Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 28th May 2004, 05:11 PM

I'm backing the home dog teams to win (well, actually none of them would qualify as dogs) with the Panthers v Doggies being a close one...Broncos to outpoint the Dragons even with the high no.s backing up...Gordo should keep them motivated.

I will take Wests and the Knights on the line bets but I am never sure about the Sharks although they are at home and scraped past an improving Sea Eagles outfit last week (at Manly too)...Manly's game against the Raiders will be an interesting one...lately, Canberra don't seem to know how to score but they have most of their forwards back and are playing at home...Manly can score points now (with Walker at the helm) but need to tighten up in their defence to have a chance...

And for my 'what the hell its only $10' bet...I'm picking the Warriors to stay within the 12.5 (on offer with IAS) of the Roosters and to score the first try ! That should liven up the weekend LOL!
Old 28th May 2004, 07:48 PM

Panthers are missing Gower this weekend...that will put the pressure on Preston to run off and set his forwards up...Bulldogs will fancy their chances targetting him in their runs...will be close...should be a great game!
Old 29th May 2004, 08:20 AM
Banned

The sharks should win easily, covering the start.
Raiders will beat manly as it's their easiest home game for a while with wins against eels R4,knights R7 ,losing to penrith R2, broncos R9 and they have the wood on MANLY, winning the last 7.
Knights/storm is a 50/50 with the home ground advantage the knights - just.
I think the warriors can win, the roosters have fitzgibbon,hodges,crocker and flannery backing up from origin, wing and minichello stood down, hegarty injured and morley suspended, the warriors have won 4/10 against the roosters, 3/7 at the s.f.s and beat them last time they met.
I think the bulldogs can win a high scoring game, they play penrith very well and the panthers win against the cowboys was sluggish.
eels to win here, w/tigers very rarely win as favourites ,i remember the time during origin against the "baby broncos" they started fav and lost 28-14, plus a few other games as well.with smith dropping 5 players and FINALLY putting m.witt in at half [ they won 11/12 with him there last year]i'll take the punt on a form reversal @ $2.70

cheers
Old 29th May 2004, 10:22 AM

Gold, Heard that Witt is pretty good..that'll be good news for Hindmarsh, who has been giving his all for the Eels so far this year! Parramatta look out of sorts at the moment and a good half pairing is just what the doctor ordered..not sure if that will be enough against the Tigers though! It will be a see sawing game...like all Parra games.
Old 29th May 2004, 10:35 AM

I understand the importance of strong forward play but without a "general" directing how and which way the plays should go teams seem to run around like headless chooks....one of the better half-5/8 combos ive seen over recent years was kimorley-hill the first time I saw them i thought there was something special there
Old 30th May 2004, 11:49 AM

Good call on the Storm v Knights Gold, took the Storm on the line...Melbourne's forwards played their usual hard, tight game and Scott Hill and co. did the rest...Floydy, if he is the Hill you are referring to at 5/8th then I'm not surprised that he had a good combo with Kimmorley..why he is not playing SOO is a mystery.

Souths are looking like the wooden spooners for 2004...anyone know if Fletcher is out after limping off yesterday...he must be wondering whether it was worth leaving a premiership team for the Rabbitohs...Langmack's days must be numbered!
Old 30th May 2004, 04:20 PM

Take it back...Warriors look like a good bet after their pitiful display against a depleted Easts outfit...what was I thinking!!LOL! Coach Anderson will now have to take some of the heat for a pathetic team display...tactically Warriors were always going to struggle...Finch looks on top of his game at the moment, he played a cracker of a game.
Old 30th May 2004, 04:34 PM
Member.

The Parra team is looking pretty awful at the moment too.
Old 30th May 2004, 07:35 PM

HONK.... ya got that right .Best bet of the weekend HONK !! last weeks profits GORN
Old 2nd June 2004, 04:01 AM
Banned

Well guys I've done my NRL system. Exactly the same as the S12 system, took me 5-10 mins to do. Held off on doing it for a bit since I was going to make a new system from scratch. The S12 one performed better over 1 round (a very small sample) but is much simplier and quicker to test so I gave it a go. So far it's 19-9 on all games from R4-R7. I'm about to all other rounds this season.

Definately going to try and adapt it to Super League and AFL. Still plenty of season left for me.

I know 19-9 is not a meaningful number statistically, but it is a nice start and considering the system has already gone 53-16 on another sport I'm optimistic.

The bookies seem sharper on NRL, just 1 point in the spread decides the bet more often than it does in S12.