Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 27th June 2007, 08:31 PM

In fact Diogenes, I DID arrive at my conclusion by analysing what had been written! Statistical and scriptural analytical profiling is my area of expertise. I did that for 28 years before taking up punting full time.

I simply get tired of posters saying one thing pre race and then another post race. ie I'm playing the exotics/I backed the winner. Further, if he HAD "played the exotics" he'd be spruiking about the quinella that apparently paid well. Which is it? The exotics or the winner? In the end, based on his most recent posting, it would seem that he lost money. I hope he DID win but that is not the issue.

Further, if you ever get the time to read through any previous postings I've made here, you'll understand that there is absolutely no way I would place 1 cent on a favourite, let alone one 17000 kms away on a rain affected track!! You will also see that far from "competing" here, I have generally been more than supportive of the "us -v- them" philosophy.

I suppose one of the points I was trying to make is that if people are serious about their punting, why bet on races with little available form, in a foreign country where knowledge of racing patterns, track bias, etc etc.. is limited, on a race on at some ungodly hour of the day? Can anybody see why I feel that that smacks of utter desperation?

For what it is worth WAOS, I am man enough to apologise for having a shot at you and for the obvious offence you took Diogenes. Good luck.

Privateer
Old 28th June 2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privateer
In fact Diogenes, I DID arrive at my conclusion by analysing what had been written! Statistical and scriptural analytical profiling is my area of expertise. I did that for 28 years before taking up punting full time.

I simply get tired of posters saying one thing pre race and then another post race. ie I'm playing the exotics/I backed the winner. Further, if he HAD "played the exotics" he'd be spruiking about the quinella that apparently paid well. Which is it? The exotics or the winner? In the end, based on his most recent posting, it would seem that he lost money. I hope he DID win but that is not the issue.

Further, if you ever get the time to read through any previous postings I've made here, you'll understand that there is absolutely no way I would place 1 cent on a favourite, let alone one 17000 kms away on a rain affected track!! You will also see that far from "competing" here, I have generally been more than supportive of the "us -v- them" philosophy.

I suppose one of the points I was trying to make is that if people are serious about their punting, why bet on races with little available form, in a foreign country where knowledge of racing patterns, track bias, etc etc.. is limited, on a race on at some ungodly hour of the day? Can anybody see why I feel that that smacks of utter desperation?

For what it is worth WAOS, I am man enough to apologise for having a shot at you and for the obvious offence you took Diogenes. Good luck.

Privateer
Now I see where you are coming from.
I haven't read back on your postings but I will take your word for it.
I was reacting to the posting from WAOS where he had Soldiers Tale highlighted as can be seen on this page as a quote from Wattsonek.
Seemed unfair to lay into the fella after he pointed out the horse specifically.
I am a novice, I'm new to punting and here to pick up whatever I can in how to go about it. For me, frustration means people talking about which horse will win an event when what I want to hear is WHY , how they analyse and so on.
Since you are being so forthcoming and sincere I will admit I was niggling and manipulating when I stated "that quinnie paid huge". I thought I was engaging someone being small minded and sticking the boot in and hoped to get it out in the open.
It worked but the results weren't as expected, much like my punting!
So I am not offended, but caught in the middle championing anothers' cause as it were.
I understand how it must feel for others far more experienced and knowledgable as I am now annoyed with newcomers making posts like I did 6 months ago.
While the points you made in your last post may be good ones, I think it is fair to say you didn't touch on them in the post to WAOS, (the parameters you outlined on betting on a race without knowledge of factors like track bias and so on I mean).
What did you do as an occupation re:Statistical and scriptural analytical profiling is my area of expertise?
Only WAOS will know if you are correct, and if you are he will be red faced. Perhaps he will be big enough to tell us.
Old 29th June 2007, 08:24 PM

My occupation was an intelligence analyst.
Old 1st July 2007, 11:46 AM

If you'd like some guidance Diogenes, drop me a line at privateerpunt@hotmail.com and we'll see if we can get you on track.
Old 1st July 2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privateer
If you'd like some guidance Diogenes, drop me a line at privateerpunt@hotmail.com and we'll see if we can get you on track.
Very decent of you.
With my margin of error being almost infinite I don't see how I can possibly refuse.
Old 1st July 2007, 06:17 PM

No problemo.