit
Week 3: $2100 Profit
Week 4: $3300 LOSS

Day 29: $240 Profit

Total Profit : $9,090 Profit
Old 20th January 2018, 08:50 PM

Smile

Going great guns.

Cheers.
Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkydog2002
Going great guns.

Cheers.

Yep doing ok. It could still be better though.
Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM

Week 1: $1770 Profit
Week 2: $8280 Profit
Week 3: $2100 Profit
Week 4: $3300 LOSS

Day 29: $240 Profit
Day 30: $300 Profit

Total Profit : $9,390 Profit

Nice easy profit today. Made the money on only 9 races which I was certain I had the winner in a few picks. Was far happier today as the races and the winners were easy to find.

If I could replicate what I did today every day I would be extremely happy. 2 Days of profit definitely helping to reinstate the confidence.

I might try to get a few done this week but it looks like a hectic week for me so might not be back till next Saturday.
Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM

Very interesting indeed. After your first loss you seemed to carry on unaffected and had a long period of success. You commented at the time the first loss was due to inattention, but it didn't appear to change your emotional state. However after your most recent loss you said you were very careful and went wide. I may have misread your emotions, but if I haven't then why did this recent loss make you take a deep breath and be extremely cautious?

If this insight into your betting activities hasn't hit home to all who have read it that punting is one tough caper then the world is indeed full of mugs. You've demonstrated that you need a supreme level of expertise, and, as your two losses have demonstrated, you need to be alert and attentive at all times. Your emotions need to be in check too.

This thread should make crystal seem opaque in comparison to the message here that you need to be the very best in all departments to win long term. I'd guess somewhere in the top 0.5% of serious punters win frequently.

The fact you know how much profit you should make beforehand demonstrates confidence in your ability to select suitable races to bet on and experience and knowledge of racing and markets to take advantage of the odds on offer.

With system betting you can measure recent performance against historical performance and make sure the results are within what's expected. There's no system that could replicate what you do, I'm sure there's a certain amount of "gut instinct" or subconscious knowledge that kicks in and allows you to further investigate a long shot, a horse dismissed by all except maybe the owners.

What percentage of "form" would you take into account? Trials, gear changes, vet reports.....

Good stuff UselessBettor, a great insight. I know you'll take my observations in good spirit