Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 10th December 2013, 08:56 PM

Default Are there any Bots that actually work on a consistent basis..

Are there any BOTS that actually work on a consistent basis and proven to have done so over a long period of time? If so, which work for you? I'm new to the whole idea, but I am interested to know if there are any that are legitimate, consistent money makers.

Are there any that exist that do 90% to all of the work for you? I'm probably going to answer my own question and guess "no", otherwise we'd all be rich!...
Old 10th December 2013, 09:05 PM

The answer to your question is, does your method of punting produce a constant profit?

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 10th December 2013, 09:09 PM

Mine does, yes, but doesn't require bots.
Old 10th December 2013, 09:13 PM

Pat,

I use bots all custom written.

If you can make a profit manually then you can create a bot to do the exact same thing if you know what your doing.

My thread on my journey to 100 units profit is all bot bets. I bet 24/7 and bet on IRE, UK, USA, FRA, UAE, NZ, AUS.

I bet on a lot of sports but mainly horse racing, trots and soccer.

I'm constantly adding new systems to my bots and working on them to increase profit.

Its nice waking up to a profit each morning from the overseas markets.
Old 10th December 2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
Pat,

I use bots all custom written.

If you can make a profit manually then you can create a bot to do the exact same thing if you know what your doing.

My thread on my journey to 100 units profit is all bot bets. I bet 24/7 and bet on IRE, UK, USA, FRA, UAE, NZ, AUS.

I bet on a lot of sports but mainly horse racing, trots and soccer.

I'm constantly adding new systems to my bots and working on them to increase profit.

Its nice waking up to a profit each morning from the overseas markets.
Wow, that's awesome. I have no idea about how to create bots. Are they just done in excel or something? How do they link up to the betfair markets? Are you saying you leave them run over night while you're asleep? Might have to look into this.
Old 10th December 2013, 10:02 PM

I use BF Bot Manager v2 (I have no affiliation whatsoever) which you can buy outright. They have an add-on which you you have to pay a monthly subscription which is a multiple strategies bot so you could basically have unlimited strategies with that one I suppose (I've only tried the free trial).

Their bots work great, as long as you have a good strategy as Shaun says. I used to think the bots were rubbish but of course it was just my strategies that were rubbish (and there were a heck of a lot of them that were no good over the years).

They are for Betfair so can't do your arbitrage stuff though.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 10th December 2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocho
I used to think the bots were rubbish but of course it was just my strategies that were rubbish (and there were a heck of a lot of them that were no good over the years).

This cracked me up but explains exactly what a bot is, no more than a tool, works for some but may not suit you, if the bookies would have some type of upload system for bets like the TAB would be great.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 10th December 2013, 11:33 PM

Pat123,
Most of my punting "career" evolved what is now called "bots", "robots".
A motor vehicle production line modern documentary on TV show is a fine example of "bots in action", what used to be done manually,
(hand built cars ) is now a series of mechanical repetitious logic orchestrated by machines.
These machines are "reading" a code written by a human.

I to was once repetitiously manually inputting data till 3 am's at one time.
The type errors, the backspace and the error not seen that caused a loss, and at time an type error was blessing to I may add.
Then progressively what I was doing someone had the "next better" idea and soon I was shown what it is to record a macro.
It seemed to me and quoted in a book I read that computers, horse racing and trifectas is a match made in heaven, to calculate these thing in real time.

Then someone had the next best thing and it was a fully automated betting system running on Win 95 platform.

Then the next thing after that which I had something to do with, was my own "bot" and sourced programmers to "make it happen".
It did "happen" for a while till technology updated and the programmer went South.
----

Well,the theory and it may be practical someday I hope is;
ONE main program collecting all data on a open source environment perpetually maintained by those who can program...similar to firefox web browser concept. It's Open Source

The ONLY thing a punter has to learn is to code their own "bot" using a common BASIC computer language that connects to the main part and can have adaptions for 3rd party software such as bet senders.

Logic indicates that's how it ought to be, narcism inhibits the logic and those willing.

It's like saying, there are 5 billion internet users around the world, so let have 5 billion versions of web browsers, all getting on the net.
Or, you can have one web browser for the same 5 billion users, all all getting on the net.

So the basic question is,
Would it be ethical to have one main program with one common learn-able "bot" language for 100 punters to bet on the races,
or
100 programs with 100 different "bot" languages for 100 punters to bet on the races ?

And further more, the main program is not web based or cloud, it's downloadable and install stand-alone with constant upgrades, in time with the constant evolving IT world.

The final dilemma is this,
there is the artist, ( architect/ideas person the punter), the programmer and the financier.
The financier likes the artist/PUNTER'S idea/concept, who can pay a programmer to develop the idea.
The idea works, but then the artist gets screwed because the financier and the programmer who has the key to the source code end up "happy ever after" and the artists/PUNTER is back to square one.

So it has to be Open Source.

But for now, some of us IT mortals use Excel VBA to get by.
It's never too late.
Old 11th December 2013, 02:02 AM

What's a good day ($) for people here using their bots? Is it still essentially more on the gambling side of things or do you have something down that works now and should theoretically work for a long time etc.

Last edited by Pat123 : 11th December 2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old 11th December 2013, 05:19 AM

I don't like talking $$$'s but points per day profit. You can then convert it to your bank into those dollars.

Im happy with a 1-2 unit profit a day. 1 point = bet size. So if you are betting $1000 then the profit would be $1-$2K. If you only bet $50 then your profit is $50 - $100.

I have lots of systems. I keep an eye on them but am always looking to add more.

I can do your arbitrage with a bot simply enough as I don't use commercial bot software. I write my own software but its hard to werite bots for people as websites change their layout a lot and scraping can be a pain when they do that. So I might write a bot that works for 2 months then breaks and I need to go see what happened to the site and fix the code. Of course if your sites use an xml feed or an api that makes it a lot better.