Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #81  
Old 10th January 2018, 11:31 AM
darkydog2002 darkydog2002 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 6,656
Smile

Hi UB,

For me the saving grace is staking the variation of Kelly.

Most Professionals I have corresponded with over the years have mentioned this to me but its only the last few years have I switched to this form of staking.

Your honesty and input have been most helpful.

Cheers.
darky
__________________
When you live live in clover . when your dead your dead all over.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10th January 2018, 08:40 PM
UselessBettor UselessBettor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,512
Default

Week 1: $1770 Profit
Week 2: $8280 Profit
Day 15 : $900 Profit
Day 16 : $1150 Profit
Day 17: No Bets
Day 18: No Bets
Day 19: $20 Profit.

Total Profit : $12,120 Profit

Just got on for a few races at Bunbury today. Edged out a small profit.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 11th January 2018, 10:06 PM
UselessBettor UselessBettor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,512
Default

Week 1: $1770 Profit
Week 2: $8280 Profit
Day 15 : $900 Profit
Day 16 : $1150 Profit
Day 17: No Bets
Day 18: No Bets
Day 19: $20 Profit.
Day 20: $30 Profit.

Total Profit : $12,150 Profit

Was on one race at Gosford and one at Geraldton. Both races offered poor odds and I was able to make $30 profit.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 13th January 2018, 04:55 PM
UselessBettor UselessBettor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,512
Default

Week 1: $1770 Profit
Week 2: $8280 Profit
Day 15 : $900 Profit
Day 16 : $1150 Profit
Day 17: No Bets
Day 18: No Bets
Day 19: $20 Profit.
Day 20: $30 Profit.
Day 21: No Bets

Total Profit : $12,150 Profit

Just finishing this up for Week 3 before I post today's results later tonight.

I didn't bet yesterday but I had a lot of bets today (and still a lot more to come). Big fields gave a lot of value and a lot of good races.

I'll update my results later tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 13th January 2018, 10:48 PM
UselessBettor UselessBettor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,512
Default

Week 1: $1770 Profit
Week 2: $8280 Profit
Week 3: $2100 Profit

Day 22: $1130 Profit

Total Profit : $13,280 Profit

A really good day today. Magic Millions day at the gold coast meant big fields and lots of good opportunities.

I was on 25 races today. For the big fields I went quite wide and had a lot of chances to secure a profit on the races. I think punting is as much about not losing on those long shot winning races as it is about finding the right horses to back.

Its a nice start to this week.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 14th January 2018, 01:15 PM
UselessBettor UselessBettor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,512
Default

I'll be betting on 18 races today. These are the races:

13:15 Port Lincoln R1
13:50 Port Lincoln R2
13:55 Wellington R1
14:05 Coffs Harbour R2
14:10 Ballarat R3
14:40 Coffs Harbour R3
14:45 Ballarat R4
15:00 Port Lincoln R4
15:05 Wellington R3
15:15 Coffs Harbour R4
15:24 Sushine Coast R3
15:32 Pinjarra R1
15:40 Wellington R4
15:50 Coffs Harbour R5
16:15 Wellington R5
16:25 Coffs Harbour R6
16:42 Pinjarra R3
17:17 Pinjarra R4

I am watching the following races as potential races:

15:59 LOW Sunshine Coast R4
16:50 LOW Wellington R6
17:45 LOW Sunshine Coast R7
17:49 LOW Pinjarra R5


While I don't want to give away exactly what I do, I am still trying to provide any advice/assistance to help people out in this thread. Otherwise this thread is just my results and that would be really boring for most people. So here is a little something to share. My race selection technique is from my own making and involves quite a few things such as odds, ratings and form. I am looking for a good spread in the odds and the ratings which allow the real chances to be identified. For form I am looking for races where there are horses in form (wins/placings/beaten lengths close) so that I know the chances will perform to expectations.

Anyway if you are having a punt today good luck with it.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 14th January 2018, 01:38 PM
UselessBettor UselessBettor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,512
Default

Here is a 14min heads up to the Port Lincoln race 2.

Foto Art is current fixed price at $13. This horse should be closer to $34 - $41. I think its showing so low due to run back on 24th Nov. But that run was on soft ground which the horse seems to prefer. Its runs on Good ground have all been hopeless. Its last run which was a 3rd was at a lower class than this race.

Its also ranked 2nd worst horse in the race by mutliple ratings that I use. I just can't see why its so low priced.

Its an easy one to exlcude or lay depending on your preference for betting/laying at reasonable odds.

Last edited by UselessBettor : 14th January 2018 at 01:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 14th January 2018, 01:53 PM
UselessBettor UselessBettor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
Here is a 14min heads up to the Port Lincoln race 2.

Foto Art is current fixed price at $13. This horse should be closer to $34 - $41. I think its showing so low due to run back on 24th Nov. But that run was on soft ground which the horse seems to prefer. Its runs on Good ground have all been hopeless. Its last run which was a 3rd was at a lower class than this race.

Its also ranked 2nd worst horse in the race by mutliple ratings that I use. I just can't see why its so low priced.

Its an easy one to exlcude or lay depending on your preference for betting/laying at reasonable odds.


Ran 3rd running on late but never a chance as expected. Easy money.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 14th January 2018, 04:20 PM
Mark Mark is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: Qld
Posts: 2,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor

While I don't want to give away exactly what I do, I am still trying to provide any advice/assistance to help people out in this thread. Otherwise this thread is just my results and that would be really boring for most people. So here is a little something to share. My race selection technique is from my own making and involves quite a few things such as odds, ratings and form. I am looking for a good spread in the odds and the ratings which allow the real chances to be identified. For form I am looking for races where there are horses in form (wins/placings/beaten lengths close) so that I know the chances will perform to expectations.

Anyway if you are having a punt today good luck with it.


UB I can guarantee you, you could put up here EXACTLY what you do and your odds will not be affected. Some would dismiss it out of hand, some would have a losing day and give up, some would have a losing day and change things and then complain that it does not work. Some would try, possibly win, but drift back into their own thing, even if it loses, this is very much an ego driven thing. Some would start small, win consistently but not stick at it because they're not getting instant gratification of winning enough to live off..... etc etc etc.
Sounds strange but most would not know what to do if they became consistent winners and are happy to be consistent losers, because they're doing their own thing.
I would be in the group that would respect what you do but continue winning with what I do because your way would not suit my risk/reward style.

Last edited by Mark : 14th January 2018 at 04:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 14th January 2018, 05:07 PM
UselessBettor UselessBettor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
I would be in the group that would respect what you do but continue winning with what I do because your way would not suit my risk/reward style.


Mark,

You are probably right but I like to keep some of my race filtering methodology to myself. Besides I think its actually too hard to explain as well. There are no hard and fast rules but I can just tell if the race is worthwhile or if I should skip it.

I have to say I really respect what you do in making a book on the race. I think all of us have our different methods.

Your method of making a book doesn't quite suit me but on the other hand my method isn't probably that far off your method in that I make a book but I just don't cover all the runners like you do. I like to exclude some runners. I also run several hundred systems which are automated and make money for me whether I am at the computer or not. I know most people wouldn't be able to replicate what I do with my system betting because they don't have the skills to program, collect and manipulate data, or the ability to dissect data they way I do.

I think most professional punters all use their own methods which they have fine tuned and learned to trust over time. I don't think I could have a holy grail handed to me and trust it. My methods all only make small returns but as I know when you compound small returns on top of each other they really add up over the year.

Thanks for the post.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump



All times are GMT +10. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2008 OZmium Pty. Ltd. All rights reserved . ACN 091184655